Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Orphan Black: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
1 day ago
The Umbrella Academy: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
10 hrs ago
Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37
1 day ago
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Gleipnir: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99

Kaiji: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.93

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$43.19
13 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$156.89

One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$59.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 01-27-2009, 06:18 AM   #41

Jul 2008
Syndicate HQ :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
I do not believe we will ever see Warner let anyone develop a live-action television show based around or featuring Batman. The executives believe it would dilute the brand of their most valuable movie franchise at this point. It is why we keep seeing all these animated Batman projects, because they are mostly aimed at kids and teenagers.
That sucks, I just remembered seeing those Capital One(I think it was capital One) comercials with Batman and thought that look would be perfect for a new TV series(sorta like Smallville, only better)
Old 01-27-2009, 06:20 AM   #42

Jul 2008
Syndicate HQ :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
I think he means he wants the classic TV show released on DVD.
.......or on Blu-ray, that would be cool too!! lol

Last edited by Ippiki Okami; 01-27-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #43
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Friday's episode was by far the best one of the series so far. How does Batman, Sinestro, Guy Gardner, and G'nort in a team-up versus Despero sound? There were lots of cameos from the Green Lantern Corps and the episode mixed in a fine sense of action and humor. My only regret was that the episode was not a two-parter. The show is really starting to hit its stride.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #44

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEXI_FES View Post
.......or on Blu-ray, that would be cool too!! lol
Agreed!

Everybody's too wrapped up on Batman being dark. I liked the 60's Batman series as well and would like to get it on Blu. It was just a fun series to watch.

As far as the animated shows that they've been producing since the 90's, the art is junk as far as I'm concerned. I prefer the art style of the Filmation era better. At least the characters look like humans. I have no objection with making a cartoon for kids or making it dark but the art should reflect the subject matter.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #45
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdn1221 View Post
As far as the animated shows that they've been producing since the 90's, the art is junk as far as I'm concerned. I prefer the art style of the Filmation era better. At least the characters look like humans. I have no objection with making a cartoon for kids or making it dark but the art should reflect the subject matter.
I share your views. The actual quality of the animation has improved greatly compared to the older cartoons in terms of fluidity and motion, but the basic character designs are all too heavily influenced by anime-based proportions and human faces. Superhero animation on American characters should pay homage to American comics, not Japanese anime. The Joker redesign in the recent The Batman cartoon was way over the top and inappropriate.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:39 AM   #46
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

I just wanted to let viewers know that the show has changed its timeslot to 8:30 P.M. on Fridays from the previous 8:00 P.M. time. So set your DVR's accordingly. The recent two-parter where Batman teamed up with a certain arch-nemesis was great.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:49 AM   #47
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Also for Canadian members, it's on Teletoon on Sunday morning at 9 am
Old 03-13-2009, 03:03 AM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

I still don't like the show but my brother tells me it's a lot better than it looks (Batman's costume). I haven't watched an episode yet. He also tells me it's got a lot of good action? I'm thinking I should check it out regardles of what I said earlier in this thread.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:04 AM   #49
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Send a message via AIM to Beast

Quote:
I just wanted to let viewers know that the show has changed its timeslot to 8:30 P.M. on Fridays from the previous 8:00 P.M. time. So set your DVR's accordingly. The recent two-parter where Batman teamed up with a certain arch-nemesis was great.
My guess.... they were getting murdered in the ratings by Wolverine and the X-Men. Hence the change.

I'm glad, now I don't have to skip Batman: Brave and the Bold to watch the Wolverine/X-Men toon.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:25 AM   #50
Power Member

Oct 2008
Scranton, PA, USA

Quote:
My guess.... they were getting murdered in the ratings by Wolverine and the X-Men. Hence the change.
I don't know about that. Cartoon Network is available in way more homes than Nicktoons Network. I guess it's possible, but I'd be very surprised. Anyway, I always DVR'd Batman at 8 and the X-Men replay at 11, so it wasn't an issue for me.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:35 AM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN

I started watching it, but didn't really care much for it. Although, I did catch the last couple of episodes and they were good, IMO.

The animation has really grown on me, too.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:36 AM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN

Quote:
Yeah, that was awesome!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:37 AM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ator the Invincible View Post
I don't know about that. Cartoon Network is available in way more homes than Nicktoons Network. I guess it's possible, but I'd be very surprised. Anyway, I always DVR'd Batman at 8 and the X-Men replay at 11, so it wasn't an issue for me.
Well, considering the record ratings the show was recieveing. I think it's likely.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:52 AM   #54
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:

I'm glad, now I don't have to skip Batman: Brave and the Bold to watch the Wolverine/X-Men toon.
Batman: The Brave And The Bold has already had a second season ordered based on its success.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #55
Power Member

Oct 2008
Scranton, PA, USA

Quote:
Batman: The Brave And The Bold has already had a second season ordered based on its success.
Not only ordered, but set to begin airing 1 week after the season 1 finale. Apparently, last week's episode was the season 1 finale, and season 2 starts tonight.

I thought that was weird. It must have to do with how the network ordered the batches of episodes. An initial order of 13 followed by another 13 immediately thereafter.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008

Quote:
So has Wolverine and the X-Men. Even before it started airing in the U.S.

And they're the standard 26 Episodes seasons. Unlike Brave and the Bold's short 13 Episode seasons.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #57
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Already on it's second season? Shocking!
Old 02-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #58
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

The show now airs new episodes at 7:30 P.M. on Fridays. Friday is such a wasteland now, I really wonder why any network tries to program fresh material on that day. The array of characters that continue to show up is the best thing about this show. Challengers of the Unknown and the Metal Men are but two of the recent "guest-stars". We even saw a glimpse of the entire classic Justice League lineup (though Superman only from behind) recently when the Teen Titans made an appearance.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #59
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

The marketing of this show by Cartoon Network has been awful, since there is virtually no buzz on it like the other recent DC cartoons like Justice League. The past few episodes have been very solid. Friday's episode featured an interesting story by Paul Dini that focused on the killer of Batman's parents, Joe Chill. The Spectre made an appearance.

Note: A moderator should move the thread to the Television forum.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:40 AM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
☣☣☣☣☣
Portugal

Sounds like a spin off of The Bold & The Beautiful
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows