Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Spider-Man 8-Film Collection (iTunes)
$44.99
1 day ago
Spider-Man: No Way Home (iTunes)
$9.99
1 day ago
Kingsman 3-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$12.99
1 day ago
Spider-Man Trilogy (iTunes)
$14.99
1 day ago
Cocaine Bear (iTunes)
$9.99
1 day ago
Morbius / Venom: Let There Be Carnage / Venom (iTunes)
$19.99
1 day ago
Spider-Man 3-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$24.99
1 day ago
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
The King's Man (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
65 (iTunes)
$9.99
1 day ago
Black Adam / Man of Steel 2-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
The Amazing Spider-Man Double Feature (iTunes)
$9.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2018, 02:35 AM   #1
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
223
718
69
738
2
61
Default BEWARE! FandangoNow resolution not transferring to MA after linking!

I had 4 movies that were previously only available in HD on FandangoNow. Those have now all changed to SD. They were over-written by MoviesAnywhere to be SD even though I owned them in HD previously.

UGH.

Anyone else?

For me, the movies I had were
Police Academy 4
The Power of One
Life as A House
And Justice For All

Last edited by IndyMLVC; 03-16-2018 at 03:06 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:50 AM   #2
heynongman heynongman is offline
Active Member
 
heynongman's Avatar
 
Sep 2017
44
458
179
1869
237
Default

Yep, lost five myself. Had HD UV rights for them, but since VUDU only had them in SD they transferred to MA in SD. After linking they're no longer HD in FandangoNow.

Dark City Director's Cut
Altered States
Little Children
Repulsion
The Morning After
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:35 AM   #3
supaet supaet is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2015
132
Default

since VUDU is the last UV provider, our UV library is at its mercy.
any UHD/HD we own in UV library is lost unless VUDU upgrades their offerings
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:20 PM   #4
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
223
718
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaet View Post
since VUDU is the last UV provider, our UV library is at its mercy.
any UHD/HD we own in UV library is lost unless VUDU upgrades their offerings
That doesn't matter. We shouldn't have movies DOWNGRADED after they were purchased in HD. That's ludicrous.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:27 PM   #5
Kedrix Kedrix is offline
Expert Member
 
Jul 2014
Katy, Tx
5
332
1506
354
112
Default

My copy of CB4 which I bought at FN is still showing as HD on the FN side (despite it being SD @ Vudu and Amazon).
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:34 PM   #6
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
223
718
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
My copy of CB4 which I bought at FN is still showing as HD on the FN side (despite it being SD @ Vudu and Amazon).
So why wasn't it upgraded elsewhere?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:25 PM   #7
Kedrix Kedrix is offline
Expert Member
 
Jul 2014
Katy, Tx
5
332
1506
354
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
So why wasn't it upgraded elsewhere?
Welp, the way I understand it is when I bought it at FN...FN had it at HD. At the time FN was only UV, so it transferred to my UV locker and went to Vudu. Vudu only had it as SD, so hence I got it as SD there. It then transferred to MA as SD (shitty I know) and hence why it shows up as SD everywhere else like Amazon (and probably Google Play as well).

A true cluster. If CB4 had a proper blu-ray, I probably wouldn't even have bothered.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #8
supaet supaet is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2015
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
That doesn't matter. We shouldn't have movies DOWNGRADED after they were purchased in HD. That's ludicrous.
where did you purchase the movie in HD? if it's vudu or fandangonow, you should be fine.

but if you purchased it at another UV provider that's long gone, it out of luck.

I have a couple movies that's like this as well. Remember before UV, the movie you purchase is only good at the provider you purchased with.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:43 PM   #9
cmleblanc cmleblanc is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2009
-
-
-
-
-
-
301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaet View Post
where did you purchase the movie in HD? if it's vudu or fandangonow, you should be fine.

but if you purchased it at another UV provider that's long gone, it out of luck.

I have a couple movies that's like this as well. Remember before UV, the movie you purchase is only good at the provider you purchased with.
That should NOT be a true statement. The purpose of UV was to have a locker system and have your movie accessible by any UV provider. If a movie was purchased in Flixster and is ported to your Vudu and/or FandangoNow account, you should not be penalized because Flixster went away or that Vudu only carries it in SD. You should be able to get the highest resolution available at a UV retailer. FandangoNow is the one causing all the issues by removing the UV status at the same time the movie moved to MA. They should have exported the movie to MA first and then remove the UV status.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:15 PM   #10
supaet supaet is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2015
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmleblanc View Post
That should NOT be a true statement. The purpose of UV was to have a locker system and have your movie accessible by any UV provider. If a movie was purchased in Flixster and is ported to your Vudu and/or FandangoNow account, you should not be penalized because Flixster went away or that Vudu only carries it in SD. You should be able to get the highest resolution available at a UV retailer. FandangoNow is the one causing all the issues by removing the UV status at the same time the movie moved to MA. They should have exported the movie to MA first and then remove the UV status.
well I agree, but that's the way they play it.

on Fandangonow's site, they have no obligation to do anything because the movie was not purchased from them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:48 AM   #11
worldchmps worldchmps is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Sep 2011
5
Default

Hold on, UV on Fandango is lost? So they’re now MA only? I thought they were both, like Vudu! Does this mean if Vudu drops UV that any UV only movies will be lost?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:58 AM   #12
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldchmps View Post
Hold on, UV on Fandango is lost? So theyíre now MA only? I thought they were both, like Vudu! Does this mean if Vudu drops UV that any UV only movies will be lost?
You still have access to your UV library but FandangoNow is no longer providing UV rights and prioritizing MA rights over UV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:20 AM   #13
worldchmps worldchmps is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Sep 2011
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
You still have access to your UV library but FandangoNow is no longer providing UV rights and prioritizing MA rights over UV.
So if a movie is UV only, you canít redeem it on FandangoNow anymore? Just Vudu? If thatís the case, Iíd hate if Vudu dropped UV unless every studio switched to MA.

So existing UV movies are still on FandangoNow?

Rather than prioritize movies should jut be made available to UV and MA. Though since Vudu is in MA Iím fine with a redemption in MA only. But I would hate to lose UV redemptions so long as some studios wonít switch to MA.

What happens to redemption codes that are for UV if the movie is now in MA? Does it redeem on the MA website or should you use Vudu? And if a movie is both, does redeeming on Vudu give you both redemptions or only one?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #14
supaet supaet is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2015
132
Default

I hope you guys realize this is not really a MA issue or MA related topic.

this issue is a side effect of the pending death of UV. your UV library (fox/sony/universal at this moment) only exists in VUDU and that's it. The only hope is for VUDU to provide all the movies and quality in the UV library. Anything that's left over will be lost the moment UV folds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #15
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
223
718
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaet View Post
I hope you guys realize this is not really a MA issue or MA related topic.

this issue is a side effect of the pending death of UV. your UV library (fox/sony/universal at this moment) only exists in VUDU and that's it. The only hope is for VUDU to provide all the movies and quality in the UV library. Anything that's left over will be lost the moment UV folds.
I hope you realize that you're wrong. Your movies don't suddenly disappear just because UV does.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:09 PM   #16
supaet supaet is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2015
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I hope you realize that you're wrong. Your movies don't suddenly disappear just because UV does.
they do.

here is an example:

say if you purchased movieABC at one of the deceased UV providers (not vudu or fandangonow).

This movie is in your UV library but only viewable on Fandangonow as VUDU does not carry it.

When UV dies or Fandangonow decides to remove the UV flag of that movie, you have lost that movie.

It's not on VUDU because they don't carry it. It's not on Fandangonow because they removed the UV flag. It's not on MA because MA does not know that you own the movie. The only bridge is VUDU
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:11 PM   #17
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
223
718
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaet View Post
they do.
When UV dies or Fandangonow decides to remove the UV flag of that movie, you have lost that movie.
That's where you're incorrect. Once it's been imported, it stays there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #18
supaet supaet is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2015
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
That's where you're incorrect. Once it's been imported, it stays there.
what do you mean by imported? from where to where?

say movieABC is UV but not on VUDU, and it shows up on Fandangonow before.
but once fandangonow removes the UV flag of that movie, your movie is gone.

using your movie as example, you own police academy 4 in HD in UV, and it was HD on fandangonow when it has the UV flag.

once fandangonow removes the UV flag, it's gone.

you're seeing it in SD because VUDU offers it in SD, so it transfer back to fandangonow in SD through MA
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #19
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
223
718
69
738
2
61
Default

This thread:

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
alexy25 (03-15-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #20
jbloggs jbloggs is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jbloggs's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
10
1018
Default

This is issue with both MA and providers. It is such a simple and one of the basic logic check that it shouldn't have even be an issue. In plain English, the basic check should be...

"If the quality of the in-coming license is higher than currently being held then update license quality otherwise ignore."
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
alexy25 (03-15-2018), cmleblanc (03-15-2018), Dustin44 (03-15-2018), IndyMLVC (03-15-2018), XaroXhoanDaxos (03-15-2018)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 AM.