Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Death Note: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$14.96
4 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
21 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
10 hrs ago
Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$21.49

Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Angel Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$12.96
8 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
9 hrs ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Uncut Gems (Blu-ray)
$19.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia

Old 02-22-2019, 09:27 PM   #1

Feb 2018
-
Default Dario Argento collection (six films)

It seems besides Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan collection there's also going to be cheap Dario Argento collection's also (release date is first of april.

https://cdon.fi/elokuvat/argento-col...-disc-46744518

What i'm just wondering is whether these are going to have new shitty dubs or will they have the originals. Personally i don't care about having the original Italian audio (which probably isn't included) so getting some Argento movies i'm missing for 20e would be pretty sweet.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:44 AM   #2
Special Member

Jul 2017
Elles Belles, Costa Plonka

20 Euros?

Either the quality is going to be crap, or the head of the company decided the price whilst painting the walls with their own faeces.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:39 AM   #3

Feb 2018
-

I haven't checked but i think the collection is probably handeled by same people as the Jackie/Bruce Lee collection. I've only seen one of the films from the Jackie Chan collection (wheels on meals) and when it came to picture on that film i had no problems with the picture quality.

These are probably not going to be the best transfers possible but just because it's cheap collection doesn't have to mean that the movies look shite. It's just that it's going to be very bare bones release without extras and most likely without the Italian audio (another site only had English listed)

I think the two biggest problems will be whether they will be picking cut versions (Deep Red is more than likely the cut version) and whether they mess up with the dubs and soundtracks.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:51 AM   #4

Aug 2009

The release is from Universal / Sony, so the masters are going to be good. Here are the specs (from https://www.elokuvauutiset.fi/site/u...ay-kokoelmasta). They have also the final cover art.

Kuoleman lintu (1970), 96 minuuttia, DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 ja Dolby Digital 2.0 (italia), kuvasuhde 2,35:1

Verenpunainen kauhu (1975), 126 minuuttia, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 ja Dolby Digital 5.1 (italia), kuvasuhde 2,35:1

Suspiria (1977), 98 minuuttia, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 ja Dolby Digital 5.1 (englanti), kuvasuhde 2,35:1

Tenebre (1982), 101 minuuttia, DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 ja Dolby Digital 2.0 (englanti), kuvasuhde 1,85:1

Phenomena (1985), 110 minuuttia, DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 ja Dolby Digital 2.0 (englanti), kuvasuhde 1,66:1

Opera (1987), 107 minuuttia, DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 ja Dolby Digital 2.0 (englanti), kuvasuhde 2,35:1

Deep Red seems to be in Italian with the longer cut. All have DTS-HD audio. The only thing im worried about is that they squeeze the 6 film into 3 BD discs. I hope this is not the case.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #5

Feb 2018
-

Sweet. These aren't going to have extras from Arrow releases obviously but considering how much i will be saving by getting this collection i can live with that. Kuoleman Lintu and Suspiria are only ones from the collection that i own already.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:22 PM   #6

Jun 2017

Each film is on a separate disc.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:47 AM   #7

Feb 2018
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
Each film is on a separate disc.
Yep. Got mine today and that seemed to be the case. Haven't watched any of the films yet.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #8

Sep 2017
Kalmar, Sweden

I took a look at Deep Red and Suspiria.

The menues are barebones, as expected, and the design is based on the cover artwork of the collection (the same image is used for both films).

Deep Red is obviously an older master than Cineteca Nazionale’s 2014 restoration, which Arrow used for their latest release. I don’t own Arrow’s previous release anymore, and can’t compare; but I would guess it’s the same one.

Suspiria looks like the 2010 UK release; again, I can’t compare as I no lounger have that version, as I only own CultFilms 2018 release. The film starts with the italian Videa logo.

If you don’t need swedish, norweigan, danish or finnish subtitles, or a honestly great bargain price, these aren’t the best PQ versions. And don’t get me started on extras and english audio.

Last edited by orkidetjuven; 04-01-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:28 PM   #9

Feb 2018
-

Just watched Tenebre and it looked just fine to me. The Finnish subtitles were crappy but it's not like it mattered much.

But yeah. Might not be the best versions of these films around and there's no extras but this really is still a steal for 20 euros.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #10

Oct 2008

There is an article in swedish
http://www.videosondag.se/2019/04/04...to-collection/

Use translator site to read in english such as Google translator.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia