Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$41.99
10 hrs ago
Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99
7 hrs ago
The Dallas Connection (Blu-ray)
$11.99
10 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Enemy Gold (Blu-ray)
$11.99
10 hrs ago
The Man from the Alamo / They Came to Cordura (Blu-ray)
$11.99
10 hrs ago
Husbands (Blu-ray)
$29.49
7 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

First Reformed (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$36.64
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Which team will win Super Bowl LIV
San Francisco 49ers 28 50.91%
Kansas City Chiefs 27 49.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #112481
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
He needs to retire already, the guy has average 2 or 3 concussion per year it seems like.
NFL needs to force him into retirement for his own good. NFLPA and the league should put in a provision for these types of cases in next CBA.
Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM   #112482
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2016
oHIo

Apparently NFL wants to expand playoffs.

God, no. Stop fixing what’s not broken.
Thanks given by:
El Rey (Today), imsounoriginal (Today), KManX89 (Today)
Old Today, 12:03 AM   #112483
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Sounds like some pretty good movement with the CBA. Hopefully both sides can close the deal.
Old Today, 01:30 AM   #112484
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011

Only the top seed will get a bye next season and one extra team makes the Playoffs

Sounds like it will pass
Old Today, 02:07 AM   #112485

Nov 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
Huh? I think a little context and relativity was factored in when doling out fines and suspensions. Rudolph's "instigation" resulted in a $50k fine vs. Garrett's helmet swing resulting in a six game suspension - which would've been a felony off the field.

I also don't see anyone saying Garrett was being absolved of anything. But like others have stated numerous times his story obviously does not add up.
Why aren't his teammates, his organization, Steelers players who were on the field, the NFLPA, etc. backing him up? (rhetorical)
He could've been quiet upon his official reinstatement but instead he has doubled down on an obvious lie, with a TV interview.
I honestly have a hard time believing ANYONE can believe his obvious lie.
It's entirely possible to believe that Rudolph is a jerk who started a fight he couldn't finish AND acknowledge that Garrett shouldn't have swung at his head with his helmet while still believing Rudolph got off too easy. Sure, Garrett's actions were more egregious than Rudolph's, but what Rudolph did was certainly worse than Okunjobi and Pouncey, yet they got suspended and he didn't.

Not defending Garrett, but Rudolph got a slap on the wrist when he started the damn fight.

Last edited by KManX89; Today at 02:24 AM.
Old Today, 02:55 AM   #112486
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2012

Quote:
Huh? I think a little context and relativity was factored in when doling out fines and suspensions. Rudolph's "instigation" resulted in a $50k fine vs. Garrett's helmet swing resulting in a six game suspension - which would've been a felony off the field.

I also don't see anyone saying Garrett was being absolved of anything. But like others have stated numerous times his story obviously does not add up.
Why aren't his teammates, his organization, Steelers players who were on the field, the NFLPA, etc. backing him up? (rhetorical)
He could've been quiet upon his official reinstatement but instead he has doubled down on an obvious lie, with a TV interview.
I honestly have a hard time believing ANYONE can believe his obvious lie.
A few of his teammates did say that Garrett told them that he heard the slur after the incident when the media had asked players after Garrett’s private meeting with the league was leaked. Then Dorsey just recently said that Garrett did inform him and the team after the game about it. It’s just that the team didn’t want people to make excuses for Garrett at the time, and Myles knew he was wrong.

Also of note, has been thought that someone involved in the incident was mike’d up for the game. For what’s it worth. I think Garrett was the one, but unsure.

Last edited by unsung122212; Today at 03:00 AM.
Old Today, 04:04 AM   #112487
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

Former no. 2 pick Greg Robinson caught with 157 pounds of weed SMH
Old Today, 04:45 AM   #112488
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Pequannock, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by West E View Post
Only the top seed will get a bye next season and one extra team makes the Playoffs

Sounds like it will pass
Wildcard weekend = 3 games saturday & 3 games sunday.

Awesome baby !! more betting $$.
Old Today, 08:26 AM   #112489
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
157 pounds?
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #112490
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
157 pounds?
In a car, going across a border. I hope the guy likes prison cells because that is were he will be staying for there next several years of his life more then likely. He should get a decade for just being that dumb, really what would make a person think they would get away with this?

Not to mention Mexican weed, seriously you just wrecked your life for 150 worthless pounds of garbage weed lol what a true dope!
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #112491
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2016
oHIo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
Flippin' idiot.
Old Today, 03:51 PM   #112492
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
157 pounds?
Well, I like the ambition, if nothing else. Go big or go home.

For what it's worth, he fell short of Nate Newton's 175 and 213 pounds of weed bust. Newton got busted the second time while out on bail from the first. In the end, he got 30 months in prison, which was probably light for the crimes.

Robinson could end up getting quite a lot more time unless his lawyers can find some technicality here.
Old Today, 04:01 PM   #112493
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

Jarvis Landry had surgery on his hip on Feb 4 but is expected to recover in time for next season
Old Today, 04:17 PM   #112494
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2016
oHIo

Quote:
Jarvis Landry had surgery on his hip on Feb 4 but is expected to recover in time for next season
Old Today, 06:11 PM   #112495
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post
Wildcard weekend = 3 games saturday & 3 games sunday.

Awesome baby !! more betting $$.
Oh great, NFL playoffs going to be as watered down as the NBA and NHL.
I guess if this appeases they PA, avoids a 17game schedule and expedites a new CBA...Iím happy.
Hopefully Howie has a few trade partners lined up for Jeffery before the ink dries.
Old Today, 06:19 PM   #112496
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Oh great, NFL playoffs going to be as watered down as the NBA and NHL.
I guess if this appeases they PA, avoids a 17game schedule and expedites a new CBA...Iím happy.
Hopefully Howie has a few trade partners lined up for Jeffery before the ink dries.
I agree it's better then a 17 game season, what I would really like to see is Thursdays game being moved to a Monday double header.
Old Today, 06:54 PM   #112497
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

I'll state the obvious. Seventeen is an odd number. That means there cannot be an equal number of home and away games. One theory is teams might alternate between 8 and 9 home games each year.

But my theory is even uglier. I think the NFL wants this so they can schedule more shitty neutral site games in other cities, or other countries, like more of those idiotic London games, games in Mexico or Canada, etc. Places where nobody outside of a few American ex-pats give a crap about American football. Goodell is obsessed with spreading the sport abroad, despite no evidence those people will ever like this game.
Old Today, 07:06 PM   #112498
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

My view on the whole is that pro sports are damaged by expanded playoffs, and nearly all could use contraction.

I have always loathed the divisional round of MLB. They play a 162 game regular season. That should matter. If I had it my way I'd fold the league back into four divisions and return to the LDS/WS format. It shouldn't come down to 1 game Wild Card play in games and 5 game divisional rounds.

The NBA is the most lopsided league with the fewest upsets. Who seriously benefits from a shitty team like Orlando (I'm a Magic fan) playing Milwaukee in the first round? The over under on Magic wins would be 0.5 tops in a 7 game series. I'd disband divisions and put the top 4 teams in each conference in the playoffs. That would pretty much guarantee a team would need a respectable 50~ wins for the postseason, instead of trash .500 teams making it. It would also avoid (to some degree), good teams putting it on cruise control en route to the playoffs.

In the NFL, I'd probably either keep it at 6 teams, or adjust (maybe contract) divisions so there are only 4 in the playoffs from each conference with no Wild Card round.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports