Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$23.30

Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$10.99
1 hr ago
Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$15.72

Train to Busan (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$17.99
5 hrs ago
Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Rawhead Rex (Blu-ray)
$24.35

Coming to America 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.96

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 03-25-2021, 06:34 AM   #81
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Texas

I wish Paramount would just go ahead and release the rest of their films in steelbooks. I like how they are acknowledging the 40th Anniversary of each movie but just go ahead and release 3 thru 8. Part 8 should look beautiful with the colorful New York City skyline on the shiny steelbook.
Thanks given by:
jaws3dfan (03-25-2021), ThatMovieNerd (03-30-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 09:35 PM   #82

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluPat View Post
I wish Paramount would just go ahead and release the rest of their films in steelbooks. I like how they are acknowledging the 40th Anniversary of each movie but just go ahead and release 3 thru 8. Part 8 should look beautiful with the colorful New York City skyline on the shiny steelbook.
I never collected the Limited Edition set cause I am expecting them at some point to try and do 4K releases for the films.
But I've been making an exception with these gorgeous steelbook releases and will replace the Discs when 4K releases come.

That said I think the acceptable thing to do would be to release them 2 at a time at least but ultimately try to have them all released within a year but that's just wishful thinking.
Even though it's a terrible film, I still want Jason Goes to Hell to also get a steelbook release too...
Old 03-28-2021, 01:48 AM   #83

Apr 2015

Sorry if this has been answered already but does the version of Part 2 on the steelbook fix the digital zoom during Ginny/Pamela's talk with Jason in the shack near the end?
Old 03-28-2021, 02:14 PM   #84

Mar 2016
VA

The matte finish on this one is so much better than the scratch prone black gloss of the first film Steelbook. Does anyone know if any country got a matte version of the anniversary Steelbook for the first film?
Old 03-28-2021, 02:48 PM   #85
Special Member

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinot Grigio View Post
Sorry if this has been answered already but does the version of Part 2 on the steelbook fix the digital zoom during Ginny/Pamela's talk with Jason in the shack near the end?
I don't have this version but if that was a problem on the OG Paramount disc, it's probably a problem here too, since it's the same disc as every other Paramount blu release. Just a shameful attempt to milk money out of feeble minded collectors with no self control. They do look nice no doubt, but it's a bit late to the party. If they released these the same time they released the blus originally, I definitely would of bought the steels. Now I would just be buying for the package alone, which I'm against. I'm a collector, not a hoarder. I don't need 100 copies/variations of the same movie. That's money I could spend on movies and games I don't have already. If these where good 4k versions, it might be tempting.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:04 PM   #86
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Got mine in the mail over the weekend, haven't had a chance to watch it yet but the Steelbook is very cool!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks