Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Final Fantasy VII: Remake (PS4)
$49.94

Marvel's Avengers (PS4)
$49.94

LEGO Marvel Collection (PS4)
$29.99

Days Gone (PS4)
$39.99

Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)
$19.99

Fallout 76 (PS4)
$17.00

Resident Evil 7 (PS4)
$19.99
18 hrs ago
LEGO DC Super-Villains (PS4)
$39.99
22 hrs ago
World War Z (PS4)
$33.84

God of War (PS4)
$19.99

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (PS4)
$19.99

The Sinking City (PS4)
$49.94
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 06-11-2019, 02:35 AM   #1
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb Watch Dogs Legion PS4

Watch Dogs: Legion
Available March 6, 2020.

Play as anyone in London, England.

Not sure if it's online only yet. Here's hoping for offline mode.
Thanks given by:
Al_The_Strange (06-13-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 03:37 AM   #2
Blu-ray Archduke

Sep 2010

I enjoyed both of the previous games, so definitely looking forward to this.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:11 AM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I like the play as any NPC.

Quite ambitious. I liked the army of grandmaís

Iíll probably get it at some point on sale.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:24 AM   #4
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Think I'll pass on this one.

Finished WD1 and didn't finish WD2.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

The whole "play as anyone" is a cool idea, but it points to a possible online multiplayer only game, knowing Ubisoft's last number of games have abandoned offline play. And no announcement of offline, so I'm not too hopeful that this will allow offline unless the team behind it really pushes for it, for the sake of preserving their game to be playable many years from now after the servers are gone.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

I never got to play WD2 but Watch_Dogs was an embarrassment of a downgrade imo. I platinumed it but such a shame that so much potential was wasted. Thank god for BC, i can catch up on PS4 games during PS5 gen.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
The whole "play as anyone" is a cool idea, but it points to a possible online multiplayer only game, knowing Ubisoft's last number of games have abandoned offline play. And no announcement of offline, so I'm not too hopeful that this will allow offline unless the team behind it really pushes for it, for the sake of preserving their game to be playable many years from now after the servers are gone.
where are you getting the online MP from? looks like a single player with permadeath, every time you die, you play as a different character

wasn't Zombi like that?
Old 06-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
where are you getting the online MP from? looks like a single player with permadeath, every time you die, you play as a different character

wasn't Zombi like that?
Ubisoft is known to have a few questionable games online. Wasn’t The Crew & the previous WD game Online? I believe so. Oh & can’t forget TC Wildlands even in SP.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 01:27 PM   #9
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Maybe if there is a PS5 version we will finally get a game that looks as good as the first demo of the original game
Old 06-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Hialeah, Fl

Until this day I still like Watch Dogs 1 and it still has great replay value because of the Online Hacking. It set the tone for what I thought the series would be with the.

I gave Watch Dogs 2 a fair chance and enjoyed my initial play through, but after a while, all that silly humor and the colorful and cheerful tone really began to annoy me. I lost interest in that game.

Watch Dogs Legion? From what I'm seeing in these trailers, the cover arts and all of that, this is not appealing to me at all and I'm not going to buy this game. Well maybe I'll give it a shot when it's down to $20 or so. I honestly don't like what I see, the futuristic setting, the lack of main character will kill any possible decent story. The playable NPC's just look like character selection, but you do so in the open world and they have some RPG stats. I can see the microtransactions lined up.

It's not my kind of game, easy pass for me. As for the previous WD games, they didn't require an Internet connection, unless you wanted to play the multi player. Although the multiplayer aspect was a big part of the first game at least, the second game had it as well, but it was brought down to 4 players max.

As others have said, I wouldn't be surprised if Legion is Online Only considering the choices Ubisoft has made lately.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #11
Power Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Maybe if there is a PS5 version we will finally get a game that looks as good as the first demo of the original game
Ooooh, Ubisoft and their downgrades.

That bullshit, along with the never ending rehashing and copy / paste style "game design" in just about everything they do is why I have mostly ignored them for a long time now. Easily one of the most boring, uninspired and mediocre-at-best game development / publishing companies out there, imo.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:21 PM   #12
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post

wasn't Zombi like that?
Based on how they took Ghost Recon Wildlands, which is playable offline, and with Ghost Recon Breakpoint, the sequel, they're forcing online only. Then when I see this new game, I just think of Ubisoft abandoning the single player experience so they can hope to have more people online to buy more online stuff. I hope I'm wrong, and that this game offers single player offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Ubisoft is known to have a few questionable games online. Wasnít The Crew & the previous WD game Online? I believe so. Oh & canít forget TC Wildlands even in SP.
Yes, Crew 1 and 2, could've easily been offline too, but they require online to play it. (I won't buy online only games since they eventually expire. I still play GTAIII on my PS2, and NES, SMS, Genesis games, Coleco, etc. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop_99 View Post
Until this day I still like Watch Dogs 1 and it still has great replay value because of the Online Hacking. It set the tone for what I thought the series would be with the.

I gave Watch Dogs 2 a fair chance and enjoyed my initial play through, but after a while, all that silly humor and the colorful and cheerful tone really began to annoy me. I lost interest in that game.

Watch Dogs Legion? From what I'm seeing in these trailers, the cover arts and all of that, this is not appealing to me at all and I'm not going to buy this game. Well maybe I'll give it a shot when it's down to $20 or so. I honestly don't like what I see, the futuristic setting, the lack of main character will kill any possible decent story. The playable NPC's just look like character selection, but you do so in the open world and they have some RPG stats. I can see the microtransactions lined up.

It's not my kind of game, easy pass for me. As for the previous WD games, they didn't require an Internet connection, unless you wanted to play the multi player. Although the multiplayer aspect was a big part of the first game at least, the second game had it as well, but it was brought down to 4 players max.

As others have said, I wouldn't be surprised if Legion is Online Only considering the choices Ubisoft has made lately.
I hear what you're saying.
If this game offers offline mode, then I'll play it for the open city of London, and the motorcycles and fun hacking skills. I do like the idea of playing as any character you want, but I want to be able to keep my favorite characters alive, so I would want to be able to reload if they die.

It seems like the game wants you to play as many characters, not one.

But I agree with your points on WD1. WD2 was too saturated and upbeat, when I was looking for something more like Chicago of WD1, and that great over the shoulder camera view, which was replaced for a further view in WD2. Hopping on a bike was fun but the view was so far away, it ruined the immersion for me by a lot, compared to the first game's better, closer view.

I don't know if they'll want to go back to some of what made the first game my preference, but I'll keep an open mind on this one, but definitely see the points your making. Especially with forcing online play potentially, so they can have players buy lots of costumes and stuff.

I'll need to see more to be more hopeful in this one. It looks interesting though.
Thanks given by:
Bishop_99 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 02:30 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Hialeah, Fl

That's right, I had completely forgotten about that awkward camera view in WD 2. That was another annoyance I had with it.
Thanks given by:
evoll (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:05 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Hialeah, Fl

https://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/..._with_footage/

The map seems to cover the same areas as Assassin's Creed Syndicate? Looks similar from what I remember the last time I played it.

I saw more game play today on Twitch from Ubisoft. It's really not my kind of game, although it's probably a creative effort for those that like the game.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:30 AM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

When Watch_Dogs was first announced. The concept was amazing imo. The idea of hackers taking control of and meddling with people in this ever connected digital age. It's just the execution seemed really bland and generic in the end. I think the story kind of suffered for the games animations in some areas ending up poor. The driving was really bad. That said, i thought the story itself if it had been done properly was actually an intriguing thing to explore. Especially now in a post Facebook era and where we're even more digitally than connected.

Personally, i think they're not going down that route again. That said, i think this will offer its own flavour of fun.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:35 AM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Hialeah, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
When Watch_Dogs was first announced. The concept was amazing imo. The idea of hackers taking control of and meddling with people in this ever connected digital age. It's just the execution seemed really bland and generic in the end. I think the story kind of suffered for the games animations in some areas ending up poor. The driving was really bad. That said, i thought the story itself if it had been done properly was actually an intriguing thing to explore. Especially now in a post Facebook era and where we're even more digitally than connected.

Personally, i think they're not going down that route again. That said, i think this will offer its own flavour of fun.
Yes each entry has been a reboot and it's trying to find it's place I guess.

The release date they gave it will bring it up next to a lot of competition, especially once Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. I'm not sure how it that will work out in the end.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:41 AM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Think I'll pass on this one.

Finished WD1 and didn't finish WD2.
Same with me, I didn't like the hacking in the second.
Thanks given by:
Bishop_99 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

The only thing that appeals to me about this game is the virtual (if slightly futuristic) rendering of London to play around in. But I ignored the previous two, so I'm only likely to pick this up when it's on sale. Like under 9.99 cheap.
Thanks given by:
Autumn Shroud (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:35 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
The only thing that appeals to me about this game is the virtual (if slightly futuristic) rendering of London to play around in. But I ignored the previous two, so I'm only likely to pick this up when it's on sale. Like under 9.99 cheap.
Ubisoft games usually drop in price pretty quickly so we shouldn't have to wait too long before it's on sale for a decent price
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:59 PM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Shroud View Post
Ooooh, Ubisoft and their downgrades.

That bullshit, along with the never ending rehashing and copy / paste style "game design" in just about everything they do is why I have mostly ignored them for a long time now. Easily one of the most boring, uninspired and mediocre-at-best game development / publishing companies out there, imo.
I think ubisoft games are good in small doses, meaning I only get 1 or 2 installments of their main games in a single generation

for example this gen I bought: Assassin's Creed Origins, Far Cry Primal and The Division, and had blast with all of them, Origins was probably my favorite game that year, and I put +100 hours in The Division
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4