Best SteelBook Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$23.30
 
Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$10.99
47 min ago
Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$15.72
 
Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$17.99
4 hrs ago
Train to Busan (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Rawhead Rex (Blu-ray)
$24.35
 
Coming to America 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.96
 
Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2021, 12:48 AM   #41
RalphoR RalphoR is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
RalphoR's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
The Forbidden Valley of NE Ohio
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulboland View Post
Zavvi collectors edition with Figurine is a amaray release not a steelbook
Thanks. That's too bad. I should have read the email instead of looking at the picture
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:18 AM   #42
lateralspin lateralspin is offline
Power Member
 
lateralspin's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Sydney Australia
6
Default

I wanted to like the movie, but it is just not a good movie.

Worldwide steelbook artwork is unique in showcasing an art style called Acrylic Pouring also known as Fluid Painting technique.

History:

The pouring technique first emerged in the 1930’s from a Mexican Marxist Activist named David Alfaro Siqueiros, which he called “accidental painting”.

It is a natural process described by science called Fluid Dynamics.

Paint Pouring has become trendy in art spaces recently (2020).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
gkolb (02-12-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 01:20 AM   #43
ahossein79 ahossein79 is offline
Expert Member
 
ahossein79's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Chicago, Illinois
180
661
127
150
Default

I refuse to import especially after the nightmare I had with the Star Wars Zavvi steelbooks not going to deal with it. If Best Buy doesn't carry a steelbook I will wait off on buying Wonder Woman 1984 when it goes on sale. I see no reason I should spend $30 on a cheap standard edition, I have no problem spending $35 on a steelbook
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:50 AM   #44
russgup russgup is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2011
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
19
64
908
1
7
Default

I had to go with the normal steelbook as my payment card expires around time of release and as far as I can see you can't change payment details on active orders with hmv. I will have to hope there is still stock when my new card arrives and switch my order then
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:58 AM   #45
Porco Azzurro Porco Azzurro is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Porco Azzurro's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
UK
230
2620
Default

This will be a blind buy for me, loved the previous WW movie and based on all the complaining I’ve tried to avoid as much possible I’m not expecting to like this one quite as much, but this HMV Steelbook looks great IMHO, regardless of whether I like the movie.

Shame there’s no 3D release in the UK though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:31 PM   #46
johnnyscience johnnyscience is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2018
9
Default

I think this steel looks amazing... but why does the design look like an acid trip?

This looks like it should be the Fear and Loathing steelbook lol

Sucks HMV won’t ship outside the UK
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 02:46 PM   #47
Troll2fan Troll2fan is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Troll2fan's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
Benicia, CA
27
97
809
52
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
You Yankees don't deserve it after the critical lashing you gave it!
Well deserved lashing. It's a shame because the first one was so good.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
wjasoncul (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 11:19 PM   #48
ahossein79 ahossein79 is offline
Expert Member
 
ahossein79's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Chicago, Illinois
180
661
127
150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyscience View Post
I think this steel looks amazing... but why does the design look like an acid trip?

This looks like it should be the Fear and Loathing steelbook lol

Sucks HMV won’t ship outside the UK
They are a bunch of ****ing *******s for not shipping outside of the UK. Seriously it is 2021?!?!? How difficult is it for you to accommodate international customers? SMH. I said it before and I'll say it again no US steelbook I am not buying this standard edition bullshit until it hit's $10 maybe around black Friday
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW (02-02-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 12:07 AM   #49
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
199
990
207
2
64
89
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahossein79 View Post
They are a bunch of ****ing *******s for not shipping outside of the UK. Seriously it is 2021?!?!? How difficult is it for you to accommodate international customers? SMH. I said it before and I'll say it again no US steelbook I am not buying this standard edition bullshit until it hit's $10 maybe around black Friday
You could say that about Wal-Mart and Best Buy with all their exclusives that we can’t buy here. It shit so there’s always ebay.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
richieb1971 (02-02-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 12:10 AM   #50
ahossein79 ahossein79 is offline
Expert Member
 
ahossein79's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Chicago, Illinois
180
661
127
150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
You could say that about Wal-Mart and Best Buy with all their exclusives that we can’t buy here. It shit so there’s always ebay.
Yeah paying obscene scalper prices on ebay I agree it is ridiculous for Best Buy or any retailer not to have international shipments in 2021
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW (02-02-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 12:20 AM   #51
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
199
990
207
2
64
89
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahossein79 View Post
Yeah paying obscene scalper prices on ebay I agree it is ridiculous for Best Buy or any retailer not to have international shipments in 2021
Unfortunately there’s no alternative if you want something that bad or you just have to go without and settle your country’s edition.

I hate it aswell. Back in the day When Man of Steel came out I had to get each stores exclusives on eBay,there was no,other way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:13 AM   #52
mediaguy mediaguy is offline
Member
 
mediaguy's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
330
1386
200
33
Default

I'll buy a SteelBook version but the movie was so ... regrettable and forgettable. Sorry to those that liked it, but ... blarg! So far BB has had SteelBooks for DC but we'll see. Hope so, despite what I think of the movie. Love a good SteelBook.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 12:44 PM   #53
pottyaboutpotter1 pottyaboutpotter1 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
pottyaboutpotter1's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
397
893
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray0002 View Post
Although I am a huge DC fan. Love they brought WW to the big screen, I just didn't get what Patty did with this movie. Everything was just wrong.

Can anyone tell me what 1984 had to do with this movie ? Other than the mall scene and the song New Order by Blue Monday which actually released in 1983 not sure why this was called 1984. The clothes the cars the tech was not even accurate to 1984.

Not going to spoil the movie for others but.. let's just say this if this movie was to have taken place before the events of BvS and Justice League then everything Diana Prince became in 1984 should have been there in the future. This movie practically erases canon of the other movies.

Sure I may be over critical of this and should just eat my popcorn and enjoy the movie but.. continuity should be something Warner Bros. should take more seriously with their properties. Learn from Marvel how to make prequels so they don't mess with the current events.

WW is arguably the 2nd most revered character in DC comics and fan favorite.... Batman, WW , Superman in that order.

How casting Kristin Wig to be the anti hero is beyond me. I think Pedro Pascal character was created to offset the wrong of having Kristin Wig be the actual villian.

WB knew they had a turd of a movie and decided to stick with release.

Sad : Disney made a mistake with Captain Marvel and they knew it.. that's why you didn't see her much in End Game. Hope this movie doesn't ruin WW for DC.
In regards to continuity, Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins mentioned a while ago that they disagreed with Zack Snyder's decision to have Wonder Woman turn her back on humanity for 70+ years and would be ignoring it in their films as a result. In this film, we do see Diana attempt to stay in the shadows by destroying cameras so they make some attempt at keeping the continuity, but not a lot.

As for Captain Marvel, Disney didn't make a mistake. The reason she was hardly in Endgame is that they filmed Endgame before Captain Marvel (Endgame was mostly filmed at the same time as Infinity War in 2017, with a few weeks of pickups/reshoots in 2018) thus the script for Captain Marvel hadn't been written yet so Carol's character and personality in the films hadn't properly been defined yet. They've been pretty open in saying that they'd have preferred to have waited until Captain Marvel's script was done so Carol could have had a larger role, but it was impossible to do so with the schedule they had to keep. Disney and Marvel remain committed to making Captain Marvel a central figure in the MCU; Captain Marvel 2 is one of their top priorities and is due to be released in November 2022, while the Disney+ shows WandaVision, Ms. Marvel, and Secret Invasion will all connect to and serve as lead-ins to Captain Marvel 2.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bell_packet (02-02-2021), crugsy (02-01-2021), DarthEd (01-31-2021), gkolb (02-12-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 04:05 AM   #54
bell_packet bell_packet is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
bell_packet's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
49
300
57
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottyaboutpotter1 View Post
In regards to continuity, Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins mentioned a while ago that they disagreed with Zack Snyder's decision to have Wonder Woman turn her back on humanity for 70+ years and would be ignoring it in their films as a result. In this film, we do see Diana attempt to stay in the shadows by destroying cameras so they make some attempt at keeping the continuity, but not a lot.

As for Captain Marvel, Disney didn't make a mistake. The reason she was hardly in Endgame is that they filmed Endgame before Captain Marvel (Endgame was mostly filmed at the same time as Infinity War in 2017, with a few weeks of pickups/reshoots in 2018) thus the script for Captain Marvel hadn't been written yet so Carol's character and personality in the films hadn't properly been defined yet. They've been pretty open in saying that they'd have preferred to have waited until Captain Marvel's script was done so Carol could have had a larger role, but it was impossible to do so with the schedule they had to keep. Disney and Marvel remain committed to making Captain Marvel a central figure in the MCU; Captain Marvel 2 is one of their top priorities and is due to be released in November 2022, while the Disney+ shows WandaVision, Ms. Marvel, and Secret Invasion will all connect to and serve as lead-ins to Captain Marvel 2.
I'm loling at someone thinking a $1.1BN earner was "a mistake". Get off the internet crackpipe and take a hit of reality, most movies wish they "failed" that good. Just because a bunch of neckbeards shit themselves online over her doesn't mean anything in the real world.

Captain Marvel also wasn't in the movie too much because it was about the original 6 and it was important they were the ones to get the screentime and focus since it was the farewell for half of them. She's going to take centre stage going forward plus she's a super heavy hitter that you don't want to lean on too much, so it made total sense she wasn't in it a lot.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
eselv73 (02-02-2021), gkolb (02-12-2021), WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW (02-02-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 01:03 PM   #55
richieb1971 richieb1971 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2007
53
674
16
Default

I get all my USA steelbooks via a proxy buyer in the USA. I return the favour if necessary. There are still too many stores exclusive to their own country.

Having stores sell overseas is not always a good thing. Example I wanted a product from a non blu ray website and the link went live at 02:00am GMT. I couldn't stay awake waiting for it, when I woke up in the morning all the product had sold. A week or two later Americans on youtube are all reviewing a UK product and only those UK'ers which had special treatment actually reviewed the product. It felt like betrayal

I fear the reason Zavvi doesn't like returns is because half or maybe more are going far away places and if the product is ruined in transit thats a return you cannot sell.

If I was selling a steelbook via a company, the minimum requirement would be an option to upgrade the shipping container to something that is 99% full proof to get there in 1 piece. Unfortunately Zavvi use large letter cardboard mailers which are cost effective but offer about 85% protection. HMV from memory use bubble mailers which are even worse. If you're in the USA and you buy a HMV steelbook that is transit in a bubble mailer I fear you won't be a happy bunny when it arrives.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:36 AM   #56
ahossein79 ahossein79 is offline
Expert Member
 
ahossein79's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Chicago, Illinois
180
661
127
150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieb1971 View Post
I get all my USA steelbooks via a proxy buyer in the USA. I return the favour if necessary. There are still too many stores exclusive to their own country.

Having stores sell overseas is not always a good thing. Example I wanted a product from a non blu ray website and the link went live at 02:00am GMT. I couldn't stay awake waiting for it, when I woke up in the morning all the product had sold. A week or two later Americans on youtube are all reviewing a UK product and only those UK'ers which had special treatment actually reviewed the product. It felt like betrayal

I fear the reason Zavvi doesn't like returns is because half or maybe more are going far away places and if the product is ruined in transit thats a return you cannot sell.

If I was selling a steelbook via a company, the minimum requirement would be an option to upgrade the shipping container to something that is 99% full proof to get there in 1 piece. Unfortunately Zavvi use large letter cardboard mailers which are cost effective but offer about 85% protection. HMV from memory use bubble mailers which are even worse. If you're in the USA and you buy a HMV steelbook that is transit in a bubble mailer I fear you won't be a happy bunny when it arrives.
PM me if you are getting a steelbook, I will pay
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:53 PM   #57
GreatGreg GreatGreg is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
GreatGreg's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
-
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieb1971 View Post
If I was selling a steelbook via a company, the minimum requirement would be an option to upgrade the shipping container to something that is 99% full proof to get there in 1 piece. Unfortunately Zavvi use large letter cardboard mailers which are cost effective but offer about 85% protection. HMV from memory use bubble mailers which are even worse. If you're in the USA and you buy a HMV steelbook that is transit in a bubble mailer I fear you won't be a happy bunny when it arrives.
A nice thought in theory but impractical in real life. Margins are not high for physical media the extra cost for 99% protection would likely run you out of business.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:09 AM   #58
paulboland paulboland is offline
Power Member
 
paulboland's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland
254
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieb1971 View Post
I get all my USA steelbooks via a proxy buyer in the USA. I return the favour if necessary. There are still too many stores exclusive to their own country.

Having stores sell overseas is not always a good thing. Example I wanted a product from a non blu ray website and the link went live at 02:00am GMT. I couldn't stay awake waiting for it, when I woke up in the morning all the product had sold. A week or two later Americans on youtube are all reviewing a UK product and only those UK'ers which had special treatment actually reviewed the product. It felt like betrayal

I fear the reason Zavvi doesn't like returns is because half or maybe more are going far away places and if the product is ruined in transit thats a return you cannot sell.

If I was selling a steelbook via a company, the minimum requirement would be an option to upgrade the shipping container to something that is 99% full proof to get there in 1 piece. Unfortunately Zavvi use large letter cardboard mailers which are cost effective but offer about 85% protection. HMV from memory use bubble mailers which are even worse. If you're in the USA and you buy a HMV steelbook that is transit in a bubble mailer I fear you won't be a happy bunny when it arrives.
HMV have been using cardboard wraparound mailers a few years now they are better even that what Zavvi use
When was the last time you ordered from HMV
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:04 PM   #59
Teddy Westside Teddy Westside is offline
Active Member
 
Teddy Westside's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
UK
70
116
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerToAnimals View Post
Gorgeous.

And so is the Steelbook.
Even better in the flesh - well, steel, seeing as it was only the steelbook which arrived at my door this morning!

I held off seeing the movie until I could get my hands on Wonder Woman physically ( I need to stop with the innuendo!) as the cinema wasn't an option and I avoid streaming whenever possible.

Just got to find uninterrupted time to watch it now...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:17 PM   #60
richieb1971 richieb1971 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2007
53
674
16
Default



One copy is for my friend as he doesn't like buying online.

I will open one up which is mine.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:49 PM.