Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Night of the Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Serpico 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
11 hrs ago
The Longest Yard 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Battlestar Galactica 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.99
23 hrs ago
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
Sisu 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.36
1 day ago
Marathon Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
19 hrs ago
Needful Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49

The Usual Suspects 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Violet Evergarden: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$37.66

Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 10-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
Expert Member

Jul 2007
Default The ps3 impact will win this war.....

Here is my math......we all know there is way more blu-ray players(including the ps3) out there than hd dvd. lets say hd dvd has 500,00 players and blu has 3m (including ps3's) Lets say both formats do a BOGO sale. SO here is the math.

500,000 hd dvd players * 2 movies = 1m

3m bly players 8 2 movies = 6m

the ps3 is finally going to show it's impact IMO. Even if only half of the blu player owners bought BOGO blu would still win by alot
Old 10-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #2
Special Member

Feb 2007

I agree and these numbers will only go up.
Even the most conservative estimates. 20-30%

Look at all the POTC 1 & 2 's that sold this past week. That is very encouraging considering its been out for months.

For all the people who are now discovering HDM they WILL go out and buy more!

40Gb unit next months comes out and you'll see a who lotta fence sitters come out of the woodwork. Both for gaming and as a cheap stand alone.

According to Toshiba though none of these players exist....so I'm not quite sure who is buying all these movies. HEHEH.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by spam.curitiba View Post
Here is my math......we all know there is way more blu-ray players(including the ps3) out there than hd dvd. lets say hd dvd has 500,00 players and blu has 3m (including ps3's) Lets say both formats do a BOGO sale. SO here is the math.

the ps3 is finally going to show it's impact IMO. Even if only half of the blu player owners bought BOGO blu would still win by alot
Good point. Heck, BOGO was such a good deal I just couldn't resist buying Pirates 1 and 2. I'm going to watch the first one tonight - for the first time on Blu. From what I've read, PQ and AQ should be top notch!

I'm almost positive we're going to outsell Transformers this week - just based on the number of potential BOGO buyers out there.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
Power Member

Aug 2007
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by spam.curitiba View Post

Only problem with your logic is that not all people buying a PS3 will be watching Blu-ray movies on them. People buying HD-DVD add-ons for their XBox360 or stand-alone HD-DVD players will be buying HD-DVD movies because there is no point to owning that hardware otherwise.... What can we do? educate PS3 owners about the PS3s ability to play Blu-ray movies, then the numbers will rise dramatically.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
Power Member

Apr 2007
SoCal PSN:CaptBurn

If the HDDVD promotions group truly believed that PS3's don't count, they would not be considering PS3's in their attach rate calculations.

The fact is: They do count. Big time. And, it's only going to grow as more and more people figure out how their PS3 works and what it is really capable of.

It's a time bomb set up in Blu's favor and this holiday season is when it's set to explode. Just watch the madness unfold.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Calgary, AB

Ive said it many times before, I feel that without a doubt the PS3 is the biggest factor in the format war. And it only gets better!

The price drop + the new games comming out all the time will increase PS3 sales. Christmas helps of course with PS3 sales, but also in HDTV sales. Both combined mean more PS3s and a higher % of ps3 owners using bluray.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology