Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00
 
The Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
20 hrs ago
The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
 
Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96
 
Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96
 
Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68
 
Mandy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2016, 04:16 PM   #10201
MisterLime MisterLime is offline
Kino Insider
 
Jun 2015
Default

Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Winner: Palme d'Or - Cannes Film Festival
Winner: Best Actor and Best Director - Cannes Film Festival
Nominated: Three Academy Awards

Barton Fink (1991)
Starring John Turturro, John Goodman, Judy Davis, Michael Lerner, John Mahoney, Tony Shalhoub, Jon Polito and Steve Buscemi
Cinematography by Roger Deakins (No Country For Old Men)
Music by Carter Burwell (Fargo)
Written, Produced and Directed by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
barton-fink_fe92c1c7.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
abdurahman (10-30-2016), ajburke (10-28-2016), Akijama (10-27-2016), ArnoldLayne56 (10-27-2016), BagheeraMcGee (10-27-2016), baheidstu (10-27-2016), belcherman (10-27-2016), bruce holecheck (10-27-2016), drat (10-27-2016), easydreamer (10-27-2016), gpn (10-27-2016), jayembee (10-28-2016), movieben1138 (10-27-2016), NoirFan (10-27-2016), ParaOK (10-27-2016), spargs (10-27-2016), spawningblue (10-27-2016), StingingVelvet (10-27-2016), willo007 (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 04:22 PM   #10202
drat drat is offline
Active Member
 
drat's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
1682
279
Default

Barton Fink!!!!!

Everyone thought this was coming from Criterion. Wow. A total surprise.
"To the movies, to good movies, to every possible kind." -- Orson Welles, 1975
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:36 PM   #10203
dex14 dex14 is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2011
84
Default

Damn, Coens and Ashby announcements so close together... Criterion style.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:40 PM   #10204
baheidstu baheidstu is offline
Suspended
 
Jun 2012
2
36
Default

I'm assuming this is through Kino's deal with Fox? I have the Universal release from the UK and it suffers from that studio's infamous "tinkerings". Will this be a different master / scan?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:32 PM   #10205
spargs spargs is offline
Senior Member
 
spargs's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
sunny Florida
1217
59
3
Default

Wow! Can't believe Criterion didn't get this... cannot wait to upgrade from DVD!
My 10 Most Wanted films on Region A Blu-ray: The Great Silence (Corbucci, 1968), Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (Peckinpah, 1973), The Bad News Bears (Ritchie, 1976), Black Sunday (Frankenheimer, 1977), After Hours (Scorsese, 1985), Bugsy (Levinson, 1991), A Bronx Tale (DeNiro, 1993), Strange Days (Bigelow, 1995), Bringing Out the Dead (Scorsese, 1999), Femme Fatale (De Palma, 2002).
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:54 PM   #10206
jcs913 jcs913 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jcs913's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
3
421
Default

Kino really has some nice titles and Fink is a nice gem. Frankly though, I really hope this is put on a BD50 with some nice extras and not the typical Kino BD25's with a few scraps.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #10207
Akijama Akijama is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
I'm assuming this is through Kino's deal with Fox? I have the Universal release from the UK and it suffers from that studio's infamous "tinkerings". Will this be a different master / scan?
Good question.

Anyway, it's really surprising that Criterion didn't picked up this and Lifeboat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:07 PM   #10208
MisterLime MisterLime is offline
Kino Insider
 
Jun 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
I'm assuming this is through Kino's deal with Fox? I have the Universal release from the UK and it suffers from that studio's infamous "tinkerings". Will this be a different master / scan?
Yes, this is from Fox. And yes, it will be a different and superior master.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ajburke (10-28-2016), Akijama (10-27-2016), Archedamian (10-28-2016), ArnoldLayne56 (10-28-2016), Bad Feeble (10-28-2016), BagheeraMcGee (10-27-2016), baheidstu (10-27-2016), drat (10-27-2016), hammer99 (10-28-2016), MifuneFan (10-27-2016), movieben1138 (10-27-2016), spargs (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #10209
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
607
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterLime View Post
Yes, this is from Fox. And yes, it will be a different and superior master.
Nice
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #10210
MisterLime MisterLime is offline
Kino Insider
 
Jun 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs913 View Post
Kino really has some nice titles and Fink is a nice gem. Frankly though, I really hope this is put on a BD50 with some nice extras and not the typical Kino BD25's with a few scraps.
Currently all our longer running releases are BD50s. Barton Fink runs 116 minutes, so this will no doubt be a BD50 release.

Last edited by MisterLime; 10-27-2016 at 09:58 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:50 PM   #10211
belcherman belcherman is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
belcherman's Avatar
 
May 2013
Eastern CT
871
72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterLime View Post
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Winner: Palme d'Or - Cannes Film Festival
Winner: Best Actor and Best Director - Cannes Film Festival
Nominated: Three Academy Awards

Barton Fink (1991)
Starring John Turturro, John Goodman, Judy Davis, Michael Lerner, John Mahoney, Tony Shalhoub, Jon Polito and Steve Buscemi
Cinematography by Roger Deakins (No Country For Old Men)
Music by Carter Burwell (Fargo)
Written, Produced and Directed by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
Attachment 153256
Wow, this announcement confirms what I've always said about Kino: Good people.
Current pre-orders: none

Most wanted blu ray release: Bringing Up Baby
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:31 PM   #10212
The Great Owl The Great Owl is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
The Great Owl's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
Georgia
3255
313
255
4
Default

Amazon emailed me yesterday to let me know that I saved $0.01 on my pre-order for Fuzz.

Raquel Welch is awesome! Saving money is awesome!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ArnoldLayne56 (10-28-2016), MisterLime (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 08:39 PM   #10213
Dunemoon Dunemoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
Amazon emailed me yesterday to let me know that I saved $0.01 on my pre-order for Fuzz.

Raquel Welch is awesome! Saving money is awesome!
Greetings from Amazon.ca.

You saved $6.12 with Amazon.ca's Pre-order Price Guarantee! The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Fuzz (1972) [Blu-ray]
Price on order date: $27.09
Price charged at shipping: $20.97
Lowest price before release date: $20.97
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $6.12
$6.12 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.
Qui Jyn Ben Han Luke The Millennium Falcon
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
The Great Owl (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #10214
The Great Owl The Great Owl is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
The Great Owl's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
Georgia
3255
313
255
4
Default

There was a knock on the door a couple of minutes ago. The UPS guy delivered...

Fuzz
The Pit
Wolf Lake
Trouble Man
Boy on a Dolphin
The Laughing Policeman


It's all good!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MisterLime (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #10215
baheidstu baheidstu is offline
Suspended
 
Jun 2012
2
36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
Amazon emailed me yesterday to let me know that I saved $0.01 on my pre-order for Fuzz.

Raquel Welch is awesome! Saving money is awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunemoon View Post
Greetings from Amazon.ca.

You saved $6.12 with Amazon.ca's Pre-order Price Guarantee! The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Fuzz (1972) [Blu-ray]
Price on order date: $27.09
Price charged at shipping: $20.97
Lowest price before release date: $20.97
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $6.12
$6.12 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.
And thanks to the exchange rate these days, your $6.12 CDN savings is about the same as the other guy's penny.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:55 PM   #10216
Oscar Rothman Oscar Rothman is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2012
Hawaii
412
Default

great news on Barton. Any plans for Hot Shots 1 & 2 or they are with another label?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
drak b (10-28-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 09:59 PM   #10217
MisterLime MisterLime is offline
Kino Insider
 
Jun 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
Amazon emailed me yesterday to let me know that I saved $0.01 on my pre-order for Fuzz.

Raquel Welch is awesome! Saving money is awesome!
Yeah, I remember getting a two penny refund for Hooper
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
The Great Owl (10-28-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #10218
MisterLime MisterLime is offline
Kino Insider
 
Jun 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Rothman View Post
great news on Barton. Any plans for Hot Shots 1 & 2 or they are with another label?
These are no part of our current deal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:08 PM   #10219
Dunemoon Dunemoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
And thanks to the exchange rate these days, your $6.12 CDN savings is about the same as the other guy's penny.
More like $4.57 USD. Isn't math wonderful? Not for you obviously.
Qui Jyn Ben Han Luke The Millennium Falcon
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:49 PM   #10220
bipbop13 bipbop13 is offline
Power Member
 
bipbop13's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
Maine
1854
2461
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunemoon View Post
More like $4.57 USD. Isn't math wonderful? Not for you obviously.
wow. What a jerk response.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ArnoldLayne56 (10-28-2016), Edward J Grug III (10-28-2016), MifuneFan (10-28-2016), octagon (10-28-2016), RalphoR (10-28-2016)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:01 AM.