Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Cyber Monday Deals are Now Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Revenge of the Shogun Women 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.96

IMAX: Dream Big: Engineering Our World 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.95

Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.46

Trolls World Tour 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Pina 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.35

The Smurfs 2 in 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.30

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 11-27-2021, 10:19 PM   #481
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
This is part of why I asked. The place in question seems to be in Illinois, so I would imagine that the studios would shut down a US-based bootleg operation, yet here they are. Hence my question.
Warner Archives and Warner's 3D blu-ray discs are MOD which just means they're produced in smaller quantities so there's less of a risk of being stuck with a bunch of discs that don't sell, they're still pressed like the discs you buy in the stores.
Thanks given by:
3D>2D (11-28-2021), Elsinore (Today), Emoto (11-28-2021), Jlardonio (11-28-2021), Zivouhr (11-28-2021)
Old 11-27-2021, 10:46 PM   #482

Nov 2010
USA

I switched my Dune 3D pre-order to the US release on Amazon and canceled my Amazon.de pre-order. Even if I have to wait 3 weeks longer, I want my purchase to add to the US sales numbers to help convince WB that US still buys 3D blu-ray! Also worth it to have a FSK logo free cover art and Digital Copy included.

Last edited by 3D>2D; 11-28-2021 at 02:33 PM. Reason: :
Thanks given by:
BlueRagtop (Yesterday), ilovenola2 (11-28-2021), jchung30 (11-28-2021), Jlardonio (11-28-2021), RitwikKN2002 (11-28-2021), Sanfox (11-28-2021), Zivouhr (11-28-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 05:23 AM   #483
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin View Post
Joe, I hope for our sake that this order works out better than the last Germany order we went through. I like to save money as good as the next guy but sometimes I wonder why go through all the trouble. I guess I'm a gluten for punishment.
Hi swervin,
Deep-discount is located in Illinois.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:15 AM   #484

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi swervin,
Deep-discount is located in Illinois.
Dang it is. Looking at things with blinders on I guess. Well good, least we have to deal with shipping on the slow boat from Germany.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:19 PM   #485
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Dang it is. Looking at things with blinders on I guess. Well good, least we have to deal with shipping on the slow boat from Germany.
Hi swervin,

I might still have to. Order made over the phone hasn't been confirmed by Deep Discount even though given a confirmation number. When I inquired got a form response saying out of stock yet still available for pre order on website. Will call customer service again tomorrow.

Joe
Old 11-28-2021, 06:39 PM   #486

Oct 2012

Joe that sucks. Nothing should be this hard. It's getting to where something as simple as ordering a bluray is out of the question.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:17 PM   #487
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Joe that sucks. Nothing should be this hard. It's getting to where something as simple as ordering a bluray is out of the question.
Hi swervin

I saw that my credit card wasn't charged yet. Again hope customer service straightens this out over the phone. And still waiting for instructions from jpc on how to return it without incurring any shipping costs. Fortunately they cannot charge anything to PayPal without my authorization.

And still the unopened package sits on my table. So have it but cannot watch it.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:14 PM   #488
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

That first page update is a great help, thank you.

Dune blu ray 3D on amazon .com for $35.99 for Jan 11, 2022.

Seeing it's now available for sale in the US with free shipping possible, very nice. And a chance that $35 will drop to 27 maybe by release day. Much easier than importing and paying shipping that is almost the cost of the disc itself.

Cool. Thank you Warner Bros. for caring about blu ray 3D!
Thanks given by:
3D>2D (Yesterday), AaronWilson (Yesterday), EVERRET (Yesterday), hypermog (Yesterday), ilovenola2 (Today), Jlardonio (Yesterday), Joe D. (11-28-2021), Just_Discovered_3D (Yesterday), RitwikKN2002 (Yesterday)
Old Today, 12:17 AM   #489

Oct 2019

I’m so sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The Digital Bits say they've received official word from WBHE that every home release of Dune is a fixed 2.39 aspect ratio. IMAX scenes are not included.

Last edited by osmos512; Today at 12:44 AM.
Old Today, 01:43 AM   #490
Expert Member

Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmos512 View Post
Iím so sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The Digital Bits say they've received official word from WBHE that every home release of Dune is a fixed 2.39 aspect ratio. IMAX scenes are not included.
Those 4K and blu-ray release specs include the 3D edition?
Old Today, 02:00 AM   #491

Oct 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlardonio View Post
Those 4K and blu-ray release specs include the 3D edition?
TDB didnít specify but itís safe to assume. When has WB ever pulled an MCU and preserved the IMAX aspect ratio only on the 3D Blu-ray? Aquaman did the opposite, the 4K was IMAX but the 3D was 2.39. Wonder Woman 1984 only had the IMAX version on 3D because every release was the IMAX version, even on HBO Max.
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (Today)
Old Today, 02:41 AM   #492
Expert Member

Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmos512 View Post
TDB didn’t specify but it’s safe to assume. When has WB ever pulled an MCU and preserved the IMAX aspect ratio only on the 3D Blu-ray? Aquaman did the opposite, the 4K was IMAX but the 3D was 2.39. Wonder Woman 1984 only had the IMAX version on 3D because every release was the IMAX version, even on HBO Max.
Let's hope 3D gets premium touch by WB.

Aquaman was a bad step by Warner.
Old Today, 06:10 AM   #493
Expert Member

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedwiggen View Post
Warner Archives and Warner's 3D blu-ray discs are MOD which just means they're produced in smaller quantities so there's less of a risk of being stuck with a bunch of discs that don't sell, they're still pressed like the discs you buy in the stores.
Good to know that they're pressed and not "burned" (as I recall they once were), though I'm not sure I'm following the logic of discs left unsold as they could just make one single "SKU" for Dune and have it be a 4K 3D hybrid.

Warner is still putting a DVD into its Dune release, which suggests to me that it isn't a cost issue in terms of the extra disc costing too much. On a side note, putting Dune 2021 onto a DVD is a definite disservice as the film is entirely about its visuals, so a sub-480p image is just cutting it off at the knees.

But since I now know that this is a legit release, and not "Warner burned a bluray and stuck it in the mail"-tier, that removes a lot of my reservations for getting this. Thanks.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
3-d, dune, frank herbert, warner