Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (Switch)
$9.99

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$29.99

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (Switch)
$14.99

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch)
$29.97

Mortal Kombat 11 (Switch)
$24.99

A Hat In Time (Switch)
$29.99

Risk of Rain 2 (Switch)
$22.00

Dusk Diver (Switch)
$39.95
1 hr ago
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country (Switch)
$24.97

Sparklite (Switch)
$14.99

Resident Evil Origins Collection (Switch)
$32.14
1 hr ago
Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 04-03-2019, 02:33 AM   #81
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

This month we’re getting Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, Star Soldier and Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ary_this_month
Thanks given by:
Diesel (04-03-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 08:55 PM   #82
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

9.8 million subscribers.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-switch-online
Old 05-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #83
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Donkey Kong Jr, Clu Clu Land and vs. Excitebike are the games of May.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:35 PM   #84
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Donkey Kong Jr, Clu Clu Land and vs. Excitebike are the games of May.
Sigh, come on Nintendo, give us some games from other classic consoles.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #85
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

City Connection, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge and Volleyball coming this month.

Eat a dick Nintendo. When they originally announced the service they showed Street Fighter 2. I know the whole thing got a revamp but 8 months in and not even a peep of other consoles.

There's a great comment over at Nintendo Life where the poster basically says people aren't upset because of a poor selection tacked onto a cheap online subscription, they're upset because this is the only way to get these games on the system.

If they went back to a VC style release schedule and had 2-5 a week at $1-2 I'm sure people would buy them.

Last edited by dyne; 06-06-2019 at 02:36 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:14 AM   #86

Nov 2014

I actually enjoy City Connection, just not this awful NES port Nintendo is shoveling at us .

It would be great to see your suggested pricing on these classic games, I doubt we’ll see anything as nice as and consistent as VC while they are basically on top, no need to cater to fans when the eShop is flooded with content and customers.

I’m willing to support the few companies who do look after my classic game addiction so I bought the ACA release from Hamster.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #87
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008

NES ports of arcade games that now have Arcade Archives releases are nice bonuses with the NES Online Library, but that's about it. If the arcade version is available very few would buy the NES version instead if offered as a VC title, so this style of release make sense for those games.

I get why people don't like this way Nintendo is handling their console archives, but I think it makes sense if Nintendo sees a new strategy going forward of always having a consolidated home/handheld console. I honestly expect very little changes to their approach to hardware aside from power and extra accessories going forward. Switch 2, Switch 3, Switch 4, etc., all using NSO service, all having whatever catalog on their classics online libraries they've released no matter which generation you have as hardware. From this possible angle their approach makes a lot more sense, as by the time you'd get to Switch Gen #3 the online subscription would have hundreds of games upon purchase. Having a revised VC that doesn't "die off" on old hardware when you upgrade to new hardware is potentially a better deal in the long run. It just sucks right now if you want to play Super Mario World on the go.

Last edited by captveg; 06-13-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:34 AM   #88

Nov 2014

True, but that assumes games won't rotate out and that the service/"benefit" carries over to future generations.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:16 PM   #89
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by captveg View Post
NES ports of arcade games that now have Arcade Archives releases are nice bonuses with the NES Online Library, but that's about it. If the arcade version is available very few would but the NES version instead if offered as a VC title, so this style of release make sense for those games.

I get why people don't like this way Nintendo is handling their console archives, but I think it makes sense if Nintendo sees a new strategy going forward of always having a consolidated home/handheld console. I honestly expect very little changes to their approach to hardware aside from power and extra accessories going forward. Switch 2, Switch 3, Switch 4, etc., all using NSO service, all having whatever catalog on their classics online libraries they've released no matter which generation you have as hardware. From this possible angle their approach makes a lot more sense, as by the time you'd get to Switch Gen #3 the online subscription would have hundreds of games upon purchase. Having a revised VC that doesn't "die off" on old hardware when you upgrade to new hardware is potentially a better deal in the long run. It just sucks right now if you want to play Super Mario World on the go.

Yeah, it would be SO MUCH better if this had a Wii-like Virtual Console. I'd buy a lot of games as I like playing retro games on a small portable screen much better than blown up on a big HDTV where they look awful to me. I don't have the space or interest to get a CRTV for retro gaming/emulation.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:09 AM   #90
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...d_nes_software

Quote:
At Nintendo's 79th annual general meeting of shareholders yesterday, company president Shuntaro Furukawa was asked about the possibility of retro software from platforms such as the Nintendo 64 and GameCube era appearing on the Switch in future.
In response, Furukawa said he had no "new information" to share, but did explain the Japanese video game giant had been thinking about extending its online service and acknowledged fans who had been wanting to play certain older titles (special thanks to Japanese Nintendo for the translation):
Quote:
“At this place we cannot tell new information about future classic hardware among others, but we are thinking about providing an extension of the online service which is currently providing Famicom [NES] software, as well as other methods of providing them. We also recognise that there are opinions wanting to play past titles.”
Good lord this is astounding. At this rate I’d rather pay $5-10 a month for a retro game only subscription if they got off their asses and dropped games more consistently and for more systems. I have no need for the online with this system. The only reason I have a NO sub was the promise of old games.

Last edited by dyne; 06-29-2019 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:37 AM   #91
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Miami, FL.
Send a message via AIM to laz305 Send a message via MSN to laz305 Send a message via Yahoo to laz305

If my current subscription ends in September and I bought a code now how does this work? Do I wait till September to use it? If I use it now will it be a year from September or now?
Old 07-06-2019, 02:55 AM   #92
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

The subscription should stack. At least it did when I had a year going and got an extra 3 months and then 9 more with Twitch Prime.

10 million subscribers so far. I bet they go beyond NES at the one year anniversary (September) to entice people to stick around.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/nin...llion-accounts
Old 07-10-2019, 03:08 AM   #93
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
On July 17, a Rewind feature will be available to use with the entire collection of NES – Nintendo Switch Online games, allowing players to easily rewind gameplay by pressing and holding ZL + ZR if they make a mistake or just want to retry a section of the game!
Old 07-10-2019, 07:50 AM   #94
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Rewind sounds pretty cool.

Games they are offering, not so much.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #95
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Vice: Project Doom and Kung-Fu Heroes this month. Vice is not releasing in Japan. That's getting replaced with Downtown Nekketsu Kōshinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundōkai.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch