Best Anime Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
20 hrs ago
Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Monster Musume Everyday Life With Monster Girls: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Non Non Biyori: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.99

Sailor Moon Super S: Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Princess Principal: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 3 - Stardust Crusaders Battle in Egypt (Blu-ray)
$49.07
22 hrs ago
The Life of Budori Gusuko (Blu-ray)
$7.99
6 hrs ago
Hitorijime My Hero: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Armed Girl's Machiavellism: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 11-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #2261
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

lol
Old 11-13-2018, 09:40 PM   #2262
Expert Member

Nov 2017
US-OK
Universal Studios

Current binge & another series where started the first volume but never got around to finishing when it first came out for whatever reasons:

Thanks given by:
BWBODDY (11-13-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 02:05 AM   #2263

Oct 2014

Just started BTOOOM!!! 4 episodes in so far. Enjoying it. Reminds me a lot of Battle Royale.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:13 AM   #2264
Expert Member

May 2010
British Columbia

Watched Ep. 6 of Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai.

[Show spoiler]That situation between Koga and Sakuta was relatable as it gets. I just got out of an 8 year friendship recently where I was trying really hard to ignore my romantic feelings towards my "friend." A friend who, oddly enough, happened to be my senpai...LOL. Just like Koga I didn't want it to be true because I knew it would mess up the friendship. Pretending to be someone's friend when you really want more definitely feels like being stuck in a loop. This episode pretty much nailed that experience. I salute the storytellers behind Rascal.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:26 AM   #2265
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
Midwest, U.S.

I've been watching Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit on Hulu the past week, on a recommendation from a friend awhile back when I asked for adventure/fantasy shows with a strong female lead. About halfway through it now. It's been a little more down-paced than I was expecting but that's not a bad thing.

Good thing I started it when I did. Found out today it appears to be expiring off Hulu at the end of the month.
Thanks given by:
BWBODDY (11-19-2018), Nostalgic Twilight (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 02:05 AM   #2266
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2017
Bluegrass State

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaFox View Post
I've been watching Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit on Hulu the past week, on a recommendation from a friend awhile back when I asked for adventure/fantasy shows with a strong female lead. About halfway through it now. It's been a little more down-paced than I was expecting but that's not a bad thing.

Good thing I started it when I did. Found out today it appears to be expiring off Hulu at the end of the month.
I that one

It does move at it own pace, but it's so compelling that I never even notice it .
I really enjoy watching that one, watched it twice so far, and I have almost grabbed it off the shelf for yet
another rewatch a few times over the last few months.

I'm sure a rewatch will be coming very soon
Thanks given by:
Nostalgic Twilight (11-19-2018), SeaFox (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 02:10 AM   #2267
Power Member

Jan 2015
USA

Another huge Moribito fan here. I wish a producer in Japan would get up off their butt and animate the other novels as well.
Thanks given by:
BWBODDY (11-19-2018)
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #2268

Oct 2014

Just started Black Bullet. Three episodes in so far. Pretty fast paced. Trying to get through a lot of Sentai titles I have purchased lately.
Thanks given by:
BWBODDY (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #2269
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
Midwest, U.S.

Started a rewatch of The Irregular at Magic High School last night. Marathoned the first six episodes late at night.
Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM   #2270
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

Just a little funny anecdote, I'm not watching the show in question here- My Sister, My Writer- nor do I have any plans to, but I found this amusing.

In the staff list in the credits of Episode 6, an animator went under a pseudonym which roughly translates to "Honestly, I'm screwed." See the kanji 正直困太 (Shoujiki Komata) in the credits:

ANN reports that Episode 7 will be delayed, so it ironically fits in with the production of it.
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #2271
Power Member

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
Just a little funny anecdote, I'm not watching the show in question here- My Sister, My Writer- nor do I have any plans to, but I found this amusing.

In the staff list in the credits of Episode 6, an animator went under a pseudonym which roughly translates to "Honestly, I'm screwed." See the kanji 正直困太 (Shoujiki Komata) in the credits:

ANN reports that Episode 7 will be delayed, so it ironically fits in with the production of it.
I dropped that after 2 or so episodes, the animation was laughably bad (and the story wasn't much better) some examples

Can you say inconsistent?

Check out her floating mouth

I remember commenting in the CR forums that I can't believe the artists aren't embarrassed to be associated with this, I guess they are LOL

Last edited by kk1; Today at 12:35 AM.
Thanks given by:
professorwho (Today)
Old Today, 12:17 AM   #2272
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

Here's the thing- those are still frames. That doesn't necessarily mean bad animation. It's badly drawn, sure, but is it bad in motion? If so, then it is bad.

Poorly drawn background shots are common, but those look like foreground shots, right?

I just want to make sure I'm understanding it.
Old Today, 12:32 AM   #2273
Power Member

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
Here's the thing- those are still frames. That doesn't necessarily mean bad animation. It's badly drawn, sure, but is it bad in motion? If so, then it is bad.

Poorly drawn background shots are common, but those look like foreground shots, right?

I just want to make sure I'm understanding it.
Yes to all, watch an episode or two, it's really bad and I stopped watching before it got even worse. And the floating mouth isn't bad even in a still frame?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion