Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
8 hrs ago
Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$21.49
17 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49
23 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Titans: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
13 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 03:42 PM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2009

Further proof I'm telling the truth:

http://imdb2.freeforums.net/thread/1...-blu-ray-forum

Old 12-11-2019, 03:27 AM   #22
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronboster View Post
Instead of trying to publicly shame the mods or the forum, why not just contact a mod directly. There is a list of mods at the bottom of each forum (lower right hand side).

Remember the mods are not paid employees, but ppl who volunteer their time to keep the forum running smoothly and enforce rules set out by owner(s). An hour they spend moderating the forum (which as we know, operates 24/7) is an hour they are not spending with their families, watching movies or taking care of any personal duties etc....

They are also human and make mistakes.

Ron
Yes, mods are still human and they perform this function without any additional benefit from what I've heard, but with that privilege also comes greater responsibility. In addition, since these functions are said to be volunteer no one is forced to be mod either.

I have nothing against any of the mods, but they're not infallible either.

Thanks given by:
UniSol GR77 (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 11:28 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Yes, mods are still human and they perform this function without any additional benefit from what I've heard, but with that privilege also comes greater responsibility. In addition, since these functions are said to be volunteer no one is forced to be mod either.

I have nothing against any of the mods, but they're not infallible either.
Thank you so much for these wise words.

Old 12-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #24
Power Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
, but they're not infallible either.
I think we agree, when I say they are human and make mistakes.

Thanks given by:
UniSol GR77 (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 08:56 PM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronboster View Post
I think we agree, when I say they are human and make mistakes.
So who watches the Watchmen?

This is a way to address a mistake, and avoid a repeat.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:43 AM   #26

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniSol GR77 View Post
So who watches the Watchmen?

This is a way to address a mistake, and avoid a repeat.
I normally let these posts play out and keep my mouth shut; however, since you continue to push this issue, I figured I might as well respond back with some advice and words of wisdom.

I'm not 100% sure what you are thinking is going to be accomplished here. I don't foresee the site administrators and moderators all joining in here and having an open discussion about your concerns. If that is what you think is going to happen here, I fear you are in for a bit of disappointment.

My experience with the Admins and Moderators of this site has been very civil and polite. I have had positive interactions with the staff members I have messaged in private. I would suggest reviewing the list of staff members here: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showgroups.php and bringing up your concern to one of them via PRIVATE Message and not via public forum. I think you'll have a better opportunity of getting a response from them via private then in this thread here.

You may find that you get a better outcome then what you're getting in this thread which is nothing really productive or useful to your original concern...

Thanks given by:
Mavsfan41 (12-22-2019), ronboster (12-12-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #27
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

I was not the mod involved in the moderation here but I'll attempt to answer. This is a community and just like in society the past behavior of members influence how they are moderated or how a situation is handled.

The member in question here has been suspended...maybe a dozen times? I am not saying he is a "bad" member but a high maintenance individual. Mods are human and get tired of the silliness, we are (for the most part, adults and should behave accordingly).

Personal responsibility is important. I saw the dozen posts he reported in a fit of anger. When someone reports a post we all get an email...it's spam to report and report because someone made you "mad". It's aggravating and distracts from real issues that need to be addressed.

Thus, another mod suspended him...then the situation he described happened. The member contacted me and pro-b forwarded me an email from the same member about the situation.

I initially looked into but decided to do NOTHING. Why? Because the initial suspension, in my opinion, was too short. A month off...seemed to suit fine. People are human and constant issues and drama for years now wears thin.

That's all. Thread closed.

Thanks given by:
Heapashifter (12-12-2019), jayman3 (12-13-2019), Mavsfan41 (12-22-2019), ronboster (12-12-2019), Sandersobsessed (12-12-2019), TheDean (12-14-2019)
Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum