Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Star Trek Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
5 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
4 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
23 hrs ago
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
21 min ago
The Rising of the Shield Hero: Season One, Part Two (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Idle Hands (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Blu-ray)
$12.96

Bombshell (Blu-ray)
$19.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 01-21-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
Power Member

Feb 2014
Chicago, IL
Default Collection count seems to be decreasing by one seemingly everyday...?

My collection count is going down 1 it seems like everyday without me removing a title. In fact I'll add a title and it'll just bring me back to where I was sometimes. Am I missing something? Am I only one this is happening to?

Thanks in advance. I know it's not a huge deal but it kind of is when you're really trying to keep track of what you have and I can't figure out why the decrease is happening. I even compared the app (before I refreshed) to the site and although it showed all the same titles in my collection the collection count was different. Pretty frustrating.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:44 PM   #2
Developer

Sep 2007
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithVK View Post
My collection count is going down 1 it seems like everyday without me removing a title. In fact I'll add a title and it'll just bring me back to where I was sometimes. Am I missing something? Am I only one this is happening to?

Thanks in advance. I know it's not a huge deal but it kind of is when you're really trying to keep track of what you have and I can't figure out why the decrease is happening. I even compared the app (before I refreshed) to the site and although it showed all the same titles in my collection the collection count was different. Pretty frustrating.
There's recently been changes to the uniquemovies field in a couple of titles:

The changes were done on separate days: January 18, 19 and 21 which might explain what you were seeing.
Thanks given by:
KeithVK (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #3
Power Member

Feb 2014
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus View Post

The changes were done on separate days: January 18, 19 and 21 which might explain what you were seeing.
ahh... all movies in my collection I see. Thanks. It's nice to know I'm not going crazy.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #4
Blu-ray Archduke

Sep 2010

Are we also able to track which BDs recently had unique movies field changes? That would be good to know for any future random drops. I came here because mine had dropped by one, and it was probably the Monster Collection. Why would this be changed anyway? The Spanish Dracula should still be counted as a unique movie, shouldn't it? Same with the others who have full-length films in their extras.

Last edited by Mandalorian; 01-22-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #5

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:

And to justify why I made these changes.

Universal Monsters was listed with 9 movies. However, the Spanish version of Dracula is included as a Special Feature, and is not part of the main feature. Likewise, Killer's Kiss (The Killing) and Murder la Mod (Blow Out) are also Special Features included as extras on the BD and are not part of the main feature.

Six feature length films are included in this Jacques Demy release. As such, there are six unique movies.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-E...lu-ray/101196/

There are technically two films included in the BD release of Late Spring. However, only one is part of the main feature, hence one film.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Late-...Blu-ray/36766/

Thanks given by:
Hubunkey (01-27-2017), KeithVK (01-24-2017), smax-3 (01-22-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 02:53 AM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Mine decreased by 1 today. However with a collection my size it is impossible for me to go through them one by one to see which was changed. I wish there was an easier way to see which titles were recently edited.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:40 AM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

My collection went down by 1 today. Still wish there was an easy way to see which titles were recently edited.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:55 AM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Collection count increased by 1 about a week ago and today it decreased by 1. Guess whatever blu-ray was edited last week was incorrect.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:27 AM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Collection count went down again today by 1 when I went to update it. Still think it would be a useful feature to be able to see which blu-rays in your collection have recently had field changes because right now I have no clue which blu-ray caused the change.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:04 AM   #10
Developer

Sep 2007
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
Collection count went down again today by 1 when I went to update it. Still think it would be a useful feature to be able to see which blu-rays in your collection have recently had field changes because right now I have no clue which blu-ray caused the change.

I've added a view that displays changes to the "unique movies" three months back. It can be accessed from your collection page.

Last edited by incubus; 09-12-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Thanks given by:
Evil (09-12-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 02:24 AM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Quote:
I've added a view that displays changes to the "unique movies" three months back. It can be accessed from your collection page.
Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:42 PM   #12
Blu-ray Archduke

Sep 2010

Quote:
Just saw this. Great feature! I tried it and saw that Apocalypse Now 4K had been going back and forth between 1 movie and 2, and now its locked at 1 so no one can change it again. Hearts of Darkness has been considered a separate film for years, so why is it considered just an extra now? See the initial BD release:

Full Disclosure Edition

Final Cut 4K
Thanks given by:
knifethrower (09-16-2019)
Old 10-31-2019, 05:04 PM   #13

Feb 2019
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
And to justify why I made these changes.

Universal Monsters was listed with 9 movies. However, the Spanish version of Dracula is included as a Special Feature, and is not part of the main feature. Likewise, Killer's Kiss (The Killing) and Murder la Mod (Blow Out) are also Special Features included as extras on the BD and are not part of the main feature.
[Show spoiler]
Six feature length films are included in this Jacques Demy release. As such, there are six unique movies.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-E...lu-ray/101196/

There are technically two films included in the BD release of Late Spring. However, only one is part of the main feature, hence one film.

There are still two unique movies on the disc. So they should both count. They are still both a part of your collection. If you have the Criterion version of Blow Out you also have Murder a la Mod in your collection. It should count whether it's listed as a double feature or a bonus feature it's still there!

Last edited by Spootnek; 10-31-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum