Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Keeping Up Appearances: The Complete Series (DVD)
$39.99

The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (DVD)
$33.74
13 hrs ago
Land (DVD)
$17.96

Godzilla vs. Kong (DVD)
$27.99
5 hrs ago
The Mauritanian (DVD)
$17.96

The Father (DVD)
$14.99
16 hrs ago
Vera: Set 10 (DVD)
$20.99

The Cosby Show: The Complete Series (DVD)
$24.55
1 hr ago
Transformers: The Complete Original Series (DVD)
$39.99

Fuller House: The Fifth and Final Season (DVD)
$17.99
15 hrs ago
The Marksman (DVD)
$17.96

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (DVD)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 04-09-2021, 01:00 AM   #1

Aug 2016
Default Dukes of hazzard

I am interested in buying the complete series set and noticed there were a few different releases. I looked on Amazon at the 2017 set and people were saying some of the discs were mislabeled or not working. Which release is the best to buy ?

Last edited by Jim Pez; 04-09-2021 at 03:59 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:49 AM   #2

Jan 2018

Get the 2017 I have it and it is great. I got mine from Best Buy. I don’t buy movies from amazon because I don’t like the way they package movies for shipping. I think the 2020 release is just a repackage with out the flag on the box.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:21 AM   #3
Expert Member

Nov 2009
San Antonio TX

Are the discs in the complete series sets single sided for every season?

I have the individual 1-4 seasons and 2 of the seasons have double sided discs (with corresponding playback issues).
Old 04-09-2021, 10:36 AM   #4

Jan 2018

Yes they are all single side disc’s.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:20 PM   #5
Expert Member

Nov 2009
San Antonio TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christomtom View Post
Yes they are all single side disc’s.
Thanks for the info! Was thinking about pulling the trigger on the series set if that was the case.

And as it turns out, the 2017 set was the one I had saved to my Amazon wish list.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:34 PM   #6
Power Member

Apr 2011
The Gulf

I just bought the big box from Walmart for 69.96 and so far so good. All single sided discs and I didnít have any floaters. I shook both sets and neither had rattling sounds like many of the mega cases. Iíd go that option vs risking shipping.
I wasnít really a fan growing up but for some reason Iím getting into older TV shows lately. DoH and Hogans Heroes box sets have been better than the Tales from the Darkside and Friday the 13th mega cases. Both of those were nightmares where I had to Frankenstein a box out of several to make a working set.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:04 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Dukes of Hazzard was remastered in high definition, but seems we'll never get a physical release of that. Myself, I've been planning on buying the DVD version although I want the older one with the Confederate Flag for authenticity.

It's part of General Lee's identity. If he didn't have the flag, it'd just be an orange 1969 Dodge Charger.

Thanks given by:
2112rushfan (04-09-2021), Cruel Angel (04-10-2021), whiteberry (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 08:31 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel Angel View Post
Are the discs in the complete series sets single sided for every season?

I have the individual 1-4 seasons and 2 of the seasons have double sided discs (with corresponding playback issues).
The set I got was the one with the double-sided discs, fortunately I never had playback issues.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:24 PM   #9

Jan 2017
New England USA

Several years ago when they started removing the Stars n Bars I figured I better pick up the box set with the flag before it disappeared.
I managed to track one down on bonanza.com
It cost a bit more than the newer released box set but that was ok by me. i was just glad to find one.
I'm not sure how hard it would be now
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (04-11-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 05:00 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112rushfan View Post
Several years ago when they started removing the Stars n Bars I figured I better pick up the box set with the flag before it disappeared.
I managed to track one down on bonanza.com
It cost a bit more than the newer released box set but that was ok by me. i was just glad to find one.
I'm not sure how hard it would be now
Probably not too hard although the price may be considerably higher, just because of the packaging itself.

I'm still annoyed the HD Remaster never got a BD release back then and now? Not a chance. Twitter and the likes would go on a riot saying how "offensive" and "racist" the show is. Sigh.

By the way, I follow John Schneider on YouTube as he makes pretty cool vids.
Thanks given by:
2112rushfan (04-11-2021), PileOfFudge (04-29-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 06:22 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

Does the bigger box set have better packaging for the individual seasons?

Are the discs single sided vs. double-sided?

I have the first three single season sets and I like the larger digipack packaging with the pictures, etc. The new set seems to have none of that and is $100.00 as well. I may be better off searching for the remaining individual seasons.

Last edited by GreatGreg; 04-11-2021 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2021, 06:32 PM   #12
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Probably not too hard although the price may be considerably higher, just because of the packaging itself.

I'm still annoyed the HD Remaster never got a BD release back then and now? Not a chance. Twitter and the likes would go on a riot saying how "offensive" and "racist" the show is. Sigh.

By the way, I follow John Schneider on YouTube as he makes pretty cool vids.
The show itself isn't all that racist or offensive. At least no more than any other network TV show of the time. In hindsight it's just weird that it decided to so closely tie itself to the iconography of an enemy combatant of the United States. The problematic bits are largely superficial, but the superficial stuff is what people end up seeing from that outside, so...
Old 04-11-2021, 08:08 PM   #13

Jan 2017
New England USA

If anyone really wants to be certain they are getting the box set with the Stars n Bars make sure to contact the seller prior to purchasing.

Many sellers use stock photos, it's just alot easier than uploading pix of the actual item.

I sell sometimes on ebay and I never use stock photos even if it's just a $2.00 game.
Personally I like to see the actual item.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:30 PM   #14
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112rushfan View Post
If anyone really wants to be certain they are getting the box set with the Stars n Bars make sure to contact the seller prior to purchasing.

Many sellers use stock photos, it's just alot easier than uploading pix of the actual item.

I sell sometimes on ebay and I never use stock photos even if it's just a $2.00 game.
Personally I like to see the actual item.
I sell on ebay and if the blu-ray cover looks exactly the same as the stock photo, then I use the stock photo. If the stock photo are different then I'll upload the actual cover.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies