Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Dexter, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99
7 hrs ago
Mad Men, Seasons 1-7 (iTunes)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
Dawn of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
How I Met Your Mother, Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99
7 hrs ago
The Daniel Craig Collection (iTunes)
$24.99

Penny Dreadful, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
Masters of Sex: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99
7 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99

Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures (iTunes)
$24.99

Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99
7 hrs ago
Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 06-10-2019, 07:14 PM   #681

Apr 2017
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiffy View Post
It depends on how you access the show. If you go through the "Library" section, you'll get the entire show as if it was one large season. But if you enter through your watch list or the search function, the show will be presented to you in separate seasons. Apparently the app is smart enough to map the episodes from the complete series packs to per-season episodes. At least that's how it works for the complete series packs that I own (Sopranos, The Wire, 24, and X-Files)
Yep you’re right, now you’ve mentioned it I remember noticing this the other day that it all depends on where you’re looking.
For me I mostly see one long season.
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #682
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
It depends on how you access the show. If you go through the "Library" section, you'll get the entire show as if it was one large season. But if you enter through your watch list or the search function, the show will be presented to you in separate seasons. Apparently the app is smart enough to map the episodes from the complete series packs to per-season episodes. At least that's how it works for the complete series packs that I own (Sopranos, The Wire, 24, and X-Files)
I should have had that in my post - that I was looking via the search.

Is it a pain to find to find particular episode like that?

It was actually the complete Twilight Zone that I got the refund for because I took one look at it and knew I'd never be able to find certain episodes. Especially when the title isn't visible.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:24 PM   #683
Special Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post

No, it's the same as if you had the individual seasons. Basically when you go through the search function or watch list, you don't even know where the episodes come from (i.e. purchased season or complete series, or even one of the channel subscriptions).

Edit: This is incorrect (see below)

Last edited by Fiffy; 06-10-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:30 PM   #684

Apr 2017
UK

Quote:

It was actually the complete Twilight Zone that I got the refund for because I took one look at it and knew I'd never be able to find certain episodes. Especially when the title isn't visible.
If you know what episodes they are just ask Siri to play the name of the episode and it will play it.
But then if you’re already watching a boxset in order then just use the up next as it keeps track of what’s next.
Thanks given by:
Old 06-10-2019, 07:31 PM   #685
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
No, it's the same as if you had the individual seasons. Basically when you go through the search function or watch list, you don't even know where the episodes come from (i.e. purchased season or complete series, or even one of the channel subscriptions).
I don't understand.

Are we talking about different things?
Old 06-10-2019, 07:33 PM   #686
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
If you know what episodes they are just ask Siri to play the name of the episode and it will play it..
I didn't know Siri could that.

That is giving too much power to the Machines
Old 06-10-2019, 07:41 PM   #687
Special Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
I don't understand.

Are we talking about different things?
Actually after some testing I have to take back what I wrote earlier. The TV app *does not* understand that you own a specific episode of a specific season if you have purchased the complete series pack. You may still be able to play it from watch list or search result, but it will source it from a channel subscription or launch a linked app to play it. I just tested this by trying to play an X-Files episode (I own the complete series pack on iTunes). Instead of streaming directly in the TV app, it will launch the Hulu app.

Interestingly, it even knows about shows available on Netflix even though the Netflix app does not integrate with the TV app ...
Thanks given by:
Old 06-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #688
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Actually after some testing I have to take back what I wrote earlier. The TV app *does not* understand that you own a specific episode of a specific season if you have purchased the complete series pack. You may still be able to play it from watch list or search result, but it will source it from a channel subscription or launch a linked app to play it. I just tested this by trying to play an X-Files episode (I own the complete series pack on iTunes). Instead of streaming directly in the TV app, it will launch the Hulu app.

Interestingly, it even knows about shows available on Netflix even though the Netflix app does not integrate with the TV app ...
I did see something like that in the old app when I tried it once. It asked if I wanted it in Netflix or iTunes even though I had bought it in iTunes.

And in the new app on some shows it doesn't offer iTunes as an option unless you go to episodes.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:08 PM   #689
Special Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

I wish there was an option to browse *only* things that you have already access to (either by purchase or active subscription). But I guess they want to sell us more stuff ...
Old 06-11-2019, 04:12 PM   #690

Nov 2012
Canada
Canada Canadian iTunes Store

Well, altogether I spent about the better half of the day on Friday on the phone with iTunes tech support to try to get the images in the store and on my wishlist restored to no avail. Only to get a new computer on Saturday and find out the iTunes store is still greying out images. So all in all I figure it's not on my end but on iTunes end. You'd think these techs would know this!

I'm really miffed.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:43 PM   #691
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukie View Post
Well, altogether I spent about the better half of the day on Friday on the phone with iTunes tech support to try to get the images in the store and on my wishlist restored to no avail. Only to get a new computer on Saturday and find out the iTunes store is still greying out images. So all in all I figure it's not on my end but on iTunes end. You'd think these techs would know this!

I'm really miffed.
Did you confirm you were speaking to iTunes technical support ?

Most live chats and phone call to iTunes support will put you through to billing regardless of the options you pick. And the agents usually don't identify themselves as the billing department. They act as though they can help when all they are doing is delaying you.

I always ask before the conversation gets going. Sometimes they even trry to avoid telling me so I have to insist.
Thanks given by:
Sukie (06-12-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 08:40 PM   #692

Nov 2007
DFW, TX

Is anyone having issues with Batman not passing the 8 second mark in iTunes on the Mac or Windows since the 4k upgrade?
Old 06-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #693
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
Is anyone having issues with Batman not passing the 8 second mark in iTunes on the Mac or Windows since the 4k upgrade?
I can't check my Mac but it seems fine on AppleTV.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:10 PM   #694
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

I've seen a few of those cases of wrong artwork.

Some Spanish on the US TV app and on the Irish the Taken 3 art has Deadpool and the 2005 Fantastic Four has the art from the reboot.

On a related note, the Tim Story ones - do the extras or extended version of the first film add anything to the movies? They are only €2 each and I was about to click buy but I can't remember if I like them.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:32 PM   #695
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

The extended versions of Taken and Taken 2 atre on the Irish iTunes Store but do not show on the TV app.

Is any other country getting that for these or other movies?
Old 06-12-2019, 02:38 AM   #696

Nov 2012
Canada

Quote:
Did you confirm you were speaking to iTunes technical support ?

Definitely!

After deleting and reinstalling, unplugging modem and whatnot NADA. Now new computer still NADA.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:09 AM   #697

Dec 2012
GTA Ontario

Warning for people with Canadian iTunes. Looks like Eone/ Alliance has started to loose licenses and some movies are going back to the proper studios. The Lord of the Rings is how WB so if you bought them before there will be no eventual 4k upgrade. Also, both John Wicks have gone back to Lionsgate, thankfully we still have 4k for those two.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:05 AM   #698

Nov 2007
DFW, TX

Godzilla (1998) is missing the english subtitles when the characters are speaking in french in the hospital scene. This issue is from the 8 minute 12 seconds mark to the 9 minutes mark.

Last edited by Kage; 06-13-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:11 AM   #699

Nov 2012
Canada
Default The Golden Child

Tried to play The Golden Child today. It plays one second of the movie and that is all. I don't know if this is affected in all stores, but even the rental doesn't play in the Canadian store.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #700
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukie View Post
Tried to play The Golden Child today. It plays one second of the movie and that is all. I don't know if this is affected in all stores, but even the rental doesn't play in the Canadian store.
I bought Taken last night and watched the abduction scene before going to bed.

The movie was playing and then suddenly it was on the information page for the film on the TV app.

I don't if this the same as what you are experiencing or I hit the remote by accident.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes