Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Wildlife (Blu-ray)
$29.49
9 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

First Reformed (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26
16 hrs ago
Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Scorsese Shorts (Blu-ray)
$36.64
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia

Old 11-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #41

Dec 2009

can anybody recommend an online retailer for these that ships to the u.s.? recordshopx doesn't have them and neither cdon.fi or discshop.fi will ship to america.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:30 PM   #42

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurples View Post
can anybody recommend an online retailer for these that ships to the u.s.? recordshopx doesn't have them and neither cdon.fi or discshop.fi will ship to america.
After buying 9 titles from recordshopx, I couldn't find anywhere to get the remaining 8. Recordshopx told me they wouldn't be getting them again, so I wrote the distributor (Futurefilm) and asked if they knew of a shop that would ship outside Finland. They in turn asked Discshop if they could make an exception for me, and Discshop obliged. I paid for the discs by bank transfer.
Now, I happen to live in Denmark. That most likely made things easier, since it is figuratively right around the corner from Finland, but if you haven't already done so, I would suggest you try to contact Futurefilm (info (at) futurefilm.fi) and/or Discshop (asiakaspalvelu (at) discshop.fi).
Thanks given by:
jurples (11-16-2015), nitin (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 06:50 AM   #43

Dec 2009

thanks, i'll give it a shot.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #44

Nov 2008
Germany

Can anyone recommend any shops where you can buy the Kaurismäki Blu-ray discs, when you're in Helsinki? Best would be somewhere around the city center.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #45

Dec 2015
Helsinki, Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobaFett View Post
Can anyone recommend any shops where you can buy the Kaurismäki Blu-ray discs, when you're in Helsinki? Best would be somewhere around the city center.
The cheapest way would be ordering them beforehand from anttila.com (their search function is not great, you'll find nothing with simple "Aki Kaurismäki" and have to search the movies with their original names) and choosing pick-up from one of their central stores, for example Kamppi center. You could also visit a film store (like Filmihullu in Kamppi), but that tends to be a far more expensive alternative.
Thanks given by:
BobaFett (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #46

Nov 2008
Germany

Thank you VONi! I didn't have enough time left in advance and I'm not sure if ordering from anttila.com for store pick-up would have been possible for someone not from Finland anyway. But I visited Filmihullu where I got a couple of Kaurismäki BDs.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:33 PM   #47
karriaa

Old thread, but now that Anttila has filed for bankruptcy I would recommend all the fans to look out for other online retailers. Very few deliver to US, but some do. Amazon.com has some of his movies. Happy hunting to all Kaurismäki fans out there!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia