Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
23 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
10 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
16 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
3 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Three Fantastic Journeys by Karel Zeman (Blu-ray)
$71.14
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 07-04-2019, 03:38 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2007
US
-
-
-
Default Hurandy.com / Costerol.com Scam PSA

I have seen some recent mentions of great prices at Hurandy.com and Costerol.com, and I wanted to tell you about my experience so no one else has to go to the trouble.

I placed a decent sized, but relatively small order on Hurandy.com a few weeks ago. I paid through PayPal. I never received any email confirmation, so after about 5 days, I tried to send an email to the listed support email address. Google tried for 48 hours to send an email to the address but was the address did not exist.

I filed a claim last week, and the seller responded with a UPS tracking number showing that a package was delivered to my town. I never received anything. I was, after numerous phone calls, able to get UPS to confirm the the package was not addressed to or delivered to me. I submitted that documentation to PayPal but they ruled against me stating that the seller had provided a valid tracking number as proof of delivery. Thankfully I was able to speak to PayPal today and get the case reversed and closed in my favor, but it took me about 4-5 hours on the phone with UPS and PayPal.

Hurandy.com seems to have been migrated over to Costerol.com with the same layout. So avoid both sites. The site provided a NY address as the location, but in fact the seller turned out to be in Vietnam according to PayPal.

So in short avoid both of these sites. They are complete scams.

Mods if this needs to go in the Retail section, feel free to move it. I posted here because the deals section gets more traffic.
Thanks given by:
bigjim25 (07-04-2019), Dailyan (07-04-2019), dbhl3000 (07-11-2019), filmo70 (07-24-2019), gobad2003 (07-04-2019), Heapashifter (07-05-2019), ltb2.0 (07-04-2019), Professor Echo (07-04-2019), revoloution (07-04-2019), spiderdude1 (07-04-2019), StarDestroyer52 (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 03:54 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
WV

I figured so. I almost bit but didn't. Glad you got your money back. I had that problem with an eBay seller who did that one time with the tracking but wasn't as lucky. I've learned if it looks too good to be true it usually is.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:05 AM   #3
Expert Member

May 2015

I agree with the idea that this doesn't belong in hot deals.

Someone posted a thread here a week ago noting how great (ie too good to be true) the prices were. I warned people immediately then, as that site had popped up in a google search for a title I was after a few days prior. I looked at the site but the red flags popped up for me right away, and I confirmed my suspicions via a post I found on reddit about the same site, complete with a post by someone who had the exact same experience you did, up until you placed the claim. The site is a scam, plain and simple.

Fortunately, the mods locked that thread as it was causing more people to check the site out, than serve as a warning (and also was definitely not a hot deal). Unfortunately, I also just saw a thread pop up in the retail subforum asking about this same site, with people saying they've already placed orders...

I suppose it bears repeating, and a reminder that the notion of PP being there to bail them out should never be assumed, as you painfully found out. If you hadn't put in the hours of effort, you'd have been out the money. If that's not proof that it's simply not worth the trouble in the slim (let's be honest, it's non-existent) chance the site was real, then I don't know what is.

Last edited by thetony; 07-04-2019 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:34 AM   #4

Mar 2011

Yeah, I bought a Jonny Quest blu from Costerol last Monday before really thinking it through. Tried to file a claim with Paypal, but like op said, they submitted a fake UPS number (was actually for Minneapolis, but the item was 11lbs and was delivered to a dock...). Have been busy with work so I haven't had time to call PayPal yet...
Old 07-04-2019, 08:01 AM   #5

Jun 2017

It seems like both the websites you listed have been taken down, it will be interesting to see he pops up again
Old 07-11-2019, 05:47 AM   #6

Mar 2011

I got lucky, Paypal reopened my case. I contacted UPS with the tracking number and was sent the actual shipping address details within 10 minutes of calling. Took PayPal 2 days, but I've been fully refunded!
Old 07-11-2019, 07:22 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Los Angeles, USA

I have filed a claim in the Paypal resolution center today. Let's see if the seller responds with fake UPS information like mentioned in this thread. Freaking scammers, man.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:49 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Los Angeles, USA

Piece 'o crap scammer did provide a tracking number to Paypal. Paypal decided case in the scammer's favor because they said tracking showed package was delivered.
Is Paypal that incompetent? I went to the nearest UPS Customer Center and they gave me a tracking history for that UPS number which showed the package was sent from Target to a lady who lives within my zip code. Couldn't Paypal's "investigator" have found this out before they denied my claim?
Anyway, I called Paypal back, sent them the document and they reversed the decision in my favor. Piece 'o crap scammer. I hope he/she gets a severe case of shingles.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping