Best Xbox One Game Deals


Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One)
$19.00
 
Stranded Sails (Xbox One)
$23.99
 
Warhammer: Chaosbane (Xbox One)
$23.64
 
Marvel's Avengers (Xbox One)
$24.99
 
Blair Witch (Xbox One)
$19.40
1 day ago
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Xbox One)
$34.51
1 day ago
My Hero One's Justice 2 (Xbox One)
$71.80
 
NBA 2K18 (Xbox One)
$8.64
9 hrs ago
TrackMania Turbo (Xbox One)
$17.00
 
Dead Alliance (Xbox One)
$18.11
9 hrs ago
Darksiders (Xbox One)
$16.30
 
Sťbastien Loeb Rally Evo (Xbox One)
$10.95
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #1
JayTL JayTL is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JayTL's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
102
Default MLB The Show: Finally on Xbox

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/stat...41272831438850

Quote:
MLB The Show launches day and date on PS4 and PS5 with cross-platform play on
@Xbox
One and Xbox Series X|S
Not a huge fan of the series/baseball...but good news for all involved.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 03:47 PM   #2
Batman90 Batman90 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Batman90's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Gotham City
1
Default

Sony should have just not renewed they licenses and make Microsoft make their own game. Actually if Microsoft wanted a baseball game so bad why didn’t they get the licenses as well and make their own game a long time ago?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Vw Driver (03-18-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 04:14 PM   #3
jayturner514 jayturner514 is offline
Special Member
 
jayturner514's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Right here...
198
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Sony should have just not renewed they licenses and make Microsoft make their own game. Actually if Microsoft wanted a baseball game so bad why didnít they get the licenses as well and make their own game a long time ago?
Why? Sony knows they have a good game, why on earth would they give it up? It wasnít their fault that MLB wanted to reach more players...itís just good business. Plus, with cross-play and cross-progression, online play is going to probably hit an all time high...everyone wins.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Vw Driver (03-18-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 04:18 PM   #4
tcripe tcripe is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
tcripe's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
Seattle
Default

Excited to finally try out the Show. Ive always been an Xbox guy so never gotten the chance. Time to take the Mariners to the world series (cuz its never going to happen in real life) lol.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JayTL (02-03-2021), Vw Driver (03-18-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #5
JayTL JayTL is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JayTL's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayturner514 View Post
Why? Sony knows they have a good game, why on earth would they give it up? It wasnít their fault that MLB wanted to reach more players...itís just good business. Plus, with cross-play and cross-progression, online play is going to probably hit an all time high...everyone wins.
Sony still makes the game. So the people who either don't want a Sony console, or prefers Xbox can get the game...and Sony gets money they normally wouldn't get. I doubt people are rushing out to buy a console just for a baseball game.

It really is a Win-Win.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:32 PM   #6
Batman90 Batman90 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Batman90's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Gotham City
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayturner514 View Post
Why? Sony knows they have a good game, why on earth would they give it up? It wasnít their fault that MLB wanted to reach more players...itís just good business. Plus, with cross-play and cross-progression, online play is going to probably hit an all time high...everyone wins.
Cause Sony is the one making it. If Microsoft wanted a MLB game they could have gotten the licenses as well and made their own but no they instead made RBI Baseball and cried about it. Sonyís giving up their exclusive game for nothing in return. They should have not renewed and if Microsoft wanted a game they would get the licenses and MLB would make them put it on PS5. The Show franchise belongs to Sony so Microsoft couldnít make a game called The Show with the licenses. I donít see Microsoft putting any of their exclusives on PlayStation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:12 PM   #7
bryanr1213 bryanr1213 is offline
Special Member
 
May 2010
Tennessee
40
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Cause Sony is the one making it. If Microsoft wanted a MLB game they could have gotten the licenses as well and made their own but no they instead made RBI Baseball and cried about it. Sonyís giving up their exclusive game for nothing in return. They should have not renewed and if Microsoft wanted a game they would get the licenses and MLB would make them put it on PS5. The Show franchise belongs to Sony so Microsoft couldnít make a game called The Show with the licenses. I donít see Microsoft putting any of their exclusives on PlayStation.
Im telling you microsoft is fazing themselves out of the console market, why you think phil spencer doesnt refer to sony as a competitor microsoft loses money on console sales, all there money comes from game sales and game pass, them holding bethesda games from playstation would be bad economics granted they came hold some back but I dont think microsoft is gonna take a game that used to be a triple a title and make it a exclusive yo will totally alienate a fan base.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:49 PM   #8
jayturner514 jayturner514 is offline
Special Member
 
jayturner514's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Right here...
198
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Cause Sony is the one making it. If Microsoft wanted a MLB game they could have gotten the licenses as well and made their own but no they instead made RBI Baseball and cried about it. Sony’s giving up their exclusive game for nothing in return. They should have not renewed and if Microsoft wanted a game they would get the licenses and MLB would make them put it on PS5. The Show franchise belongs to Sony so Microsoft couldn’t make a game called The Show with the licenses. I don’t see Microsoft putting any of their exclusives on PlayStation.
I’m confused as to what your argument is. MLB laid out the terms for renewing the license...meaning, if Sony wanted to renew it, they had to include Xbox. It was either that, or no game at all for anyone. Pretty simple decision.
Are you just moaning because Sony lost an exclusive?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:56 PM   #9
Batman90 Batman90 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Batman90's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Gotham City
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayturner514 View Post
I’m confused as to what your argument is. MLB laid out the terms for renewing the license...meaning, if Sony wanted to renew it, they had to include Xbox. It was either that, or no game at all for anyone. Pretty simple decision.
Are you just moaning because Sony lost an exclusive?
Yeah it sucks Sony lost an exclusive cause Phil Spencer would cry that they didn’t have an official MLB game. Xbox could have gotten their own license to use the MLB teams and players but they decided it and decided to make little crappy baseball games like RBI baseball cause they didn’t want to take the time and develop their own MLB game. Sony should just said screw it and not renew the licenses. Why give up an exclusive just to please Microsoft? I don’t see Microsoft bringing Gears to PlayStation. If it wasn’t for Phil Spencer wasn’t crying like a baby The Show would still be an exclusive. Sony owns The Show franchise so if they didn’t renew the licenses no other studio can use The Show name.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:58 PM   #10
Batman90 Batman90 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Batman90's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Gotham City
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanr1213 View Post
Im telling you microsoft is fazing themselves out of the console market, why you think phil spencer doesnt refer to sony as a competitor microsoft loses money on console sales, all there money comes from game sales and game pass, them holding bethesda games from playstation would be bad economics granted they came hold some back but I dont think microsoft is gonna take a game that used to be a triple a title and make it a exclusive yo will totally alienate a fan base.
If Microsoft was getting out of the console business then why are they not releasing their games on PlayStation? They clear do see them as a competitor cause for their Sony would have Gears and other Xbox games on their consoles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:58 PM   #11
R3P0 R3P0 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Theres already a thread on this has been for years

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=323986
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:04 PM   #12
R3P0 R3P0 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Yeah it sucks Sony lost an exclusive cause Phil Spencer would cry that they didnít have an official MLB game. Xbox could have gotten their own license to use the MLB teams and players but they decided it and decided to make little crappy baseball games like RBI baseball cause they didnít want to take the time and develop their own MLB game. Sony should just said screw it and not renew the licenses. Why give up an exclusive just to please Microsoft? I donít see Microsoft bringing Gears to PlayStation. If it wasnít for Phil Spencer wasnít crying like a baby The Show would still be an exclusive. Sony owns The Show franchise so if they didnít renew the licenses no other studio can use The Show name.
It had 0 to do with Ms and 100% everything to do with MLB wanting the game on both consoles for exposure. Id suggest you go back and read the original press releases.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jayturner514 (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 11:06 PM   #13
Batman90 Batman90 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Batman90's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Gotham City
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
It had 0 to do with Ms and 100% everything to do with MLB wanting the game on both consoles for exposure. Id suggest you go back and read the original press releases.
Yeah that why Spencer said Thank you to the MLB after the announcement.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:10 PM   #14
R3P0 R3P0 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Yeah that why Spencer said Thank you to the MLB after the announcement.
Sony isnt crying either they are going to double or triple the number of units sold. So instead of 8 million sold they will now get 16 million wow yeah Sony is crying man. You need to learn about basic economics before you start tossing out wild theories. Double the money + exposure is not a bad thing. Instead of making 420 million on the show they will now make 840 million.

Also of course he said thank you as they get a % of every game sold for Xbox. So yeah works out for both companies.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jayturner514 (02-03-2021), tcripe (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 11:16 PM   #15
Batman90 Batman90 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Batman90's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Gotham City
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Sony isnt crying either they are going to double or triple the number of units sold. So instead of 8 million sold they will now get 16 million wow yeah Sony is crying man. You need to learn about basic economics before you start tossing out wild theories. Double the money + exposure is not a bad thing. Instead of making 420 million on the show they will now make 840 million.

Also of course he said thank you as they get a % of every game sold for Xbox. So yeah works out for both companies.
Since when is it a good thing to being the one putting the time and money into something just to have your competition to benefit from something you made and they haven’t put a dime into making? No way in hell would I put a product that I made on the competitions system just so they can make money off of it. Even if they was just to make a dollar off of it I still wouldn’t do it All or nothing.

Last edited by Batman90; 02-03-2021 at 11:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:17 PM   #16
tcripe tcripe is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
tcripe's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
Seattle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanr1213 View Post
microsoft loses money on console sales, all there money comes from game sales and game pass
You do realize that Sony sells the Ps5 at a loss as well right?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jayturner514 (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 11:37 PM   #17
R3P0 R3P0 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Since when is it a good thing to being the one putting the time and money into something just to have your competition to benefit from something you made and they haven’t put a dime into making? No way in hell would I put a product that I made on the competitions system just so they can make money off of it. Even if they was just to make a dollar off of it I still wouldn’t do it All or nothing.
ok let me explain profit to you.

If I develop for 100 million and I make 420 million in sales a 320 million dollar profit thats good.

If I develop for 100 million and I make 840 million a 720 million dollar profit thats better.

Thus endith the mathematics lesson on profit

Shareholders give 0 ****s about what console its sold on they care about the bottom line this is better for the bottom line. Thus people keep their jobs.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jayturner514 (02-03-2021), tcripe (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 11:44 PM   #18
tcripe tcripe is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
tcripe's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
Seattle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
No way in hell would I put a product that I made on the competitions system just so they can make money off of it. Even if they was just to make a dollar off of it I still wouldnít do it All or nothing.
Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, Detroit are on PC. Sony has also said they're going to be releasing more "exclusives" on PC. idk how this news about "The Show" coming to Xbox is so shocking to you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:48 PM   #19
R3P0 R3P0 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, Detroit are on PC. Sony has also said they're going to be releasing more "exclusives" on PC. idk how this news about "The Show" coming to Xbox is so shocking to you.
The news about Show was reported over a year and a half ago. Please see the original thread I linked it previously
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:07 AM   #20
Batman90 Batman90 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Batman90's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Gotham City
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
ok let me explain profit to you.

If I develop for 100 million and I make 420 million in sales a 320 million dollar profit thats good.

If I develop for 100 million and I make 840 million a 720 million dollar profit thats better.

Thus endith the mathematics lesson on profit

Shareholders give 0 ****s about what console its sold on they care about the bottom line this is better for the bottom line. Thus people keep their jobs.
But whatever Sony makes off the game the Microsoft gets a % of each game sold. If a company will make more money by having it on multiple consoles then why is Microsoft not putting their games on other consoles besides PC?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:25 AM.