Best SteelBook Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$10.99
2 hrs ago
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$23.30
 
Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$15.72
 
Train to Busan (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Rawhead Rex (Blu-ray)
$24.35
 
Coming to America 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.11
 
Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Super 8 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2021, 10:46 AM   #21
cyclorama cyclorama is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy969 View Post
How is fnac packaging such sets? Never ordererd from them before. (Having said that, I ordered from dvd.fnac.it once ages ago.)
No different than any other retailer. It will be shipped in something cardboard not adequately protected.

It isn't going to be bubble-wrapped or encased in foam.

Same if it comes from Best Buy or Zavvi or Amazon or anywhere else in the world.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
andreasy969 (04-03-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 11:11 AM   #22
andreasy969 andreasy969 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2008
Germany
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclorama View Post
No different than any other retailer.
[Show spoiler] It will be shipped in something cardboard not adequately protected.

It isn't going to be bubble-wrapped or encased in foam.

Same if it comes from Best Buy or Zavvi or Amazon or anywhere else in the world.
Thx. There are rare exceptions though and also different levels of awful packaging (with amazon being the worst in my book).
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:39 AM   #23
cyclorama cyclorama is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy969 View Post
Thx. There are rare exceptions though and also different levels of awful packaging (with amazon being the worst in my book).
Unless you're buying something from a retailer that only deals in movies (Blufans, HDZeta, Mantalab and so on) then your SteelBooks will always be shipped in generic packaging without proper protection.

Retailers like Best Buy, Zavvi, Amazon and FNAC sell hundreds, thousands or even millions of products besides movies so they use generic packaging.

Sure sometimes Best Buy uses boxes with "Sealed Air" bags or air pillows as some people call them but that still isn't adequate protection.

Blufans places their editions inside a secure thick foam block and then ships it in a proper-fitting box.

Other premium movie-only retailers will use multiple layers of bubble-wrap and ship in appropriate sized boxes.

For other retailers like Best Buy, Zavvi, Amazon and FNAC, SteelBooks are not a premium product to them. They are just another basic product that they sell and are not worth protecting any more than a regular Blu-ray, mouse, computer keyboard, ink cartridge and so on.

Anyway, this isn't directed at you andreasy969, I'm just rambling out loud.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
esmeron (04-03-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 12:35 PM   #24
andreasy969 andreasy969 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2008
Germany
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclorama View Post
[Show spoiler]Unless you're buying something from a retailer that only deals in movies (Blufans, HDZeta, Mantalab and so on) then your SteelBooks will always be shipped in generic packaging without proper protection.

Retailers like Best Buy, Zavvi, Amazon and FNAC sell hundreds, thousands or even millions of products besides movies so they use generic packaging.

Sure sometimes Best Buy uses boxes with "Sealed Air" bags or air pillows as some people call them but that still isn't adequate protection.

Blufans places their editions inside a secure thick foam block and then ships it in a proper-fitting box.

Other premium movie-only retailers will use multiple layers of bubble-wrap and ship in appropriate sized boxes.

For other retailers like Best Buy, Zavvi, Amazon and FNAC, SteelBooks are not a premium product to them. They are just another basic product that they sell and are not worth protecting any more than a regular Blu-ray, mouse, computer keyboard, ink cartridge and so on.


Anyway, this isn't directed at you andreasy969, I'm just rambling out loud.
I'm glad you added this. Because I really just wanted to know how they are packaging. Which you answered. (and now I know that it won't really matter, if I order this with fnac or amazon for ex...)
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
cyclorama (04-03-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #25
esmeron esmeron is online now
Active Member
 
Sep 2020
Default

Yeah well price on FNAC or Zavvi is difference. Like 40€, not to mention on Zavvi u can't track order which is another -. The only thing which is - on FNAC i can think of is shipping costs - like 25€. But i'm sure u get item significantly faster than on Zavvi.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:27 AM   #26
Nuttymad Nuttymad is offline
Active Member
 
Nuttymad's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Kent, England
218
19
Default

Truly awful artwork. Going to do what I did with Back to the Future 4k discs. Artwork for those were awful too.
Pulled apart the original single disc steelbooks (with the classic poster art) and made them into 2 disc steels for first two films, and a 3 disc steel for the last for the extras.
Will do the same with the original Indy single disc steels.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:52 AM   #27
Usure Usure is online now
Senior Member
 
Usure's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
336
Default

In wait mode for now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:12 PM   #28
openviews openviews is offline
Senior Member
 
openviews's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Default

I received an e-mail from Zavvi today to say this was ‘selling fast’ which is arguably not the same as ‘selling out’.

It’ll be interesting to see if they have any stock left on release day with them obviously being so popular.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:24 PM   #29
venom0706 venom0706 is offline
Member
 
Nov 2020
UK
Default

These are truly one of my most favourite films ever.

But 130 is a ridiculously high price and not worth dropping, imo.

I will wait for a price drop or getting them in regular 4K.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:29 PM   #30
Socko Socko is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Socko's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Netherlands
4
131
861
45
10
Default

Does the steelbook edition also have the booklet?

Quote:
The INDIANA JONES 4-MOVIE COLLECTION includes a collectible booklet with behind-the-scenes images from all four films.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:41 PM   #31
314carpenter 314carpenter is offline
Senior Member
 
314carpenter's Avatar
 
Jan 2020
Madison
229
1833
168
182
80
160
19
Default

Someone please help me out here. I need a link or something.

What is the current known status on the Euro version releases of Indy? Specifically I need to know which blu-ray discs are going to be included along with the 4K sets?

I do not use digital when I own the titles in physical form, so importing a Indy set to the U.S. would be a far more likely scenario for me. I want to pre-order, but also want to know what I am buying before I do, as returns are not prudent with international shipping. Has anyone here seen either certain rumors or even real information coming out on the 4K sets with included blu-ray discs. Once I can get confirmation whether those specific blu-ray discs are going to be newly encoded, or if they are the existing discs, I will make my decision on what goes into my collection.

Here is all of the official information that is out there pertaining to the German 4K sets. I am looking for more inside information about the encoding of those blu-ray discs.

https://www.areadvd.de/news/alle-det...ra-hd-blu-ray/

Last edited by 314carpenter; 04-15-2021 at 11:03 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:52 AM   #32
Trent AKA DoubleDown Trent AKA DoubleDown is offline
Expert Member
 
Trent AKA DoubleDown's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
United States
-
-
-
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314carpenter View Post
Someone please help me out here. I need a link or something.

What is the current known status on the Euro version releases of Indy? Specifically I need to know which blu-ray discs are going to be included along with the 4K sets?

I do not use digital when I own the titles in physical form, so importing a Indy set to the U.S. would be a far more likely scenario for me. I want to pre-order, but also want to know what I am buying before I do, as returns are not prudent with international shipping. Has anyone here seen either certain rumors or even real information coming out on the 4K sets with included blu-ray discs. Once I can get confirmation whether those specific blu-ray discs are going to be newly encoded, or if they are the existing discs, I will make my decision on what goes into my collection.

Here is all of the official information that is out there pertaining to the German 4K sets. I am looking for more inside information about the encoding of those blu-ray discs.

https://www.areadvd.de/news/alle-det...ra-hd-blu-ray/
The Zavvi Version comes with Blu-ray's, not sure if those are a new transfer I have 4K so I wasn't paying attention I'm sure someone knows. I don't understand why anyone would purchase the Zavvi set vs Best Buy US? If you already have 4K then there really is no reason to not get the Best Buy set. I'm going to put the 4K discs in the 1st printing Zavvi steels which are very nice and look considerably better than these new steels. Maybe find the 1st printing set on eBay or the aftermarket and watch those until you get 4K. I find it difficult to understand why everyone hasn't upgraded to 4K, it's hard to find a new TV that isn't 4K and there not expensive anymore. I'd lay off buying as many steels for a few months and sell some your not attached to and get a 4K TV.

Last edited by Trent AKA DoubleDown; 04-16-2021 at 03:13 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:10 AM   #33
314carpenter 314carpenter is offline
Senior Member
 
314carpenter's Avatar
 
Jan 2020
Madison
229
1833
168
182
80
160
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent AKA DoubleDown View Post
I don't understand why anyone would purchase the Zavvi set vs Best Buy US? Just wait and get the bare Blu-ray discs they don't cost what the difference in price is. If you already have 4K then there really is no reason to not get the Best Buy set. I'm going to put the 4K discs in the 1st printing Zavvi steels which are very nice and look considerably better than these new steels.
Not really limited to the Zavvi sets as there are other Euro set releases, but anyway,
Reasons may include, but are not limited to...
Someone who wants single packaging for both formats.
Someonw who does not currently own previous packaging that will sufficiently hold all 9 discs.
Someone who wants to own the most recent encodes in both formats who also has no need for digital codes.

Maybe as more information comes to be known, I will look for a trading partner across the pond.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:22 AM   #34
Trent AKA DoubleDown Trent AKA DoubleDown is offline
Expert Member
 
Trent AKA DoubleDown's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
United States
-
-
-
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314carpenter View Post
Not really limited to the Zavvi sets as there are other Euro set releases, but anyway,
Reasons may include, but are not limited to...
Someone who wants single packaging for both formats.
Someonw who does not currently own previous packaging that will sufficiently hold all 9 discs.
Someone who wants to own the most recent encodes in both formats who also has no need for digital codes.

Maybe as more information comes to be known, I will look for a trading partner across the pond.
You can put in double disc holders into regular steelbooks that just have one. If your stuck with a 1080p TV for some reason I guess go for it but I'd try to find the loose Blu-rays. I have a feeling there will be resellers and collectors that take the Blu-rays out of that Boxset and sell them because a collector would have no use for the Blu-ray's if they have 4K. This seems to expensive to sell out and yeah I'm aware this isn't an exclusive to Zavvi. GL
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:42 PM.