Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Blu-ray)
€9.95
12 hrs ago
Dances with Wolves (Blu-ray)
€11.40
 
Sara Montiel (Blu-ray)
€29.66
 
The Truman Show (Blu-ray)
€9.95
7 hrs ago
Dune (Blu-ray)
€8.25
 
Casino (Blu-ray)
€9.95
9 hrs ago
Gladiator (Blu-ray)
€9.95
7 hrs ago
Her (Blu-ray)
€9.95
8 hrs ago
Rambo Trilogy (Blu-ray)
€14.99
 
The Last Temptation of Christ (Blu-ray)
€9.95
9 hrs ago
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (Blu-ray)
€9.95
12 hrs ago
Dragon Ball Super: Broly (Blu-ray)
€27.04
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Spanish


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #101
PeterII PeterII is offline
New Member
 
Jun 2013
Default

Jesus has gone green... his eyes, that is. I don't know if anyone else has commented on the the fact that Jesus' eyes are green in the Mexican Blu-Ray version but it's worth mentioning. I played the disc on both my computer and TV to verify this; so unless they're both calibrated incorrectly, this seems to be the case. This makes me wonder whether the other colors of the film are diplayed correctly or whether this was a deliberate modification to his eyes only.

Last edited by crazyBLUE; 06-18-2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: removed trying to sell extras
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #102
kdo kdo is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kdo's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Realm of the Inoperative Data-Pushers
540
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterII View Post
Jesus has gone green... his eyes, that is.
It's nice to hear that he now shares my eye-color .

Quote:
don't know if anyone else has commented on the the fact that Jesus' eyes are green in the Mexican Blu-Ray version but it's worth mentioning. I played the disc on both my computer and TV to verify this; so unless they're both calibrated incorrectly, this seems to be the case. This makes me wonder whether the other colors of the film are diplayed correctly or whether this was a deliberate modification to his eyes only.
Well, if his eyes are in fact green, then something has definitely gone wrong on the transfer...they should be blue...

I'm still hoping we'll get a proper Region-A uncut release of this wonderful miniseries. I'd really like to see it...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #103
rondanto rondanto is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2007
BROOKLYN , N.Y
1
7
Default Jesus of Nazareth Spanish Blu-ray import (Jesús de Nazaret)

It appears Lionsgate is refusing once again to release a restored U.S. blu ray edition of "Jesus of Nazareth" for Easter. To date the best available is the version released by Spain. which is the complete version with the two missing scenes restored


Mod edit: The Spanish corrected disc says, on the second line under the back cover's actor pictures:

JESÚS de NAZARETH © 1977 INCORPORATED TELEVISION COMPANY RADIOTELEVISIONE ITALIANA
Edición y Autoría © 2012 FILMAX HOME VIDEO. V2.0 Todos los derechos reservados

Last edited by Deciazulado; 05-23-2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: info on back cover
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Chouan (05-06-2016)
Old 03-19-2015, 02:33 AM   #104
Blu Myers Blu Myers is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Blu Myers's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL
17
37
656
10
3
108
Default

I just purchased the Mexican ed. on Amazon through a third party seller...$29 shipped.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:40 AM   #105
filmmusic filmmusic is offline
Banned
 
Sep 2010
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Myers View Post
I just purchased the Mexican ed. on Amazon through a third party seller...$29 shipped.
Hmmm..
Sorry to bring the bad news, but I think the Spanish release (2nd version) is better since it's uncut!
The other releases have cut 2 important scenes.

edit: Oops, i see it says so in the first post!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #106
Qaenos Qaenos is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2012
Default

Jesus of Nazareth Uncut was just released in Australia this week. I just posted a review (including screenshots) in the Australian thread on this site.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Falaskan (10-23-2015)
Old 01-31-2018, 06:57 AM   #107
Dubstar Dubstar is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
Dubstar's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock
1
173
1873
295
4
19
7
Default

so I'm assuming from all that I've read is that the second edition from Spain is the edition to get ~ and that version from Amazon.es is the one denoting 2 bluray/2 DVD's - correct?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:51 PM   #108
TheOneWithThePrize TheOneWithThePrize is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheOneWithThePrize's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
so I'm assuming from all that I've read is that the second edition from Spain is the edition to get ~ and that version from Amazon.es is the one denoting 2 bluray/2 DVD's - correct?
It's been a while so I'm not sure we got any confirmation one way or another about the combo BD/DVD set, the specs on the back wasn't particularly promising as I recall (but those specs may be incorrect). The 2BD-only release got a 2nd version after the original batch was released and that 2nd version is what I got but that one is long OOP now. The big discussion was in the 40th anniversary thread.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:58 PM   #109
Dubstar Dubstar is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
Dubstar's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock
1
173
1873
295
4
19
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWithThePrize View Post
It's been a while so I'm not sure we got any confirmation one way or another about the combo BD/DVD set, the specs on the back wasn't particularly promising as I recall (but those specs may be incorrect). The 2BD-only release got a 2nd version after the original batch was released and that 2nd version is what I got but that one is long OOP now. The big discussion was in the 40th anniversary thread.
from what I've read in all the threads regarding the many editions, is that the Spain edition is uncut, has the best transfer and from Amazon.es the 2BD/DVD edition is still in print ~ soooooo .... I was just hoping someone could chime in again and maybe back that conclusion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:09 PM   #110
TheOneWithThePrize TheOneWithThePrize is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheOneWithThePrize's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-
-
1
Default

Nobody has entered the combo set in the blu-ray.com database so difficult to say if anyone here has even bothered to take the plunge on it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:02 PM   #111
thinredline thinredline is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2017
277
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
from what I've read in all the threads regarding the many editions, is that the Spain edition is uncut, has the best transfer
yes. I have the Spanish edition and it's uncut.
Although the re-inserted scenes seem to be DVD upscales.
But i prefer it from having a cut version.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Dubstar (01-31-2018)
Old 06-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #112
drush9999 drush9999 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
drush9999's Avatar
 
Nov 2016
Sutton Coldfield, England
7
2086
1
Default

I just received this Spanish edition:



and it's uncut just like the previous version marked with v2, despite the back saying 371 mins. It's actually just over 400 mins with the recaps/previews.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:06 PM   #113
TheOneWithThePrize TheOneWithThePrize is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheOneWithThePrize's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drush9999 View Post
I just received this Spanish edition:



and it's uncut just like the previous version marked with v2, despite the back saying 371 mins. It's actually just over 400 mins with the recaps/previews.
Yes, I bit the bullet on that one a while back and posted my findings over in the US thread.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
drush9999 (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 09:59 PM   #114
drush9999 drush9999 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
drush9999's Avatar
 
Nov 2016
Sutton Coldfield, England
7
2086
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWithThePrize View Post
Yes, I bit the bullet on that one a while back and posted my findings over in the US thread.
Annoying about the forced subtitles, but I can live with that.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TheOneWithThePrize (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 05:24 PM   #115
TheOneWithThePrize TheOneWithThePrize is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheOneWithThePrize's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drush9999 View Post
Annoying about the forced subtitles, but I can live with that.
In the great scheme of things, all things considered, it's a lesser evil.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:06 AM   #116
Mikezilla3k Mikezilla3k is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Mikezilla3k's Avatar
 
Feb 2019
Richmond, CA
103
200
14
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drush9999 View Post
I just received this Spanish edition:



and it's uncut just like the previous version marked with v2, despite the back saying 371 mins. It's actually just over 400 mins with the recaps/previews.
Is it region free?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Spanish


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:09 PM.