Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.99
19 hrs ago
Avatar: The Way of Water (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 hr ago
Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema XIV (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
Sisu 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.36
 
The Night of the Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
9 hrs ago
So I Married an Axe Murderer 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.55
1 day ago
Avatar: The Way of Water 3D (Blu-ray)
$33.99
1 hr ago
Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema XIII (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
Death Wish 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Prison Girls 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Les MisÚrables 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion > Rear Projection TVs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Hillside Trece Hillside Trece is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2010
Default A Shoutout To All My SXRD Brethern...

How many of you are still -- all these years later -- running your Sony SXRD rear pro? Do you still like it? Picture quality still doing it for you? How many lamps have you gone through?

Share some pictures of Blu-ray snapshots on your SXRD as well, in addition to providing some information about your display's setup (picture mode, what's connected to it, etc.)!

I'll start:

Model: KDS-50A2020

Connections:

Scientific Atlanta High Def Set Top Box (Component/Video 5)
Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray Player (HDMI/Video 6)

Picture Mode: Standard (on both inputs)

Picture/Custom Settings:

Advanced Iris: Auto 1
Picture: 80 (for BD input; 70 for cable input)
Brightness: 53 (for BD input; 50 for cable)
Color: 45 (for BD input; 50 for cable)
Hue: 0
Color Temp: Neutral
Sharpness: 25 (on BD input; 50 for cable)
Noise Reduction: Low (on BD input; Medium on cable)
Advanced Settings: Locked in Standard mode

Screen:

Wide Mode: Full
Auto Wide: Off
Screen Position Normal

Setup:

Closed Captions: Off
Info Banner: On
Color Matrix: Standard
Menu Color: Blue
Language: English
Video 2 (Component): Auto
Cooling Mode: Normal

Last edited by Hillside Trece; 07-05-2012 at 11:55 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Virginia
255
204
1339
4
42
316
Default

you just knew i was gonna post here!

I'll keep it until BB GS says they won't offer me another extended warranty. then i'll start thinking about another tv. i have a spare lamp on hand and they own me a lamp with my current extended warranty which is up in November this year. i'll call and get the lamp they owe me; even if the one that's in there is still working.

like i said, if they don't want to re-renew it then i'll know it's time to start getting ready when this one fails.

it would be nice if it lasted another year or two. if the current lamp goes out (replaced early this year) then i'll get the replacement from BB, keep my spare and start looking at what i'll get.

i don't care what anyone says, the sony RPHDTV's were great. if it wasn't for that OB issue, they would probably still be making them and tearing up some mitsubishi ass doing it too! so far nobody that's come over that i haven't told or shown says "so, that's a RPTV you have there" so far they all say "man, that's a big tv screen and a great picture!"

i'm gonna ride that wave as long as i can!

i may look into my settings later. i think most of them are the default settings since i got the last OB replaced a couple years ago.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #3
Silo5 Silo5 is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2008
-
-
1
Default

KDS-60A3000 owner here. Still on my original bulb and haven't had any OB issues yet (knocks on wood). Proud owner since 11/25/2007. Picture quality is still great and probably won't upgrade until this one kicks the bucket(knocks on wood again!!)

I have my '805 and cable box connected to it. Cable box connected via component cables as I ran out of HDMI inputs on my '805.

I use the custom picture setting calibrated via Disney's WOW disc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
Hillside Trece Hillside Trece is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silo5 View Post
KDS-60A3000 owner here. Still on my original bulb and haven't had any OB issues yet (knocks on wood). Proud owner since 11/25/2007. Picture quality is still great and probably won't upgrade until this one kicks the bucket(knocks on wood again!!)

I have my '805 and cable box connected to it. Cable box connected via component cables as I ran out of HDMI inputs on my '805.

I use the custom picture setting calibrated via Disney's WOW disc.
Thanks, Silo!

I can't believe you've had no bulb replacements yet since '07! I am on my second bulb, but no optical block issues. Are you using your PS3 as a BD player, running through the Onkyo?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
Silo5 Silo5 is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2008
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside Trece View Post
Thanks, Silo!

I can't believe you've had no bulb replacements yet since '07! I am on my second bulb, but no optical block issues. Are you using your PS3 as a BD player, running through the Onkyo?
I did use the PS3 as my BD player until I got the Oppo-93. But they are both going through the '805, as well as the Xbox360.

Yeah, I've been fortunate on my bulb. I'll have to look up the hours later to see how many I have on it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:02 AM   #6
Hillside Trece Hillside Trece is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silo5 View Post
I did use the PS3 as my BD player until I got the Oppo-93. But they are both going through the '805, as well as the Xbox360.

Yeah, I've been fortunate on my bulb. I'll have to look up the hours later to see how many I have on it.
Oh, okay because in your sig I see you are still runnin' a Sony BD player...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #7
Hillside Trece Hillside Trece is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
you just knew i was gonna post here!
Indeed, Solar, indeed...

Quote:
I'll keep it until BB GS says they won't offer me another extended warranty. then i'll start thinking about another tv. i have a spare lamp on hand and they own me a lamp with my current extended warranty which is up in November this year. i'll call and get the lamp they owe me; even if the one that's in there is still working.

like i said, if they don't want to re-renew it then i'll know it's time to start getting ready when this one fails.

it would be nice if it lasted another year or two. if the current lamp goes out (replaced early this year) then i'll get the replacement from BB, keep my spare and start looking at what i'll get.

i don't care what anyone says, the sony RPHDTV's were great. if it wasn't for that OB issue, they would probably still be making them and tearing up some mitsubishi ass doing it too! so far nobody that's come over that i haven't told or shown says "so, that's a RPTV you have there" so far they all say "man, that's a big tv screen and a great picture!"

i'm gonna ride that wave as long as i can!

i may look into my settings later. i think most of them are the default settings since i got the last OB replaced a couple years ago.
Thanks for your thoughts, Solar -- you actually kept the set on total default without adjusting anything even according to some setup discs?!?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #8
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Virginia
255
204
1339
4
42
316
Default

yeah, for the most part. of course i'm 50 so my memory isn't what it use to be i don't think i changed too much if anything after getting the second OB replaced. mind you, i'm easy to please!

i might have toned down the color intenisty a little but, like i said, once i check and right things down, i'll post here.

best tv i've ever owned and owned the longest too and with no love lots either!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #9
Hillside Trece Hillside Trece is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
yeah, for the most part. of course i'm 50 so my memory isn't what it use to be i don't think i changed too much if anything after getting the second OB replaced. mind you, i'm easy to please!

i might have toned down the color intenisty a little but, like i said, once i check and right things down, i'll post here.
Yeah, please do check and post -- I'd be curious to know if you're running in complete Vivid default mode, or Standard...

Quote:
and with no love lots either!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion > Rear Projection TVs


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 AM.