Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$41.99
22 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
10 hrs ago
The Dallas Connection (Blu-ray)
$11.99
22 hrs ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.32
1 hr ago
Enemy Gold (Blu-ray)
$11.99
22 hrs ago
The Man from the Alamo / They Came to Cordura (Blu-ray)
$11.99
22 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99
19 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Hollywood Story / New Orleans Uncensored (Blu-ray)
$11.99
22 hrs ago
Dance, Girl, Dance (Blu-ray)
$29.49
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #81

Jun 2007
Lynchburg Va
Angry

I'm so tired of hearing how Wal-mart destroyed this town or this town. They do no such thing. Any time you walk in to one they are always packed and they create way more jobs then any a town might lose cause they come there. It's nothing but a bunch of union f**ks whining cause Wal-mart won't join. Many years ago when 7 11 started people whined that they were going to run the mom and pops out of business but I'm sure all of you stop at convenient stores just about everyday. If the mom and pops want to stay in business they either have to lower their prices or become more specialized and give better customer service then what you can get at the big box retailers.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:35 AM   #82

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by japuva View Post
I'm so tired of hearing how Wal-mart destroyed this town or this town. They do no such thing. Any time you walk in to one they are always packed and they create way more jobs then any a town might lose cause they come there. It's nothing but a bunch of union f**ks whining cause Wal-mart won't join. Many years ago when 7 11 started people whined that they were going to run the mom and pops out of business but I'm sure all of you stop at convenient stores just about everyday. If the mom and pops want to stay in business they either have to lower their prices or become more specialized and give better customer service then what you can get at the big box retailers.
Yah they create shitty jobs with shitty pay, and demean their employees with things like the morning pep cheer. Im sorry but Wal mart moved into my town and within that year, at least 10 small businesses closed down. The reality is that mom and pop stores cant compete with their prices because they use underhanded tactics to get those low prices. Just because your town is fine, dont come in here talking shit like we are wrong. Wal mart destroyed my parents office supply store that they had been running succesfully in my town for 17 years, they just cant compete with a giant like Wal Mart. Even with better customer service people eventually migrate to the lowest prices, unless you find a niche with convenience as well. Now you see people that used to run successful businesses to support their families wearing bibs working for $8 an hour collecting carts so that the wal mart owners can buy another mansion. Get off your high horse and realize that this is reality.

Thanks given by:
DA1745 (12-02-2015)
Old 03-14-2008, 12:39 AM   #83
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Calgary, AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by japuva View Post
You're kidding right? Do you realise how many small stores every single walmart puts out of business? Do you really think walmarts wages are as high as the smaller shops?

Also, it should be blatantly obvious that a store that sells a huge variety of products/services would require less employess than several small stores catering to specific products/services.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:47 AM   #84
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Austin, TX

As long as we're playing "nice", let us not forget that it was a scanned coupon what ultimately led to thousands and thousands of visits to this site back in November.

For those of you that have recently joined us, I am talking about the (in)famous 20% off almost-everything coupon that KMart had made available to use the weeks prior to Thanksgiving week. That coupon was posted here, where people were printing it like crazy and using it to buy a PS3 (or multiple) and saving some cash for other stuff like movies, accesories, games and whatnot. The thread ultimately was posted on Digg where it spread like wildfire.

The result was the highest number of visitors this site has ever received at one point. For proof simply go to the main forums page and look at the bottom of the page, where it shows the daily visitors stats and it shows that famous date in which more than 10K people were here at the same time. Heck, some of you here didn't even know about this site until that very same day.

So yeah, it sucks but let's not forget where we came from because its either ban all coupons or none. After all, don't tell me you wouldn't take advantage of such discount if it was offered for your favorite article, whether it was a car, a wig, or a stereo system.

Last edited by Living Near Shamu; 03-14-2008 at 12:50 AM.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:50 AM   #85
Special Member

Jan 2008
Huntington Beach, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Near Shamu View Post
because its either ban all coupons or none.
Whoa now.... thats just crazy talk

Old 03-14-2008, 12:51 AM   #86
Banned

Jan 2008
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Whoa now.... thats just crazy talk
basically have to. I think its banned because alot of people were upset they couldnt use the coupon

Old 03-14-2008, 12:55 AM   #87
Special Member

Jan 2008
Huntington Beach, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU for Blue View Post
basically have to. I think its banned because alot of people were upset they couldnt use the coupon
Like I said I am all for whatever the mods decide to do. Just make it consistent that is all I ask.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:56 AM   #88

Jun 2007

Well
since we do come here for deals and we now have coupons which i see as deals taken away

can someone point me to another site where these coupons are allowed and posted so I can go there and look for them

thanks

Old 03-14-2008, 12:57 AM   #89
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007
san die ego

man being honest sucks sometimes

Old 03-14-2008, 12:57 AM   #90
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007
Reducing Your Planet To A Burned Out Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lee87 View Post
this is so stupid lets all cry because someone is making $10 off a multi billion dollar company, WM wipes their *** with hundred dollar bills $10 isnt going to kill them
Ya Ok I guess in your world theft is ok so if I would steal some of your money thats ok with you then let me know

Old 03-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #91
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

If the coupon is scan and put on a site ANYBODY can do a print out of it and take it to a store and use it, its not just us that's doing this but a lot of other people out there.

Is scanning a coupon for 10.00 really bad for Wal-Mart or Best Buy would make them going bankrupt...I don't think so. I am sure that the retailers know that there is a 10.00 coupon out there that people will bring in BUT they need to tell there employee's that only original is accepted not a photo copy.

I used the coupon for 10.00 for No Country For Old Men and it was a print out I made from this same site,I went to the self check out at Walmart and the cashier who was in charge of the self check out at the time came over to check the sale for the movie and I showed her the coupon,she actually scan it and it was accepted no problems.
Same thing when you do your grocery shopping you look for coupons online, print them out and take them to the supermarket with you.
The one that people photo shop are the one the mods should police and the members should be suspended.That's the illegal one.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:01 AM   #92
Banned

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticmode View Post
Well
since we do come here for deals and we now have coupons which i see as deals taken away

can someone point me to another site where these coupons are allowed and posted so I can go there and look for them

thanks
I agree...anyone other sites out there? Without being to post such coupons there really is no use for this site......I could care less for some mod's review about the PQ/AQ of a junk film..

Old 03-14-2008, 01:04 AM   #93
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinstraka8282 View Post
Yah they create shitty jobs with shitty pay, and demean their employees with things like the morning pep cheer. Im sorry but Wal mart moved into my town and within that year, at least 10 small businesses closed down. The reality is that mom and pop stores cant compete with their prices because they use underhanded tactics to get those low prices. Just because your town is fine, dont come in here talking shit like we are wrong. Wal mart destroyed my parents office supply store that they had been running succesfully in my town for 17 years, they just cant compete with a giant like Wal Mart. Even with better customer service people eventually migrate to the lowest prices, unless you find a niche with convenience as well. Now you see people that used to run successful businesses to support their families wearing bibs working for $8 an hour collecting carts so that the wal mart owners can buy another mansion. Get off your high horse and realize that this is reality.
Well since most wal marts have a very small office supply section to there stores the one near me is 1 WHOLE isle your family store must have been very tiny and I guess office max or staples had nothing to do with it either Right ????

Last edited by GORT; 03-14-2008 at 01:10 AM.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:08 AM   #94
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_A51 View Post
You're kidding right? Do you realise how many small stores every single walmart puts out of business? Do you really think walmarts wages are as high as the smaller shops?

Also, it should be blatantly obvious that a store that sells a huge variety of products/services would require less employess than several small stores catering to specific products/services.
Ya it really sucks to find almost everything you need in one stop I know I just love to drive all over town with gas at 3.45 a gal

Old 03-14-2008, 01:09 AM   #95
Banned

Mar 2008

I hope some people will still share the scanned coupons via email or IM....I don't care so much if we can't discuss it. I have no issue doing it on the down-low.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:09 AM   #96
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2006
New Brighton, MN

After looking at this thread, how many of you have worked in retail and know how the coupon thing works?

I think it's funny that some of you are like "this place wont go bankrupt because of $10." Are you to dumb to figure out that you're not the only one doing? Now I am not saying they will go bankrupt, I am just saying use your brain to figure out that it's actually way more than $10.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:10 AM   #97

Dec 2007

hmmm didnt know that they werent suppossed to be used, oh well... guess ill buy the dvd versions instead...20 bucks ok...30 bucks, no way...of my 25 blus i have only spent slightly more then $20 on 3 of em (average of 12 bucks).

Old 03-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #98
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

Quote:
This happened to me once too. They don't care for paper, its electronic data transmission now a days what matters. If the register scans it, its valid and they submit the request later. So lets say that WM reports 10,000 coupons accepted and send that report to Disney. How will Disney know that these aren't valid coupons? After all, if every dvd movie sold had the offer, and they sell millions of these on release week, how do they know what's real and what's not? Or do they actually have a dept reviewing EVERY paper coupon submitted by mail to them?
Yes they do actually have to return the physical coupon to a processing center to recieve credit. The electronic scan is for their records and processing only.

Disney knows that they are willing to do rebates on X # of titles, and they budget for that based on how many of them they actually think will be used. While they throw say 250,000 coupons out there, it's unlikely that even 10,000 of them will ever actually be redeemed.

Quote:
Obviously its Wicky's decision, I can attest to that. But I don't feel this is legal, just as I still don't feel having a digital copy of something i purchased (no matter the price) should be considered illegal. 2
No, it's the staff's decision, remaining consistant with our policies about supporting those who support Blu.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #99
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

DO NOT POST COUPON SCANS OF ANY KIND!!
Just a refresher for those who haven't seen this

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals