Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99
1 day ago
A Perfect Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.75

One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Gleipnir: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

Vampire Pink (Blu-ray)
$25.47
2 hrs ago
His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 02-09-2008, 10:40 PM   #21

Jun 2007
UK

Just finished watching the latest SGA episode "Trio", I hate these filler episodes, but I guess they have to save money for the big episodes.
After watching the trailer for next weeks SGA (thanks ussrelativity) WOW! now that's what I'm talking about, can't wait.

Back to this weeks SGA, that new Doctor woman seems to be putting it about a bit, last week shw was trying to get it on with Ronon and this week with McKay, think I better see if I can help her out.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:56 PM   #22
Power Member

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman2 View Post
Just finished watching the latest SGA episode "Trio", I hate these filler episodes, but I guess they have to save money for the big episodes.
After watching the trailer for next weeks SGA (thanks ussrelativity) WOW! now that's what I'm talking about, can't wait.

Back to this weeks SGA, that new Doctor woman seems to be putting it about a bit, last week shw was trying to get it on with Ronon and this week with McKay, think I better see if I can help her out.
Well that's the writers fault. I like Jewel Staite, she was great in Firefly and so far she's been ok in Atlantis.

I haven't watch this week ep yet, maybe tonight.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #23

Jun 2007
UK

Does anyone else think that the Azguard are still alive...?

I think they faked there demise to hide from the Ori, after all they are spread out all over the galaxy so they could still return to the show.

Anyone know where to get one of those Dell XPS laptops they use on the show, I mean they are so good that it does not matter which planet they are on they always seem to connect to alien tech with no problems.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #24

Dec 2007
Oregon
Send a message via Yahoo to Heart&Soul

As much as I love Stargate and Atlantis, I'd like to see Battlestar Galactica on Blu-Ray first, especially since the upcoming season will be the last.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:23 AM   #25
Power Member

Aug 2007
Livermore, CA

So. I have 5.5 seasons left in my X-Files set, all of Jericho, and day 6 of 24. So if they want to wait a bit to release SG-1, I'm game!
But I do want to get into it. Helluva. So I know it was shot widescreen, but for TV shows like X-Files...they weren't. Does that mean there won't be a Blu version of X-Files? Are any of the shows out on Blu in the 4:3 ratio?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:33 AM   #26

Oct 2007
Kenosha, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart&Soul View Post
As much as I love Stargate and Atlantis, I'd like to see Battlestar Galactica on Blu-Ray first, especially since the upcoming season will be the last.
want them all especially galactica
Old 02-10-2008, 12:38 AM   #27

Oct 2007
Kenosha, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterXeus View Post
Honestly I thought RDA's perform started going down hill in Season 7 and was pretty bad in Season 8. (Too much joking around)

I love both SG-1 and Atlantis and would buy them if they came to Blu-ray. SG-1 maybe far off, but Iím hoping they release Atlantis on Blu-ray soon. Iíve been holding off on buy it on DVD since I heard Atlantis Season 1 was coming to Blu-ray, but that was almost two years ago.

I guess Iíll be buying the two upcoming movies on DVD to show my support. I would prefer Blu though.
yeah his acting was sliding YOU GOTTA LOVE O'NEIL

are the new sg1 movies coming to BLU-RAY
Old 02-10-2008, 02:37 AM   #28
Expert Member

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman2 View Post

Regarding Dr. Keller, Jewel Staite will be promoted from recurring to regular for next season's cast. http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0..._member_.shtml

Not only this, it seems that Torri Higginson won't be back next year at all.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...son_five.shtml
Old 02-10-2008, 02:55 AM   #29

Oct 2007
Kenosha, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussrelativity View Post
Regarding Dr. Keller, Jewel Staite will be promoted from recurring to regular for next season's cast. http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0..._member_.shtml

Not only this, it seems that Torri Higginson won't be back next year at all.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...son_five.shtml

booooooooooo

Dr. Keller, Jewel Staite man what a boring personality, total lack of charisma
shes kinda cute in a plain jane kinda way
Old 02-10-2008, 03:19 AM   #30
Expert Member

Sep 2007
Southern NM

I liked her character on Firefly a lot more. At least the doctor has a lot of room for character growth and development. Assuming the writers actually do something with her.

I was really hoping to see Weir again, but can't blame her for not being happy with the producers. But I want to know what is up since the writers said that we would be seeing Beckett again this season and that they said that it would not be a dream, flashback, replicator, clone, or other fakeout type of deal. Not looking for spoilers if anyone here has seen the UK run, assuming that the UK is still getting the episodes before the US. Just wondering if they changed plans or if they ran into another deal like with Weir.

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio View Post
booooooooooo

Dr. Keller, Jewel Staite man what a boring personality, total lack of charisma
shes kinda cute in a plain jane kinda way
Old 02-10-2008, 05:21 AM   #31
Expert Member

Jun 2007

Regarding Dr. Beckett, it will be the real deal.

No clone, time-travel, alternate universe, or twin. The real deal.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 AM   #32

Oct 2007
Kenosha, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindcat87 View Post
But I want to know what is up since the writers said that we would be seeing Beckett again this season and that they said that it would not be a dream, flashback, replicator, clone, or other fakeout type of deal.
i hope so i liked his character

your right maybe shes needs some more time to get into her role, its one of the reasons i hate when cast changes after they finally start to figure out how to work well with each other

any word on whats going on with Ford
Old 02-10-2008, 06:21 AM   #33

Oct 2007
Kenosha, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussrelativity View Post
Regarding Dr. Beckett, it will be the real deal.

No clone, time-travel, alternate universe, or twin. The real deal.

nice stargate page like to watch it progress
Old 02-10-2008, 06:45 AM   #34
Expert Member

Sep 2007
Southern NM

I haven't even heard any rumors on him. I keep hoping for him to pop back up. Every time they get into a Wraith intensive plotline I get hopeful.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio View Post
i hope so i liked his character

your right maybe shes needs some more time to get into her role, its one of the reasons i hate when cast changes after they finally start to figure out how to work well with each other

any word on whats going on with Ford
Old 02-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
the guy on the couch

sg-1 is by far my favorite scifi show, love the lack of lameness that plagues most scifi shows *ahem* startrek ...... and i also love the humor involved in the show. this is the only show i have watched thats managed to just swap out main cast members and not lose a stride, in all fairness i was a farscape fan, but i though they did a good job taking over on a show that really should have been done long before the ori ever became a story board. i also loved episodes like 200 where they made fun of this by having cam trying to keep them from mentioning o'neil and vala offering a farscape ripoff as a storyline for the movie, especially since they had daniel jackson playing browders role.

atlantis is great since there are not enough decent scifi shows coming out recently and it becoming even harder to stay on the air with the reality tv plague still happening. not the best, but a good show from what i've seen.

also rda's blank expression acting in the final seasons i actually loved when you factor in the fact he was seeing life through the eyes of a barber cutting hair, bowling etc..... without mentioning a thing about it.

blu release, atlantis season 1 first?, my answer, INDEED!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:53 AM   #36
Expert Member

Jun 2007

Regarding the Midway station, I'm wondering how the Wraith even know about it.

Here's a picture of it, if anyone's wondering. Picture is from stargatecaps.com

Episode 4x01 "Adrift"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adrift_0206.jpg (87.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-11-2008, 04:11 AM   #37

Oct 2007

I really applaud the franchise boldly doing the direct to DVD releases of 'Ark of Truth' and 'Continuum'; 'Ark' of course due on March 11 - see http://stargate.mgm.com/sg1/

I'm buying the DVDs, to see them as soon as possible, but also because I expect their success will lead to their Blu-ray release. Can't wait.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #38
Expert Member

Jun 2007

It appears that Itunes has released "Midway" by accident early.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...r_midway.shtml

Now, how do the Wraith find and even get into Midway?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #39

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
I really applaud the franchise boldly doing the direct to DVD releases of 'Ark of Truth' and 'Continuum'; 'Ark' of course due on March 11 - see http://stargate.mgm.com/sg1/

I'm buying the DVDs, to see them as soon as possible, but also because I expect their success will lead to their Blu-ray release. Can't wait.
I already posted about this in a different thread but I encourage you guys to check out the myspace because it's got some cool downloads on it http://www.myspace.com/stargatearkoftruth
Old 02-14-2008, 09:45 PM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

Maybe it's just me, and I know that Daniel Jackson was a real love him or hate him character on SG-1, but I keep watching the scenes with Carter as the boss and keep thinking he would have been so much better in that role.

Carter was never a real forceful, leader-type personality in SG-1 but suddenly she runs Atlantis and it feels a little off. Plus she kinda doubles up with both Rodney and Shepard. At least Daniel could have been played more like Elizabeth was. (Course that's just my opinion...)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows