Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Train to Busan (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.96

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$27.99

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Rawhead Rex (Blu-ray)
$24.35

Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$18.57
6 hrs ago
Super 8 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$17.49
6 hrs ago
The Wind Rises (Blu-ray)
$21.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 04-06-2021, 11:53 PM   #121

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclorama View Post
It will be cardboard.
They love to charge premium prices for sub-par materials, I feel insulted. Perhaps all the amount of damaged returns they had from the batman, rambo, and LOTR metal cases were a factor in this decision, instead of just spending the money to ship and pack them correctly in the first place. It is a premium product and yet they refuse to treat it as such when it comes to shipping and packing expenses. They sure don't mind overcharging and giving you less for your money, though.
Thanks given by:
Nice Guy Eddie (04-29-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 03:00 AM   #122
Expert Member

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuio View Post
They love to charge premium prices for sub-par materials, I feel insulted. Perhaps all the amount of damaged returns they had from the batman, rambo, and LOTR metal cases were a factor in this decision, instead of just spending the money to ship and pack them correctly in the first place. It is a premium product and yet they refuse to treat it as such when it comes to shipping and packing expenses. They sure don't mind overcharging and giving you less for your money, though.
So tired of the "It is a premium product" comments. There isn't anything premium about it. You have been brainwashed into thinking that it is.

If you think they are overcharging then you should save your pennies for other things.

Like food.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #123
Special Member

Apr 2011
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo007 View Post
This kind of thing bothers me;

Paramount is re-issuing Raiders on Blu-ray with better art work (even though I don't remember that mustache being in the movie!)and the correct title, why couldn't they use the same title for the SteelBook!!

It's like an alternate reality where Tom Selleck got cast as Indy afterall. :O
Old 04-07-2021, 01:29 PM   #124
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo007 View Post
This kind of thing bothers me;

Paramount is re-issuing Raiders on Blu-ray with better art work (even though I don't remember that mustache being in the movie!)and the correct title, why couldn't they use the same title for the SteelBook!!

[Show spoiler]

I think that's probably just 5 o'clock shadows on his 5 o'clock shadow
Thanks given by:
Cruel Angel (04-07-2021), willo007 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 04:08 PM   #125

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclorama View Post
So tired of the "It is a premium product" comments. There isn't anything premium about it. You have been brainwashed into thinking that it is.

If you think they are overcharging then you should save your pennies for other things.

Like food.
You can define premium any way you want kid but that doesn't make my definition of premium invalid because you are bothered. If a regular 4K pack which is now $80 on amazon competes for my dollars against the $100 steelbook version, that is the most basic example of premium I could possibly give.
Thanks given by:
ahossein79 (04-11-2021), DarkEco910 (04-29-2021), MileHigh AI (04-13-2021), Nice Guy Eddie (04-29-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 12:59 PM   #126

Aug 2018
QC, Canada
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstxanothrxstory View Post
Please be available in Canada... please be available in Canada.... please be available in Canada...
It is!!! https://www.amazon.ca/Indiana-Jones-...A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB
Thanks given by:
DarthEd (04-30-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 01:13 PM   #127

Dec 2020
Exegol

I LOVE the Indiana Jones films, especially the original three and don't mind the artwork like some others so I am honestly pretty excited for this release!

Hopefully, these are some great 4K transfers of these timeless classics!

Raiders and Last Crusade have the potential to look really great.

I wonder if this collection will be a pain to get like the Lord of the Rings or if it will sit around. I am leaning towards the former since it is Indy at the end of the day.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:35 PM   #128
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2014

I love the trilogy as well but I hate what these steelbooks look like, white is the last color once associates with these movies. Given that it costs an eye, I am glad to not regret passing and keeping my beige box set.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:53 PM   #129

Dec 2020
Exegol

I would have also preferred the older, traditional artwork for these movies, but I mostly want this set for the 4k transfers of the movies to be honest.

The steelbooks are just the icing on the cake for me so I don't mind. And I have a feeling these will look better in person. haha

I also don't see these getting a new steelbook release in the US anytime soon especially with Best Buy reducing their physical media sections in stores.

On top of that, once Indy 5 comes out, I don't see them releasing a 5-film set since Indy 5 will be a Disney release. Unless, Disney buys Paramount, I don't see all 5 being released together.

That's pretty much why I am interested in this release.

Last edited by Kylo_Ren; 05-05-2021 at 02:08 PM.
Thanks given by:
Eschenpod (05-05-2021), UnionJackMix (05-05-2021)
Old Yesterday, 03:36 AM   #130
Power Member

Feb 2019
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314carpenter View Post
You do know there is in fact a 4K steelbook set available at Best Buy on release day in the U.S. right?
Check the part of his post above where you bolded.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks