Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
18 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.31

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Orphen: Complete Collection SD (Blu-ray)
$10.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 08-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumdogg View Post
I find the "quickly typed and printed on my Windows 98 PC" aesthetic odd too.

That little "Merchandise" tab/image thrown-in to espouse legitimacy. Don't get me started on the TAPE!

EDIT: No disrespect to the OP, but..."Indoor...Chicken" what? What's behind that tape? Why are you holding the paper, which includes the tape? Could you have taken the picture without holding it? If so, what was it taped-to?

I believe that's indoor cat food with chicken flavor, looks like the Purina green bag we usually buy for our cat.
Thanks given by:
strumdogg (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 05:05 PM   #22
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Iíll echo another members post that this store sold something before the street date, but Iím not sure how that could have happened without management signing off on it
Old 08-23-2019, 07:59 PM   #23
Special Member

Apr 2008

We have endgame here in new jersey.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:04 AM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Street Date isn't really a Policy issue and can be a major legal issue with massive fines possible unless that has changed lately. You wouldn't expect a large number of stores to be involved.

It could be a numbers policy in which many retailers are supposed to limit a single purchaser to 3 items. Apparently this became an issue with Redbox where Disney wouldn't sell items to them directly so Redbox/Rental Store Purchase Squads would go out to basically flash-strip the local retailers by buying as many items/as fast as possible
for Redbox inventory. I think stores were supposed to abide by teh "3 per" rule though I don't think it was mandatory and certainly not a legal issue like street date.

This is a rules that seems like could be decided at the regional, city-wide, or individual store. If Disney found the stores not following directives and those local Walmart decided they weren't going to abide, that would make pulling the product much more likely without necessarily affecting all Walmart B&M

Last edited by hariseldon; 08-24-2019 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:12 PM   #25
Special Member

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
I’ll echo another members post that this store sold something before the street date, but I’m not sure how that could have happened without management signing off on it
Since they apparently don't feel they have the ability to correct the situation, and I'm guessing they've received multiple warnings for a major producer to cut them off, one has to assume management is pretty lax at this location for whatever reason - either a small store that's in jeopardy of closing or a very large one in such a high traffic market they apparently need restructuring and/or more help just to maintain basic organization. With all the theft, fraud, etc Wal-mart has to contend with I'd hate to be the one tasked with balancing their books, regardless of store size.

Last edited by JurassicBD; 08-24-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping