Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
23 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
10 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
16 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
3 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 08-10-2019, 02:44 AM   #1

Mar 2017
Texas
Default Fred's closing stores

The Fred's stores in my area have been closing. I missed one final day sale by an hour or two apparently. Another one said they would probably close next week, so I decided not to chance it. The Movie section had a 40% off sale. Some titles rang up lower. Maybe the titles have been there so long they were at lower prices, but had not been repriced? If I knew the ring up price, I may have bought more.

Semi-Pro blu at 2 for $5 was 63 cents. Opened this to find it had a barcode slash covered by barcode stickers
Bruno blu at $1 was 25 cents.
The rest at the advertised 40% off
Journey to the Center of the Earth (Brendan Fraser) blu steelbook marked $4.99/2.99
The Rocker dvd 1.99/1.19
Flying Fists of Kung Fu 12 movie 3 disc (at Dollar Tree?) 1.99/1.19

I got these at the one I just missed the final day, a week before closing w/40% off
Nightcrawler Blu 2.99
Garbage Pail Kids - The Complete Series (1989) DVD 4.19
100 Feet Blu 1.50
Changeling - Blu-ray 1.50
Ernest's Wacky Adventures DVD 1.79

I see Hail, Caesar blu/dvd at every Fred's, so if you don't find it at Dollar Tree... Anyone finding anything interesting? Fred's look to be supplied by Movies U Buy, the same people who supply Dollar General.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:14 AM   #2
Expert Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdl797 View Post
The Fred's stores in my area have been closing. I missed one final day sale by an hour or two apparently. Another one said they would probably close next week, so I decided not to chance it. The Movie section had a 40% off sale. Some titles rang up lower. Maybe the titles have been there so long they were at lower prices, but had not been repriced? If I knew the ring up price, I may have bought more.

Semi-Pro blu at 2 for $5 was 63 cents. Opened this to find it had a barcode slash covered by barcode stickers
Bruno blu at $1 was 25 cents.
The rest at the advertised 40% off
Journey to the Center of the Earth (Brendan Fraser) blu steelbook marked $4.99/2.99
The Rocker dvd 1.99/1.19
Flying Fists of Kung Fu 12 movie 3 disc (at Dollar Tree?) 1.99/1.19

I got these at the one I just missed the final day, a week before closing w/40% off
Nightcrawler Blu 2.99
Garbage Pail Kids - The Complete Series (1989) DVD 4.19
100 Feet Blu 1.50
Changeling - Blu-ray 1.50
Ernest's Wacky Adventures DVD 1.79

I see Hail, Caesar blu/dvd at every Fred's, so if you don't find it at Dollar Tree... Anyone finding anything interesting? Fred's look to be supplied by Movies U Buy, the same people who supply Dollar General.
Nice pickup on Garbage Pail Kids -- that's a blast from the past I'll have to look for. Since it's Movies U Buy, it may wind up at a Dollar General (no Fred's in my area).

The Bruno bluray seems priced about right
Old 08-22-2019, 02:03 AM   #3

Mar 2017
Texas

I went to 2 other stores and neither had movies. At the 2nd one they told me that they had just boxed them up, and sure enough, at the front of the store was about 5 boxes marked Return to Movies U Buy. I don't really understand why they wouldn't wait until the store was closed to ship what was left over, but whatever.

FYI - You gotta watch to make sure the discounts are being taken off, because I bought some beef jerky that was supposed to be 40% off and they charged me full price. I did get a cool As Seen on TV sign for free. They had some Family Size Cherrios with the Avengers promotion that is good until 2020. I submitted my receipt and 48 hours has passed and I haven't received the code yet.

I have never been interested in Sascha Baren Cohen(sp?), but I guess if it's cheap enough I will check it out.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:02 PM   #4
Power Member

Apr 2016

cnbc article

Chapter 11, closing all stores. Fred's is dead.
Thanks given by:
vivafriend5 (09-10-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping