Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Train to Busan (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.96

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$27.99

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Rawhead Rex (Blu-ray)
$24.35

Hard Core Logo/Hard Core Logo 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.26

Super 8 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$17.49
4 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$15.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 02-04-2021, 09:37 AM   #21
Expert Member

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyry View Post
Please fire all of these cover artists. When is the last time BB had an even decent looking steel? This looks like a middle schooler made it.

not to mention the regular covers for most movies are ass too
Your post here means mission accomplished. I'm sure they have all now been fired.

Good job.
Thanks given by:
bornthisway (02-04-2021), d6a4s5 (02-04-2021), El Rey (02-04-2021), EricDra7en (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 11:43 AM   #22
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2009
Denver, CO

If the background was a blueish sky, it would look better. Not sure if I’ll get this or the Target exclusive.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:45 PM   #23
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

It's okay, not great. It's basically a different perspective/interpretation of the themes of this official poster

Thanks given by:
(W)KRP (04-02-2021), El Rey (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 01:48 PM   #24
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Here's what appears to be the direct inspiration for it.I like this one much better.

Thanks given by:
(W)KRP (04-02-2021), El Rey (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 02:12 PM   #25
Power Member

Jan 2011
PA

Wonder when Best Buy will put up the link for the steel?
Old 02-04-2021, 04:00 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Daddyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclorama View Post
And just who do you think is going to raise this with the corporate office?
Customer Service? The store manager? You? LOL. Nothing will change.

You and every other SteelBook purchaser has already made them aware.

Your measly SteelBook purchases don't mean diddly to them.
Forget steelbook, then. When you pay for any new product, the product Best Buy sends needs to be NEW. They have earned a reputation for shipping B stock and damaged crap. So yeah they'd better address this. If not, I'm cancelling my BB credit card and taking my business elsewhere and that goes for all my business. I don't just buy steelbooks. And I'm not the only customer they will lose.
Thanks given by:
ryebren (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 10:36 PM   #27

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremal View Post
Forget steelbook, then. When you pay for any new product, the product Best Buy sends needs to be NEW. They have earned a reputation for shipping B stock and damaged crap. So yeah they'd better address this. If not, I'm cancelling my BB credit card and taking my business elsewhere and that goes for all my business. I don't just buy steelbooks. And I'm not the only customer they will lose.
I picked up a seasonal job at a local best buy in the warehouse about 7 years back. it was nothing but kids working with me and they literally threw TV's down the conveyor belt to get them on/off the truck. 50% of them falling all over the place along with everything else. There was no care for anything. Most of the kids were too busy socializing with each other and playing with their cell phones in the warehouse to get anything done. Probably the most pitiful work environment I was ever in. They relied on me and another older guy they hired seasonal to pick up all the slack and get the work done. The 8+ kids I worked with barely did anything and couldn't have cared less. I don't know who i blame more... them, the boss or Best Buy in general for not caring.

I was just trying to get some extra cash and get discounts and have access to stuff first. It just was a horrible environment to work in and wasn't worth it.
Thanks given by:
(W)KRP (02-21-2021), Nothing371 (02-04-2021), ToEhrIsHuman (02-05-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 10:51 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Daddyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpleminz View Post
I picked up a seasonal job at a local best buy in the warehouse about 7 years back. it was nothing but kids working with me and they literally threw TV's down the conveyor belt to get them on/off the truck. 50% of them falling all over the place along with everything else. There was no care for anything. Most of the kids were too busy socializing with each other and playing with their cell phones in the warehouse to get anything done. Probably the most pitiful work environment I was ever in. They relied on me and another older guy they hired seasonal to pick up all the slack and get the work done. The 8+ kids I worked with barely did anything and couldn't have cared less. I don't know who i blame more... them, the boss or Best Buy in general for not caring.

I was just trying to get some extra cash and get discounts and have access to stuff first. It just was a horrible environment to work in and wasn't worth it.
Thanks, yeah, that's pretty much as I pictured it. But that kind of attitude comes down from above. If you have executives that care, you have management that cares, and then they hire workers who care.

The guy who said above that it doesn't matter who complains is exactly right. I was all set to recite some speech about how wrong it is to send product out like this. But when I returned my steelbook, I took one look at the team member handling returns and realized how futile it would be. I just took my receipt for the refund and left.

I'm going to cancel my BB card this month when I pay off my balance and do my shopping elsewhere from now on. The wrecked steelbooks are not as aggravating as all the time I've wasted returning the damaged items. On the way back from BB, I was stuck in traffic for half an hour due to a lane closure, so tack that on to all the wasted time I've had to deal with this BS.

I found the Hobbit trilogy steelbook for $90 on EBay with just a minor dent. That's the way I'm going from now on.
Thanks given by:
(W)KRP (02-21-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 11:14 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Los Angeles, USA

The artwork is prime suckatola. Pass.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:40 PM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2015
Minneapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
It's okay, not great. It's basically a different perspective/interpretation of the themes of this official poster

Hey that cat looks kinda cool. I actually want to see this now.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:14 AM   #31

Mar 2010
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremal View Post
Thanks, yeah, that's pretty much as I pictured it. But that kind of attitude comes down from above. If you have executives that care, you have management that cares, and then they hire workers who care.

The guy who said above that it doesn't matter who complains is exactly right. I was all set to recite some speech about how wrong it is to send product out like this. But when I returned my steelbook, I took one look at the team member handling returns and realized how futile it would be. I just took my receipt for the refund and left.

I'm going to cancel my BB card this month when I pay off my balance and do my shopping elsewhere from now on. The wrecked steelbooks are not as aggravating as all the time I've wasted returning the damaged items. On the way back from BB, I was stuck in traffic for half an hour due to a lane closure, so tack that on to all the wasted time I've had to deal with this BS.

I found the Hobbit trilogy steelbook for $90 on EBay with just a minor dent. That's the way I'm going from now on.
If a steelbook sales mean nothing to Best Buy and Best Buy just wanted movie collectors to come in the store to purchase other items, they’d price their Steelbooks like Costco sells their roasted chickens. They don’t do this so they know there’s a market and price the product accordingly. Just keep returning the damaged steels to them but do yourself a favor and just bring it to a UPS store. Canceling your card is probably bad for your credit.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:44 AM   #32

Oct 2008

Yeah i kind of have to agree. The best way to stick it to them is to return online, Mark as damaged and ups it back to them. You just drop it in a ups box. Enough people do that they'll start to notice. Going to the store to return it flies under the radar as they'll just stick it in the shelf and someone will grab it or they'll damage it out in store. That kind of defeats them finding out its being damaged at the warehouse.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:06 AM   #33
Power Member

Apr 2012
Kentucky

Quote:
Please fire all of these cover artists. When is the last time BB had an even decent looking steel? This looks like a middle schooler made it.

Having worked with middle schoolers, quite a few of them are very talented and driven. I don't think this is the insult you want it to be, lol.
Thanks given by:
Sall7987 (02-05-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 02:27 PM   #34

Nov 2020

Quote:

All I know is that the golden age of Zavvi was the best, and it's never coming back from the bluray years and 3Ds and everything they had. But they still make some very high-quality steels with Disney stuff at least, it's just they are expensive.

I'll probably wait for sales. I just can't fathom paying 35 for anything from BB when they went on sale for 5 bucks a piece. The quality is just the thinnest steel possible, and I've noticed so many badly designed center pieces that have the image basically only in the disc area like that hideous BatB 4K.

I haven't even picked up a few of my favorite films in 4K like Beast, Wall-E, and a couple others either because of price or because the steels were so gross looking. I treasure all my slips and steels from the bluray era. They looks so much nicer than anything we get today outside of the Disney Zavvi releases, which are still very high quality.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:33 AM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Complete artwork.

Last edited by Viking61; 02-08-2021 at 08:46 AM.
Thanks given by:
d6a4s5 (02-08-2021), El Rey (02-08-2021), EricDra7en (02-08-2021), Eschenpod (02-09-2021), Felix_ro (02-09-2021), gambit64 (02-08-2021), gkolb (02-10-2021), jamesdevil (02-08-2021), maverick22 (02-08-2021), NVllyRnnr (02-08-2021), pab1219 (02-08-2021), SpazeBlue (02-08-2021), tono06 (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 05:19 PM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Zavvi is still a possibility for myself.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:05 AM   #37
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking61 View Post
Complete artwork.

Might be kind of nice, depending on how well the sunshine colors pop in person.

A lot of folks complained about the original Solo: A Star Wars Story steenbok and I thought it was a tad uninspiring based on the photos. But when I saw it person I thought it was one of the most gorgeous steenboks I had ever seen.

...this could be similar.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:46 AM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Los Angeles, USA

I had a nightmare that this was my sole steelbook purchase for all of 2021.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:50 PM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2007
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhl3000 View Post
I had a nightmare that this was my sole steelbook purchase for all of 2021.

Wouldn't necessarily be a nightmare if it could save you some money
I spent so much money on steelbooks last year so I know I need to ease it down. I am almost at a point that I have all my favorite movies on steelbook.

It wouldn't surprise me if Soul was one of the few new release steelbooks I end up buying, the other one being WW84 if the US gets a steelbook. Although there are some good movies that are scheduled to be released in 2021, not sure if they will all get a theatrical due to the pandemic and some of these movies may not get a steelbook release.. Perhaps studios will release some 4k catalog titles on steelbooks.

Last edited by Lsalas76; 02-09-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Thanks given by:
dbhl3000 (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 05:31 PM   #40
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA

On the grand scale of awful steenbok designs, this is hardly one of the worst.

What is it y’all hate about it so much?

...is it the color scheme?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks