Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sparklite (Switch)
$14.99

Baldur's Gate (Switch)
$29.99

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch)
$29.97

Planescape Torment & Icewind Dale (Switch)
$29.99

Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$33.88

Valfaris (Switch)
$24.99

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 (Switch)
$38.99

Dead Cells: Action Game of the Year (Switch)
$24.99

Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

Forager (Switch)
$19.99

Super Bomberman R (Switch)
$19.99

Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
$49.94

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 03-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx
Default Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (NS)

Its Kickstarter page.

Bloodstained: Ritual of The Night for Wii U Cancelled, Coming to Nintendo Switch

Quote:
An exploration-focused, side-scrolling platformer featuring RPG and crafting elements.
Koji Igarashi, the namesake of "Igavania"-style games, is leading the project, with Michiru Yamane composing the music and Inti Creates leading the development.
If funded, the game will be developed for XBOX One, Playstation 4, Wii U, and PC. For the first time on Kickstarter, backers will have the option to receive actual PS4 / XB1 / Wii U / PC retail discs.

You are Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes your skin. You must battle your way through a demon-filled castle summoned by Gebel, your old friend whose body has become more crystal than flesh.

The physical copy of the game for Xbox One, Playstation 4, Wii U, or Steam (PC/Mac/Linux) will include exclusive Kickstarter-only content:

The mighty swordwhip
A super-powerful hidden boss
A Kickstarter Edition slipcase
Here's an interview from Destructoid and another from Gamespot.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:45 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Nice. I kickstarted Bloddstained and I think I picked either the PS4 or steam code. I will switch my code over to the Switch once it is all available.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
Nice. I kickstarted Bloddstained and I think I picked either the PS4 or steam code. I will switch my code over to the Switch once it is all available.
You should already have the ability to change it right now if you follow the link from the survey email sent back in September (I think it was 9/15 or 9/16).

I had already picked the Wii U version before so mine was automatically changed to the Switch but I went to the link to verify anyway.

Last edited by Petey Parker; 06-25-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:38 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

My copy arrived yesterday in the mail. I love the slipcover for backers. I only got to play for an hour or so last night but I'm having a great time so far. If you're a fan of Symphony of the Night then you won't be disappointed. It's been a long time coming but I'm glad the game is finally here.

Make sure you update the game to the latest version before you start playing if you have the physical version. There's apparently a game breaking bug in that needs to get removed.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:42 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Are the input lag and framerate as bad as people are saying?
Old 06-26-2019, 01:22 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Are the input lag and framerate as bad as people are saying?
You can tell it's a downgrade in from the PS4 version but it still looks good. I've been playing SotN on PS4 in the days leading up to when this came out so I don't really have a problem considering what I've been looking at the past few days.

As for the input lag, I have no idea what people are talking about. I've been playing with the 8-bitdo SN30 Pro Controller and have experienced no input lag at all. I've seen people mentioning they are misjudging jump swings and missing candles and stuff but none of that has happened to me.

My only real complaint would be some of the load times that tend to pop up can be frustrating, especially if it happens when you jump up between screens and miss the ledge and fall back down. You can get a few second black screen.

It probably could have used some more time with optimization prior to release but it sounds like they will be working on the issues at least.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:07 PM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Update,

Quote:
Regarding the Switch version of the game; the amazing teams at WayForward and ArtPlay are already hard at work on improvements. Below is a list of what we’re working to fix ASAP via multiple updates over the next few weeks:

HD Rumble fix (completed!)
Crash stability
Optimizing Miriam's jump
The teams are also at work on a variety of updates to the game and engine, including:

Optimizing animation for certain enemies (WayForward is testing some techniques to accomplish big things here, but it may be risky and require lots of testing, may need to be pushed to a later update)
Addressing input delay wherever it occurs
Switch-specific loading optimizations (this requires a bit more work, and will probably be in the last "ASAP" patches)
Obviously the above plan will adapt as we identify priorities and new tasks and as we add development resources, but we’ll keep you updated as we go.

We’ll also have more to announce soon as we do more to improve the Switch version of Bloodstained. We are committed long-term to making sure the Switch version is just as great and enjoyable as the other platforms, and this is just a window into our immediate action plans.

We apologize again for the inconvenience of the Switch launch not going according to plan, but we really appreciate your understanding and support as we work to make things right.

Roberto Piraino “Angel-Corlux”

Global Brand Manager

505 Games
Old 06-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I'm not waiting to see if their promises ever come to fruition. I'm sending my copy back and getting it on another platform.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:44 PM   #9
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
I'm not waiting to see if their promises ever come to fruition. I'm sending my copy back and getting it on another platform.
I have it on PC. Looks and runs amazing. Put over 5 hours in yesterday afternoon starting it up.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:54 PM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Ended up sending it back. I had $10 worth of funny money from MS so I got it on Xbox and installed over lunch. Can't wait to get home and get into it.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:47 AM   #11
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Ended up sending it back. I had $10 worth of funny money from MS so I got it on Xbox and installed over lunch. Can't wait to get home and get into it.
It’s good.

As for Switch, yeah they’ll fix it. Game was in development before the Switch was even out.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:33 PM   #12

Aug 2012
Toronto

Bloodstained is so good. Likely my favourite release so far of 2019. Don't let any of the negative comments regarding the port prevent you from buying. You won't regret it.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:41 AM   #13

Nov 2014

I have a business trip next week and I'm tempted to bring NS + Bloodstained, but I haven't even opened it yet because of all of the negativity! I'm almost finished on Xbox, I wonder if the Switch version will ruin the experience?

Not to go way OT, but this is one of those cases where Project xCloud sounds appealing. Can't lug the Xbox around just to play Bloodstained, but if I could stream it to NS or iPad it sounds like that wouldn't be any worse than the current iteration of this game on Switch.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:41 AM   #14
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2014

I already have (& beat) this on PS4 but ill still pick up the Switch version someday for portability.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

which weapon/shard is that? (op pic)
Old 07-13-2019, 07:10 AM   #16

Nov 2014

Looks like Blue Rose. I don’t have all the ingredients yet so I don’t know if that attack w/ the blue animal head is a technique, a shard, or simply pre-production design that didn’t make the final cut.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 03:51 PM   #17
Power Member

Jun 2010

I finished it on PC with 100% map completion the other day. I mostly enjoyed it, but wasn’t gaga for it like I used to fore these type of games. I think I’m just not that into the genre anymore. All the backtracking and figuring out where to go next just bites me anymore. I’ll likely skip metroidvanias outside if Metroid games going forward.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:32 AM   #18

Nov 2014

I tried it on Switch, I will say I’m spoiled by the Xbox One X version. Also, the input lag seems worse when docked, if they can fix that I think it will be ok. Still a fun game just not as pretty as the rest.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch