Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$74.37
18 hrs ago
30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$47.02
8 hrs ago
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99

One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Star Trek: Lower Decks - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
6 hrs ago
A Perfect Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.75

Vampire Pink (Blu-ray)
$25.47
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 12-15-2008, 01:58 AM   #21
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

The next new episode is supposed to feature Green Arrow. "The Batman" show was pretty good, especially in the last couple of seasons.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:16 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
-
Send a message via AIM to Afrobean

The only thing I didn't like about The Batman was some of the stylistic choices they made. The look of the Batman-tech, if you will, and some of the character designs. I liked Batman, and the Batgirl and Robin designs were good as well, but some of the villains were just way off. Looking at Joker and Riddler mostly here, although I would like to add that I totally liked them as characters aside from their aesthetic look. Would have rather had them keep Clayface as he was too rather than trying to make Clayface into a Twoface-type character. And don't even get me started on Mr. Freeze.

One thing I was glad about was Catwoman's model. In this regard, they really nailed what I want to see in Catwoman's design. I never really liked the one on Batman: TAS, and the final season's design change was even more bad.

There is one good thing about this Brave and the Bold cartoon I neglected to mention before. Plastic Man. Apparently he exists in DCAU (he's mentioned in an episode of Justice League Unlimited), but he's never shown. Not during Batman, Superman, or Justice League. I really would have liked to have seen him, particularly when other characters I don't really care for got multiple episodes of exposure.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:50 AM   #23

Apr 2008
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
The only thing I didn't like about The Batman was some of the stylistic choices they made. The look of the Batman-tech, if you will, and some of the character designs. I liked Batman, and the Batgirl and Robin designs were good as well, but some of the villains were just way off. Looking at Joker and Riddler mostly here, although I would like to add that I totally liked them as characters aside from their aesthetic look. Would have rather had them keep Clayface as he was too rather than trying to make Clayface into a Twoface-type character. And don't even get me started on Mr. Freeze.

One thing I was glad about was Catwoman's model. In this regard, they really nailed what I want to see in Catwoman's design. I never really liked the one on Batman: TAS, and the final season's design change was even more bad.

There is one good thing about this Brave and the Bold cartoon I neglected to mention before. Plastic Man. Apparently he exists in DCAU (he's mentioned in an episode of Justice League Unlimited), but he's never shown. Not during Batman, Superman, or Justice League. I really would have liked to have seen him, particularly when other characters I don't really care for got multiple episodes of exposure.
The character of Plastic Man was tied up in legal limbo for years due to rights and holdings related to his own 80's animated series. IT was a great stroke that the copyrights reverted when they did so they could use him in B:B&B.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:32 AM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Not to be OT... but Smallville made me want a Green Arrow show.

We didn't need more Batman >.<.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by assydingo View Post
Not to be OT... but Smallville made me want a Green Arrow show.

We didn't need more Batman >.<.
Green Arrow is a Batman knock off in almost every way. The only reason Smallville tapped him was because Mr. Wayne was unavailable due to contractual stipulations for the recent Batman films. In fact, if I recall, Smallville originally stemmed out of a pitch for a live action TV show about Bruce Wayne before he became Batman.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #26
Power Member

Oct 2008
Scranton, PA, USA

I think this is a fun kids cartoon. And there's nothing wrong with that. People who get upset when an animated property is aimed at children really need to take a step back. There's a lot of garbage out there that's marketed to kids these days. It's refreshing to have a decent show for the kids like "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" on the air. Hell, I don't even have kids and I still get a kick out of watching it.

I will admit that Batman's voice is a bit of a hurdle for me though. I like Diedrich Bader, but every time I hear the voice I picture Oswald from the Drew Carey Show. I keep waiting for Ryan Stiles and the Whose Line gang to show up. Hmm. That might make a fun episode now that I think about it.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ator the Invincible View Post
I think this is a fun kids cartoon. And there's nothing wrong with that. People who get upset when an animated property is aimed at children really need to take a step back. There's a lot of garbage out there that's marketed to kids these days. It's refreshing to have a decent show for the kids like "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" on the air. Hell, I don't even have kids and I still get a kick out of watching it.

I will admit that Batman's voice is a bit of a hurdle for me though. I like Diedrich Bader, but every time I hear the voice I picture Oswald from the Drew Carey Show. I keep waiting for Ryan Stiles and the Whose Line gang to show up. Hmm. That might make a fun episode now that I think about it.
lol I didn't realize that was his voice. It's ruined for me now, I'm gonna be waiting for batman to want a buzz beer before long.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:20 AM   #28
Power Member

May 2008
Maryland, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ator the Invincible View Post

I managed to catch the first episode, and the voice was disappointing to me as well. I will always want Kevin Conroy as the voice of any animated Batman, but I'm sure I will watch it again.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #29
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Anyone catch this week's episode on Friday? The Blue Beetle that most people are familiar with, Ted Kord, made an appearance. I liked the episode a lot, though I am really looking forward to next week when the Atom makes an appearance.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #30
Banned

Sep 2008
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
It's on Cartoon Network at 8:00. Same night as Clone Wars.

Great show. So refreshing to see a good version of Batman.
Batman is supposed to be a dark and mysterious figure. A lot like the Kevin Conroy Batman, but this is just a cheezy kids show.

The Real Batman
Old 01-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
Detroit,MI

I like the show, although nothing will ever beat the animated series.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #32
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Man View Post
Batman is supposed to be a dark and mysterious figure. A lot like the Kevin Conroy Batman, but this is just a cheezy kids show.

The Real Batman
apparently you never read the batman comics in the late 70's and early. or watch the batman cartoons back then either. they were most cheezy and for kids. heck, batman once teamed up with scooby doo. batman is not supposed to be dark and msyterious. that's only one incarnation, but it's not the only incarnation. what batman is is up to the writers.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #33
Special Member

Apr 2008
Moore, Oklahoma

I watched the episode with Aquaman and hated it. I can't believe they make this crap and cancel The Batman on Kids WB. Still the 90's Batman animated series was the best.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #34
Power Member

Oct 2008
Scranton, PA, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Anyone catch this week's episode on Friday? The Blue Beetle that most people are familiar with, Ted Kord, made an appearance. I liked the episode a lot, though I am really looking forward to next week when the Atom makes an appearance.
Great episode. I was especially happy to see Dan Garrett get some love. Everybody tends to forget about him. Sure, this show is aimed at kids (and there's nothing wrong with that!), but there's lots of little bits they throw in that make it a lot of fun for older viewers who follow (or at least used to) the comic books.

On a side note, I was thrilled that they used Guy Gardner as the Green Lantern a few weeks back. He's the only version who hadn't gotten any cartoon love in the various DC animated projects up till that point.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #35
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Send a message via AIM to Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Man View Post

The Real Batman
Psst. There is no "Real Batman". He's a fictional character.

And he can be whatever the writers want him to be.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:06 AM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolcyc View Post
I watched the episode with Aquaman and hated it. I can't believe they make this crap and cancel The Batman on Kids WB. Still the 90's Batman animated series was the best.
I agree with you there. The Batman had much more cooler action and story.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:04 AM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
apparently you never read the batman comics in the late 70's and early. or watch the batman cartoons back then either. they were most cheezy and for kids. heck, batman once teamed up with scooby doo. batman is not supposed to be dark and msyterious. that's only one incarnation, but it's not the only incarnation. what batman is is up to the writers.
That might be canon in the Scooby Doo universe, but I'm confident that it is not canon for Batman...

Aside from that you're totally right. People are just upset that Batman is being taken so seriously in his live action movies, then turned into a kiddie show joke in TV animation. People want to see Batman as a dark and mysterious figure.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:18 AM   #38

Jul 2008
Syndicate HQ :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Aside from that you're totally right. People are just upset that Batman is being taken so seriously in his live action movies, then turned into a kiddie show joke in TV animation. People want to see Batman as a dark and mysterious figure.
Yeah, and I am still waiting for a Batman live-action TV show

I saw the evil robot santas/Red Tornado episode, I thought it was pretty funny and reminded me of the 60's batman tv show
Old 01-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #39
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEXI_FES View Post
Yeah, and I am still waiting for a Batman live-action TV show
I do not believe we will ever see Warner let anyone develop a live-action television show based around or featuring Batman. The executives believe it would dilute the brand of their most valuable movie franchise at this point. It is why we keep seeing all these animated Batman projects, because they are mostly aimed at kids and teenagers.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #40
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Send a message via AIM to Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
I do not believe we will ever see Warner let anyone develop a live-action television show based around or featuring Batman. The executives believe it would dilute the brand of their most valuable movie franchise at this point. It is why we keep seeing all these animated Batman projects, because they are mostly aimed at kids and teenagers.
I think he means he wants the classic TV show released on DVD.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows