Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$38.99
1 day ago
The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.82

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 03-09-2021, 02:53 PM   #1
Power Member

Dec 2015
Canada
Question 3D Bitrates

I contribute bitrates, audio specs, whether discs are single or dual layer, etc, any needed specs, whenever I see them missing (or at times, incorrect) in the database.

I'm always interested in that stuff and finding the "best" versions of movies (and lamenting bad encodes, etc), so I'm always happy to see it in the database and disappointed when I don't see it to inform my buying decisions, so I try to contribute as much as I can for others as well.

However, I'm not sure how to accurately get the bitrates for 3D discs.

I see one user Kuros has contributed them in the past, unfortunately, this user has chosen not to receive messages, so I can't send them a message to ask.

Kuros breaks it down as I should expect, measuring both the first eye AVC and the second eye MVC in order to get the total bitrate. An example:

25.641 Mbps (AVC) + 10.023 Mbps (MVC)

I've tried all the scanning tools I know of, so maybe it's just an extra process involved or something else that I'm not realizing. If anyone would reply here, or PM me on this subject, it would be appreciated! I want to get more of this data into the database.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:14 PM   #2
Expert Member

Nov 2014
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon K View Post
I contribute bitrates, audio specs, whether discs are single or dual layer, etc, any needed specs, whenever I see them missing (or at times, incorrect) in the database.

I'm always interested in that stuff and finding the "best" versions of movies (and lamenting bad encodes, etc), so I'm always happy to see it in the database and disappointed when I don't see it to inform my buying decisions, so I try to contribute as much as I can for others as well.

However, I'm not sure how to accurately get the bitrates for 3D discs.

I see one user Kuros has contributed them in the past, unfortunately, this user has chosen not to receive messages, so I can't send them a message to ask.

Kuros breaks it down as I should expect, measuring both the first eye AVC and the second eye MVC in order to get the total bitrate. An example:

25.641 Mbps (AVC) + 10.023 Mbps (MVC)

I've tried all the scanning tools I know of, so maybe it's just an extra process involved or something else that I'm not realizing. If anyone would reply here, or PM me on this subject, it would be appreciated! I want to get more of this data into the database.
For me personally, I always prefer a full bdinfo that has the bitrate for both streams and for the language tracks included on the disc. I can tell you that I have made many buying decisions based on such info upon comparing specs of several discs.
Here’s how I like it:

DISC INFO:

Disc Title: THE_CROODS_A_NEW_AGE
Disc Size: 38,020,052,992 bytes
Protection: AACS
Extras: BD-Java, Blu-ray 3D
BDInfo: 0.7.5.9 (compatible layout created by DVDFab 12.0.1.8)

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name: 01113.MPLS
Length: 1:35:14.542 (h:m:s.ms)
Size: 37,094,105,088 bytes
Total Bitrate: 51.93 Mbps

VIDEO:

Codec Bitrate Description
----- ------- -----------
MPEG-4 AVC Video 30000 kbps 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
MPEG-4 MVC Video 14000 kbps 1080p / 23.976 fps / Multiview Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
Dolby TrueHD/Atmos Audio English 3543 kbps 7.1+11 objects / 48 kHz / 3095 kbps / 16-bit (AC3 Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps)
Dolby Digital Audio Arabic 640 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio English 192 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / Dolby Surround

SUBTITLES:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
Presentation Graphics English 55.906 kbps
Presentation Graphics Arabic 21.199 kbps
Presentation Graphics Arabic 0.133 kbps
Old 03-09-2021, 04:14 PM   #3
Power Member

Dec 2015
Canada

Ah okay, maybe it’s a DVDFab thing. When you do a full scan does it give you the more exact bitrates? I don’t use DVDFab and the last standalone BDInfo before they took it over (unfortunately, instead of leaving it as a standalone tool) didn’t seem to give the video tracks separately, but I’ll check again. Thanks for the reply!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Tags
3d bitrate, bitrate, blu-ray 3d