Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bad Boys I & II 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
13 hrs ago
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Blu-ray)
$4.99
16 hrs ago
RED 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Predator (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Meg (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Lucifer: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$25.15

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$26.42

The Hitman's Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
$9.99

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Sailor Moon Super S: Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.37

Goosebumps (Blu-ray)
$7.99
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 05-29-2018, 01:53 AM   #27681
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
Howdy Wabo, what have you done with DangeRuss?!?

Get some cold ones in today buddy!
How's it hanging, SD?

Had a great weekend and have the sunburn to prove it. How was yours? You do anything exciting? Catch any flicks? Some big movies out. Solo and Deadpool2.

Lol. Ol' DangeRuss must have found The Factor's farm and the two of them are planting crops.

Was kicking back today and just like that the storm clouds rolled in. It went from a balmy 99į to 81į in a matter of minutes. #Nature

When life gives you limesÖ make margaritas
Old 06-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #27682
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Technology has made the bulky projector obsolete, opening up screening rooms to new designs: "Everybody is traumatized by those ugly seats" from the '80s.
Installing a status amenity means never being told that it has an expiration date. Case in point: home theaters.

“In the ’80s, overhead projectors were a huge ‘wow’ factor,” says Brian Gadson, a top L.A. audio-visual technician who did Patricia Heaton’s installation. Advancements in video and sound technology have removed the bulky projector, changing the look and feel of the space.

“Everybody seems to be traumatized by those old screening rooms with the ugly seats and all that black leather,” says Kishani Perera, an L.A.-based designer who has worked with Ben Stiller, Rachel Bilson and Harry Styles.

Now boxy chairs are being replaced by velvet and silk sofas. “People are saying, ‘Even though we are spending over $1 million on a screening room, we don’t want it to look like that,’” says Perera. “They want it to be more of an extension of the home.”

A. MASSIVE PROJECTOR
Back in the days of film, homeowners needed to sync up at least two stationary 16mm projectors to show full-length features. “Those are really big and really hot,” says Gadson, who has been installing theaters for industry clients for 30 years. “In the ’80s, we were still living with VHS, Betamax and DVDs; it was all about how many racks of equipment you had.”

B. BOXY SEATING
Sunken, La-Z-Boy-like chairs, staggered by risers for democratic viewing, have been the uniform of screening rooms since the ’80s. Aesthetics weren’t as high a priority due to “light seepage”: Projectors required a near blackout setting, making design elements secondary.

C. HIDDEN SCREEN
In this home theater owned by an industry executive and built in 2017, an 8-by-12-foot screen drops down in front of the bookshelves at the push of a button. More importantly, the screen can be hidden from view when homeowners want to do a little more “chilling” with the family and a little less Netflixing. “There is a slit in the ceiling where it drops down,” says Perera.

D. LIBRARY, WET BAR OR SALON?
Streamlined technology that takes up far less space than the old projectors has allowed designers to include a host of new amenities — wet bars are a popular option — and more diverse design elements, like bookshelves, sofas and wood paneling. “The built-ins were a deep ashy gray-tobacco combination,” says Perera.

E. AUDIO IS PART OF THE AESTHETIC
In the early 2000s, built-in, flush-mounted speakers were a massive improvement over the bulky stand-alone speakers that had been the norm. Coupled with colored sound panels, speakers can be incorporated into more lush and cozy environments by designers without sacrificing sound quality. “We wanted a well-worn feel,” says Perera.
Source - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...edium=referral
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:54 AM   #27683
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
You redoing your HT room? Going stealth?

You're my boy, Blue! Saw that new dinosaur movie tonight. I give it 3 Goldblums out of 5.
[Show spoiler]

Old 06-24-2018, 02:56 AM   #27684
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Heh I don't have a HT, my poor 30 4ks don't get much love since I'm still on the "poor college student" budget. First big purchase I'm going to make once I'm a therapist is a HT, so a 60"+ TV and a 4k player with a sound system.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:15 AM   #27685
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Southern New Mexico

Hey Wabo buddy, I read you got yourself an AV8805. Congrats! How do you like it? Currently Iím still slumming it with the AV8801. Itís starting to act up a bit though, Audyssey is not working correctly. So I may be replacing it with something else. Thing is I will most likely wait to buy a unit with HDMI 2.1 pre installed from the factory. I know Marantz is offering anyone who buys an AV8805 a free upgrade to HDMI 2.1, but the idea of having to ship the unit isnít something I relish.

So what I have been very tempted to do, is re-install the mighty Denon AVP for now. The only reason I ever took it out of my system was due to lip sync adjustability on 3D Blu-rayís. If I had been able to adjust the mismatched audio on 3D Blu-rayís I never would have purchased the Marantz.

The Denon has been stored in its original box in a climate controlled room that stays 73 degrees year around. But it hasnít been used in 5 1/2 years, so I hope all is still working well. When I took it out back then it was functionally perfect, so weíll see.

Itís really too bad that Denon is out of the separates business. A behemoth like the AVP-A1HDCI with current cutting edge tech would have been awesome!
Old 06-27-2018, 05:34 PM   #27686
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepherman View Post
Hey Wabo buddy, I read you got yourself an AV8805. Congrats! How do you like it? Currently Iím still slumming it with the AV8801. Itís starting to act up a bit though, Audyssey is not working correctly. So I may be replacing it with something else. Thing is I will most likely wait to buy a unit with HDMI 2.1 pre installed from the factory. I know Marantz is offering anyone who buys an AV8805 a free upgrade to HDMI 2.1, but the idea of having to ship the unit isnít something I relish.

So what I have been very tempted to do, is re-install the mighty Denon AVP for now. The only reason I ever took it out of my system was due to lip sync adjustability on 3D Blu-rayís. If I had been able to adjust the mismatched audio on 3D Blu-rayís I never would have purchased the Marantz.

The Denon has been stored in its original box in a climate controlled room that stays 73 degrees year around. But it hasnít been used in 5 1/2 years, so I hope all is still working well. When I took it out back then it was functionally perfect, so weíll see.

Itís really too bad that Denon is out of the separates business. A behemoth like the AVP-A1HDCI with current cutting edge tech would have been awesome!
The Zeph is in da house!

How ya been, amigo? Great to hear from you. How has your summer been treating you? It's funny, I was just thinking about you the other day and was hoping everything is going well for you.

I read about your 8801 troubles over on the AVP thread on that other forum. It's always frustrating when gear starts to go. But you have one world class backup. Have you hooked it all up yet? It's gotta be like sliding into your favorite pair of slippers.

Yes, I do have the 8805 and I can whole heartedly recommend it. It's a beast. The new Audyssey app is pretty slick too.

You may find the old Denon does everything you need and does it so well you don't need to buy a new processor.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:47 PM   #27687
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Southern New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
The Zeph is in da house!

How ya been, amigo? Great to hear from you. How has your summer been treating you? It's funny, I was just thinking about you the other day and was hoping everything is going well for you.

I read about your 8801 troubles over on the AVP thread on that other forum. It's always frustrating when gear starts to go. But you have one world class backup. Have you hooked it all up yet? It's gotta be like sliding into your favorite pair of slippers.

Yes, I do have the 8805 and I can whole heartedly recommend it. It's a beast. The new Audyssey app is pretty slick too.

You may find the old Denon does everything you need and does it so well you don't need to buy a new processor.
Been doing ok, can’t complain. Nice to know you were curious how I was doing. Thanks. Summer here so far has been brutal, been having highs around 107. I can only imagine what late July is going to be like. But enduring a blistering summer will be okay if we have another mild winter. I guess we’ll see. Any big plans for the 4th?

Yeah it sucks when AV gear starts acting up. I always try to keep a functioning back up with most things AV. I haven’t put the big Denon AVP back in the system, but if I’m feeling ambitious enough, I just may attempt it over the weekend. If not it’ll most likely have to wait until the following weekend.

The AV8805 does look like a very nice unit. How would you say it compares to the Denon AVP flexibility wise? Does it have a dedicated 2 channel music menu letting the user adjust the L/R mains plus subs separately from the multi-channel surround settings? How is the build quality as compared to the AV8801? Are the front left and right ends still plastic? Can one adjust speaker levels on the fly, without having to go into the menu?

Can one listen to 2 channel music in say Direct mode with main+LFE? And are those 2 channel settings separate from the settings and levels on say a Blu-ray with Audyssey engaged?

With the AV8801 when in stereo, direct, or pure direct modes, the subwoofer levels would have to be adjusted. Then when going back to Audyssey for movie watching, the sub levels would again need to be changed. If I left Audyssey on for everything, then I wouldn’t have to mess with anything. But I’m a bit of a purist when it comes to 2 channel. So I personally prefer Audyssey off when listening to 2 channel.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:51 PM   #27688
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Been doing ok, canít complain. Nice to know you were curious how I was doing. Thanks. Summer here so far has been brutal, been having highs around 107. I can only imagine what late July is going to be like. But enduring a blistering summer will be okay if we have another mild winter. I guess weíll see. Any big plans for the 4th?

Yeah it sucks when AV gear starts acting up. I always try to keep a functioning back up with most things AV. I havenít put the big Denon AVP back in the system, but if Iím feeling ambitious enough, I just may attempt it over the weekend. If not itíll most likely have to wait until the following weekend.

The AV8805 does look like a very nice unit. How would you say it compares to the Denon AVP flexibility wise? Does it have a dedicated 2 channel music menu letting the user adjust the L/R mains plus subs separately from the multi-channel surround settings? How is the build quality as compared to the AV8801? Are the front left and right ends still plastic? Can one adjust speaker levels on the fly, without having to go into the menu?

Can one listen to 2 channel music in say Direct mode with main+LFE? And are those 2 channel settings separate from the settings and levels on say a Blu-ray with Audyssey engaged?

With the AV8801 when in stereo, direct, or pure direct modes, the subwoofer levels would have to be adjusted. Then when going back to Audyssey for movie watching, the sub levels would again need to be changed. If I left Audyssey on for everything, then I wouldnít have to mess with anything. But Iím a bit of a purist when it comes to 2 channel. So I personally prefer Audyssey off when listening to 2 channel.
That's some heatwave you're experiencing. Thank goodness for climate control. It's been a pretty pleasant summer here. Although it's gonna get into the upper 90's today. With humidity it's a bit unpleasant. But with cold beer and the aforementioned climate control it's all good.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say I haven't really used the 8805 for 2-channel listening. And haven't dug into what it can/can't do. Sorry, amigo.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:24 PM   #27689
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

TCL 65R615 & 55P605 4K/DV/HDR10 & 49S405 4K/HDR10
NAS-4tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 93, Philips 7501 & 7502 players
Marantz AV7702MKII Pre/Pro; NR-1607 receiver; Audioquest XLR & RCA interconnects, iFi iDSD DAC & iUSB, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3!
Emotiva XSP-1, XPA-5, UPA-2, UPA-200/700,mini-x Amp, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub/Ultra Sub 12
Polk Audio SDA-2 & Monitor 10A/5A Peerless Tweeters
ATMOS/DTS:X 7.1.4/5.1.2 NYGIANTS!
Old 06-29-2018, 10:47 PM   #27690
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Southern New Mexico

Quote:
That's some heatwave you're experiencing. Thank goodness for climate control. It's been a pretty pleasant summer here. Although it's gonna get into the upper 90's today. With humidity it's a bit unpleasant. But with cold beer and the aforementioned climate control it's all good.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say I haven't really used the 8805 for 2-channel listening. And haven't dug into what it can/can't do. Sorry, amigo.
Yeah, itís been scorching hot down here. But fortunately itís going to drop a bit in a week. Supposed to be in the mid 90ís.. Yes with these temps, climate control is a necessity.

No worries on not using the 8805 for 2 channel. Iíve had my 8801 for 5 1/2 years, and for the last 4 1/2 I havenít listened to 2 channel through it. For me the 8801 just didnít have the same magic as the AVP for 2 channel.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #27691
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Speaking of popcorn, you see that new dinosaur movie yet?
Old 06-30-2018, 04:15 PM   #27692
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Yeah, itís been scorching hot down here. But fortunately itís going to drop a bit in a week. Supposed to be in the mid 90ís.. Yes with these temps, climate control is a necessity.

No worries on not using the 8805 for 2 channel. Iíve had my 8801 for 5 1/2 years, and for the last 4 1/2 I havenít listened to 2 channel through it. For me the 8801 just didnít have the same magic as the AVP for 2 channel.
Yesterday was brutal here with the high dew points. Supposed to have thunderstorms moving in later today.

Did the Oppo DV update last night. It's a beautiful thing. Now I can't decide if this pic is blurry because of the phone or the rum and Cokes. I'm gonna blame the phone.

Thanks given by:
RageATL (07-27-2018), solarrdadd (06-30-2018)
Old 06-30-2018, 10:15 PM   #27693
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Southern New Mexico

Quote:
Yesterday was brutal here with the high dew points. Supposed to have thunderstorms moving in later today.

Did the Oppo DV update last night. It's a beautiful thing. Now I can't decide if this pic is blurry because of the phone or the rum and Cokes. I'm gonna blame the phone.

Yep, a high dew point can make things just a bit uncomfortable. Here, although scorching, has been a very dry heat, so it doesnít feel like youíre walking around in a greenhouse.

Awesome on the DV update! Iíll bet it looks stunning! How are you enjoying your Sony 940E btw? I wish I had purchased an Oppo 203 when they were still available. Bummer that Oppo is now out of the Blu-ray/4K Blu-ray businesses. They made the best players.

About the only player that might keep that high level of performance is Panasonicís soon to be released flagship 4K player that will have HDR10+ and DV. But itís still unclear if that player will even be available here in the U.S.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:17 AM   #27694
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Yep, a high dew point can make things just a bit uncomfortable. Here, although scorching, has been a very dry heat, so it doesnít feel like youíre walking around in a greenhouse.

Awesome on the DV update! Iíll bet it looks stunning! How are you enjoying your Sony 940E btw? I wish I had purchased an Oppo 203 when they were still available. Bummer that Oppo is now out of the Blu-ray/4K Blu-ray businesses. They made the best players.

About the only player that might keep that high level of performance is Panasonicís soon to be released flagship 4K player that will have HDR10+ and DV. But itís still unclear if that player will even be available here in the U.S.
Unless you're getting a Samsung and stream only Amazon, HDR10+ is dead. Save your money and get the Sony x700 player. It's reasonably priced and does Dolby Vision.
[Show spoiler]

Old 07-01-2018, 05:42 AM   #27695
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Southern New Mexico

While I would rather go with a Sony or LG OLED for the main theater room, I haven’t ruled out Samsung. I will NOT buy one of their QLED TV’s, as they are some of the worst TV’s. But their micro LED TV tech looks promising. Nothing is currently available with that technology, but I’m waiting to see what they offer next year.

Whatever I do get, it’s got to be no smaller than 85” and be HDMI 2.1 compliant. So as far as UHD players with HDR10+ go, I’d rather have and not need than need and not have.

Last edited by zepherman; 07-01-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:34 PM   #27696
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Twinkies now 10-10 in their last 20 games after a 9-2 home stand. I still think they'll miss the play-offs since they can't win on the road and they suck out loud when they suck. Plus I can't remember the last time they were above .500.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #27697
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Twinkies now 10-10 in their last 20 games after a 9-2 home stand. I still think they'll miss the play-offs since they can't win on the road and they suck out loud when they suck. Plus I can't remember the last time they were above .500.
All I see are walk off grand slams. #Winning
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (07-16-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 10:23 PM   #27698
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2016
oHIo

Bartender......? I'll take a bloody mary!
2016 - 2018 BluFans VIP

Follow Dang Refs Sports on Facebook and @DangRefs on Twitter!! or at our website!

Go Buckeyes, Bruins, Lions, Indians, Cavs

4K TV: LG 60UH6035 | 4K Player: LGUP870
Old 08-19-2018, 11:52 PM   #27699
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

TCL 65R615 & 55P605 4K/DV/HDR10 & 49S405 4K/HDR10
NAS-4tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 93, Philips 7501 & 7502 players
Marantz AV7702MKII Pre/Pro; NR-1607 receiver; Audioquest XLR & RCA interconnects, iFi iDSD DAC & iUSB, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3!
Emotiva XSP-1, XPA-5, UPA-2, UPA-200/700,mini-x Amp, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub/Ultra Sub 12
Polk Audio SDA-2 & Monitor 10A/5A Peerless Tweeters
ATMOS/DTS:X 7.1.4/5.1.2 NYGIANTS!
Old 08-20-2018, 12:02 AM   #27700
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizCat View Post
Bartender......? I'll take a bloody mary!
This round is on me Batman. Make sure you get it extra bloody in preparation of Sharknado 6 tonight.

Quote:
Got a nice little Saturday surprise yesterday.
[Show spoiler]Deadpool 2 and a deep dish. #Winning

Thanks given by:
RageATL (08-20-2018), solarrdadd (08-20-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries