Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
38 min ago
Idle Hands (Blu-ray)
$24.96
1 hr ago
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
16 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
18 hrs ago
The Rising of the Shield Hero: Season One, Part Two (Blu-ray)
$49.99
38 min ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Fantasy Island (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
18 hrs ago
Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Uncut Gems (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Vinyl and Old School Music

Old 05-02-2015, 07:10 PM   #261

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeving View Post
It's one thing I've had to get used to with my new TT (VPI Traveler). I have had a record on for an extended period of time still spinning.

One thing to think about is that since there isn't any audio in the groove that it doesn't do much to the stylus.
Exactly. It won't damage the stylus at all.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:57 PM   #262
Expert Member

Jan 2007
middle of nowere, IL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeving View Post
It's one thing I've had to get used to with my new TT (VPI Traveler). I have had a record on for an extended period of time still spinning.

One thing to think about is that since there isn't any audio in the groove that it doesn't do much to the stylus.
I found a product called the Q UP while I was researching and I think I'll be adding it to my TT when I get it. Just for peace of mind.
http://www.thequp.com/

Well I finally pulled the trigger on vinyl! I just picked up 11 LP's today & I ordered my TT & a couple more LP's a few minutes ago! I went with the Audio-Technica AT-LP120 , after much debate with myself I decided it was the best fit for me. Won't have it until the 5th but right now my daughter & I are still geeking out at the LP's we just nabbed.

I googled used record store for a goof after we watched the avengers and I found & old school record shop that has a massive vinyl section both new & used.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:47 PM   #263
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
They will definitely ruin your vinyl and likely your cassettes as well.

If you want to protect your media stay away from these types of products.

Oh man Johnny! You are breaking my heart! My wife JUST bought me a little Crosley Cruiser turn table for Father's Day. I connected it to my Polk Audio home theater and, to my ears at least, it sounds pretty good. However I am GREATLY concerned about what you're saying in terms of it ruining my albums. I certainly don't want that to happen. Without hurting my wife's feelings, is there any kind of modifications I can make to the player that will at least ensure my records aren't getting ruined???? I sure as hell don't want to have to approach her and tell her my Father's Day gift is a cheap piece of crap this will ruin our albums!

Also, if it's any consolation, I did make sure that I leveled the player and I never attempt to sit the arm down or lift it manually. I also do not use the internal speakers. I always keep them turned down at their lowest.

What I don't get is if this is true about these turn tables ruining albums, how can they be allowed to sell these products? You'd think there would be some kind of minimal standard in place that would prevent such damaging products from being on the market. I mean, yes I expect some turn tables to sound better than others but not any that would actually ruin your records simply by using it.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:58 PM   #264

Feb 2011
Atlanta
Send a message via Yahoo to KingBlu404

U turn audio makes a great turntable starting at 179$ I would check them out if you're getting into the game
Old 03-26-2016, 06:09 PM   #265
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBlu404 View Post
U turn audio makes a great turntable starting at 179$ I would check them out if you're getting into the game
I was looking at those. Not sure I want to go with a start-up company vs. one that's been in the turntable business for decades..

Being that the list on the original post is over 5 years old, are there any that should be added?

I'm just starting to research what kind of turntable I should get (haven't had one since I was a kid) and I have no idea where to start. I'm looking at the $300-350 range.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #266
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
I was looking at those. Not sure I want to go with a start-up company vs. one that's been in the turntable business for decades..

Being that the list on the original post is over 5 years old, are there any that should be added?

I'm just starting to research what kind of turntable I should get (haven't had one since I was a kid) and I have no idea where to start. I'm looking at the $300-350 range.
If you could stretch your budget just a wee bit .............................

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-283567-...turntable.aspx

This seems like a heck of a sale

Then there's these.........................

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-7298-mu...turntable.aspx

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-7623-pr...turntable.aspx

Last edited by DangeRuss; 03-29-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:17 PM   #267
Expert Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
If you could stretch your budget just a wee bit .............................

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-283567-...turntable.aspx

This seems like a heck of a sale
Interesting looking table. I recently bought a Debut Carbon Esprit SB, and while im mostly pleased with it I am a sucker for a sale, so it makes me wonder about that MF.

I feel like I tend to buy good things for the price, so when its time to upgrade I'm looking at that much more of a jump, if you know what I mean. Got the Pro-ject for $466
Old 03-30-2016, 11:21 AM   #268
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
Interesting looking table. I recently bought a Debut Carbon Esprit SB, and while im mostly pleased with it I am a sucker for a sale, so it makes me wonder about that MF.

I feel like I tend to buy good things for the price, so when its time to upgrade I'm looking at that much more of a jump, if you know what I mean. Got the Pro-ject for $466
It's also available like this ............

But how large of a jump would you like to make ?
Old 04-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #269
Expert Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
But how large of a jump would you like to make ?
Right now? None. I've only had my Pro-ject for 2-3 months. In maybe a couple years I figured I'd shop around the $1500 range, or build my own. And thats a surprisingly entry level cartridge on that Musical Fidelity, i'm noticing.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:36 AM   #270

Mar 2011
Woodland Hills, CA

The roundtable is actually manufactured by Pro-Ject and re-branded as a Musical Fidelity, and some (including myself) will argue that it isn't even worth the $400, right down to the $40 cartridge it comes fitted with. The fact that they have the audacity to slap a $1k MSRP is absurd IMO.

You'd actually be better off saving $100 and go with a Debut III.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:42 AM   #271

Mar 2011
Woodland Hills, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post

Everything worthwhile has already been said, for that price the Music Hall MMF2.2 or a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (if you can catch it on a good sale price or find a deal on an open box unit) are going to be the most realiable and commonly recommended choices.

Now if you decided to broaden your search and seek out a good condition vintage table...
Old 10-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #272
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2016
oHIo

Hello!

I'm pursuing my first turntable purchase. I am a total beginner at this so I don't know a ton. I'll just be a casual listener for now. Just want something to set up in my basement and listen to every now and then with some friends. Not looking to spend much.

I've read good things about Audio Technica. Anyone experience these before?

Here's one I was looking at: https://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT-L...udio+technical

I know not to get Crosley, lol. I don't need built in radio or CD or whatever.

I just need pointed in the right direction - and told what else I need to buy in addition to the turntable.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2016, 11:07 PM   #273
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizCat View Post
Hello!

I'm pursuing my first turntable purchase. I am a total beginner at this so I don't know a ton. I'll just be a casual listener for now. Just want something to set up in my basement and listen to every now and then with some friends. Not looking to spend much.

I've read good things about Audio Technica. Anyone experience these before?

Here's one I was looking at: https://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT-L...udio+technical

I know not to get Crosley, lol. I don't need built in radio or CD or whatever.

I just need pointed in the right direction - and told what else I need to buy in addition to the turntable.

Thanks!
Before I answer ........................... I'd like to know what the rest of your system consisted of ?
Old 10-07-2017, 03:14 PM   #274
Power Member

Feb 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Vinyl and Old School Music