Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Darksiders III (PS4)
$19.99

Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4)
$49.94

Samurai Shodown (PS4)
$49.94

Yakuza 0 (PS4)
$13.57
11 hrs ago
Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
$19.93
2 hrs ago
Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
$24.99

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (PS4)
$23.98
11 hrs ago
Sniper Elite 4 (PS4)
$19.43

The Sinking City (PS4)
$49.94

The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA Tour (PS4)
$19.99

Firewall: Zero Hour (PS4)
$19.99

Destiny 2: Forsaken (PS4)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 06-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

I personally think Ubisoft games overall are solid games, but tbh i have found myself more and more not buying them at launch and picking them up on sales o4 far after launch. Playing them at a much lower price point rather than full RRP makes them more forgivable for any issues imo and Ubisoft have a record for smoothing out their games post launch, sometimes quite aftee with patches.

I actually wonder if Mav despite his joke might be onto something and Ubisoft may remaster Watch_Dogs in the future and maybe do the game justice.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:15 PM   #22
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

What's interesting, is so far, this game is not being clearly stated to be online or offline as an option. In WD2, they made it clear from the start on their own website and videos. This might be online only as my concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
When Watch_Dogs was first announced. The concept was amazing imo. The idea of hackers taking control of and meddling with people in this ever connected digital age. It's just the execution seemed really bland and generic in the end. I think the story kind of suffered for the games animations in some areas ending up poor. The driving was really bad. That said, i thought the story itself if it had been done properly was actually an intriguing thing to explore. Especially now in a post Facebook era and where we're even more digitally than connected.

Personally, i think they're not going down that route again. That said, i think this will offer its own flavour of fun.
Many cars in WD1 did control poorly for the sportscars especially. So I'd be driving and trying to make gradual turns, but the car would overturn and it caused more problem than a real car ever would. I would intentionally drive the slower cars since they controlled better.

The bikes control perfectly in WD1 and 2 thankfully. The cars improved too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop_99 View Post
That's right, I had completely forgotten about that awkward camera view in WD 2. That was another annoyance I had with it.
Yes, plus in WD2, the weapon wheel was completely abandoned from WD1. Suddenly, you could only carry about 2 weapons. Terrible, they should have give the choice to be a tech guy or a gunman whenever you wanted as in WD1. They intentionally forced the player to be a tech person.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:00 PM   #23
Power Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
The only thing that appeals to me about this game is the virtual (if slightly futuristic) rendering of London to play around in. But I ignored the previous two, so I'm only likely to pick this up when it's on sale. Like under 9.99 cheap.
I agree with the London bit. There are a few cities I would like to see as the setting for an open world video game, and London is one of them. Definitely not in the Watch Dogs franchise, and definitely not from Ubisoft, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticMutation View Post
Ubisoft games usually drop in price pretty quickly so we shouldn't have to wait too long before it's on sale for a decent price
This is true, and that's a good thing. The vast majority of their games are absolutely not worth full price, considering most of them are, like CoD for instance, the same game in a different coat of paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
I think ubisoft games are good in small doses, meaning I only get 1 or 2 installments of their main games in a single generation

for example this gen I bought: Assassin's Creed Origins, Far Cry Primal and The Division, and had blast with all of them, Origins was probably my favorite game that year, and I put +100 hours in The Division
This seems like a sensible approach, for sure. If it works for you, it works for you. As long as you don't feel gypped out of your money, it's all good.

Personally, I have a strong dislike for Ubisoft because I know where they came from and I have witnessed the decline in the quality of their releases. I also find it absolutely disgraceful and utterly insulting that this particular company has made it a regular thing to show us something cool at E3, only to deliver a product that's not even half of what was shown or promised, and then taking a year or more to "fix" it after people have already paid full price for a half-assed game. Ubisoft wasn't always this way, but they have slowly destroyed their own credibility as a developer with these shenanigans. It's dirty, it's unfair and it's deliberately tricking people into giving them their money.

This kind of thing bothers me so much I simply pay them no mind and refuse to give them any of my money ever again. I feel the same about EA, Activision, and now all of the publishers who sold out to EPIC games after promising their fans (who had already pre-ordered the games, and even kickstarter backers ) that their games would release on Steam and GOG.

Still, visiting these threads and engaging in discussion is fun. I am glad that many people don't feel the way I do, and do enjoy Ubisoft's games for what they are. I just wish I could be one of them again, for these guys were high up on my favorites list back in the day.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (06-15-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Hialeah, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I personally think Ubisoft games overall are solid games, but tbh i have found myself more and more not buying them at launch and picking them up on sales o4 far after launch. Playing them at a much lower price point rather than full RRP makes them more forgivable for any issues imo and Ubisoft have a record for smoothing out their games post launch, sometimes quite aftee with patches.

I actually wonder if Mav despite his joke might be onto something and Ubisoft may remaster Watch_Dogs in the future and maybe do the game justice.
I honestly doubt it. They have abandoned each Watch Dogs game fairly quickly, probably do to low sales. They never even released an Xbox One X patch for Watch Dogs 2 and left it running at 900p/30fps, even though that console was released only one year later.

Yet we see Massive provide a PS4 Pro upgrade for The Division 1 and long time later, they provide an Xbox One X patch for the first game.

Personally, I think Watch Dogs 3 will sell poorly and even when the new Console's are released only 8 months later, they will not bother upgrading it or anything. They seem to want to forget about the Watch Dogs games a few months after they are released.

It won't be like Assassin's Creed Syndicate that randomly received a PS4 Pro patch.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:54 PM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop_99 View Post
I honestly doubt it. They have abandoned each Watch Dogs game fairly quickly, probably do to low sales. They never even released an Xbox One X patch for Watch Dogs 2 and left it running at 900p/30fps, even though that console was released only one year later.

Yet we see Massive provide a PS4 Pro upgrade for The Division 1 and long time later, they provide an Xbox One X patch for the first game.

Personally, I think Watch Dogs 3 will sell poorly and even when the new Console's are released only 8 months later, they will not bother upgrading it or anything. They seem to want to forget about the Watch Dogs games a few months after they are released.

It won't be like Assassin's Creed Syndicate that randomly received a PS4 Pro patch.
Tbh, i don't think it's a Ubisoft exclusive trend but it's a slight concern only for older PS4 gen titles to probably not get patches quickly unless they're very popular and the devs/publishers wanna push some extra sales. It becomes a case of prioritising other things rather than trying to upgrade performance on older titles with little to no financial return on the table.

Maybe at some point Ubisoft may allow small internal teams at the studios to try and patch the stuff to take advantage of better hardware like Pro, X and the whole next gen. That said, i think it's probably not gonna happen quick. Most will switch focus to making these cross gen games play adequately before ramping up fully to spec on next gen only games.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:16 AM   #26
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

That does make sense, that Watch Dogs 1 could finally get the upgrade for PS5 that so many complained about the downgrade it got on PS4, compared to the E3 previews with the special effects that probably slowed down the framerate.

Odds it'll happen? 2/10.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:57 AM   #27
Power Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
That does make sense, that Watch Dogs 1 could finally get the upgrade for PS5 that so many complained about the downgrade it got on PS4, compared to the E3 previews with the special effects that probably slowed down the framerate.

Odds it'll happen? 2/10.
Not just PS4. Every platform, including PC. It is what they have been doing for a long time now.

I keep my PC up to date in terms of hardware, which means I upgrade about once a year on average. It's unnecessary and overkill, but it's what I enjoy doing so I pretty much always have a top of the line, beast-mode PC. Taking that into consideration I can honestly tell you that even in 4K, with everything cranked to the max, none of Ubisoft's games ever look as good as they do in their E3 presentations. I'd say Watch Dogs, Siege and The Division are the three biggest offenders in this case (because they quite simply look like shit compared to what was shown when they were announced) but all of their games receive this treatment. On top of the visual downgrades, many of their demos often show cool features that simply never make it to the retail code, whether it be at release or a significant amount of time and patches later.

They're not the only one doing it, but they are definitely the one doing it the most. It's a damn shame and, in my opinion, this kind of bait and switch bullshit should be illegal and studios who do this to us should be held accountable for it.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #28
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Shroud View Post
Not just PS4. Every platform, including PC. It is what they have been doing for a long time now.

I keep my PC up to date in terms of hardware, which means I upgrade about once a year on average. It's unnecessary and overkill, but it's what I enjoy doing so I pretty much always have a top of the line, beast-mode PC. Taking that into consideration I can honestly tell you that even in 4K, with everything cranked to the max, none of Ubisoft's games ever look as good as they do in their E3 presentations. I'd say Watch Dogs, Siege and The Division are the three biggest offenders in this case (because they quite simply look like shit compared to what was shown when they were announced) but all of their games receive this treatment. On top of the visual downgrades, many of their demos often show cool features that simply never make it to the retail code, whether it be at release or a significant amount of time and patches later.

They're not the only one doing it, but they are definitely the one doing it the most. It's a damn shame and, in my opinion, this kind of bait and switch bullshit should be illegal and studios who do this to us should be held accountable for it.
You have a point, in that if they're going to make a game, present it as it will be in the final product, rather than amping it up but 30% better graphics and details, only to remove that in the final product. Considering your efforts to improve your PC to its best, I can understand why you'd be concerned about it.

Had they not done that, the reception would be more positive. Even so, Watch Dogs 1 was the best selling game in the franchise so far. Watch Dogs 2 was said to not have met their expectations to match the sales of WD1.

I still play WD1, but just wish it had 1080p and brought back the rest mode for PS4 that they removed and refuse to re-implement. 900p is okay, but for PS4, it could've hit 1080p as with WD2 and 3.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4