Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Puppet Master: Ultimate Collectable Toulon's Trunk (Blu-ray)
$171.10
4 hrs ago
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
23 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$14.99
21 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
4 hrs ago
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
5 hrs ago
Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 12-09-2019, 11:44 PM   #1
Power Member

Nov 2009
San Diego, CA
Default Target.com - Problem with preorders?

I stocked up on preorders during the Target B2G1 sales a little while back.. some great prices but now I'm seeing that most of the preorders are experiencing problems.
In-Stock items seemed to show up fine, items that had a release date when I ordered are also fine.. but anything that did not have a release date listed seems to be stuck in some sort of constant void. Anyone else experiencing this?

My copy of "Haunting of Hill House" was the first to experience this. Release date came and went, the item was in stock but my order was still listed as "Coming Soon". Customer service said to wait it out but after about 10 days, I ended up just re-ordering (and fortunately they matched my earlier price).

About 2 weeks ago another preorder was giving me the same issue.. every single day I would get an email saying the order was delayed (by 1 day) even though it was listed as in-stock. I ended up re-ordering it and it shipped the same day while the earlier order is still emailing me daily about a delay:

Right now I'm getting the same issue with Once Upon a time in hollywood, It 2 and Hustlers - all due tomorrow, but they've been in "Processed" (order picked/ready to ship) status since last Wednesday (they typically ship on a Friday)

Another odd issue is that Target doesn't seem to have a price adjustment process in place for preorders? Some titles I ordered early on at a high price (ie: $36.99) but dropped prior to release-day ($24.99) don't seem to adjust on the order total. Because the item total ($36.99 + $36.99 + 0 (B2G1) = $24.66 each) comes to less than the day-1 price ($24.99) they don't want to honor the price drops.

Anyone else seeing weird issues with the target preorders?

Last edited by SPIDERone; 12-10-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:18 AM   #2
Special Member

Aug 2017

We just received Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (target exclusive) today. Which I believe is the first time we've ever received a target preorder early. It was ordered during their B2G1 promo. Freaks is on the way as well, also b2g1. So far we haven't had any problems. But we did get a bunch of emails last week with new release dates for some preorders. Annoyingly we had to log in to target just to confirm that we didn't have to OK anything. I hate that about their system. All vendors should just let the customer initiate contact should they not want to wait for a delayed item. All target should do is send out the notice of the delay, which most of the delayed preorders didn't have release dates to begin with, so how they were delayed I don't know.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:49 AM   #3
Power Member

Nov 2009
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicBD View Post
We just received Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (target exclusive) today. Which I believe is the first time we've ever received a target preorder early. It was ordered during their B2G1 promo. Freaks is on the way as well, also b2g1. So far we haven't had any problems. But we did get a bunch of emails last week with new release dates for some preorders. Annoyingly we had to log in to target just to confirm that we didn't have to OK anything. I hate that about their system. All vendors should just let the customer initiate contact should they not want to wait for a delayed item. All target should do is send out the notice of the delay, which most of the delayed preorders didn't have release dates to begin with, so how they were delayed I don't know.
That's interesting that yours have been shipping! I was almost worried that my account was locked or something, but all new orders shipped just fine.

I have been getting those same emails (sometimes 2-3 times per title) about the release date and having to login but didn't see anything to approve/reject the new date. I was wondering if it needed to be approved and it just wasn't showing, and thats what was creating an issue.

Do you recall if you bought during the first or second B2G1 sale?
Old 12-10-2019, 05:18 AM   #4

Jun 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIDERone View Post
I stocked up on preorders during the Target B2G1 sales a little while back.. some great prices but now I'm seeing that most of the preorders are experiencing problems.
In-Stock items seemed to show up fine, items that had a release date when I ordered are also fine.. but anything that did not have a release date listed seems to be stuck in some sort of constant void. Anyone else experiencing this?

My copy of "Haunting of Hill House" was the first to experience this. Release date came and went, the item was in stock but my order was still listed as "Coming Soon". Customer service said to wait it out but after about 10 days, I ended up just re-ordering (and fortunately they matched my earlier price).

About 2 weeks ago another preorder was giving me the same issue.. every single day I would get an email saying the order was delayed (by 1 day) even though it was listed as in-stock. I ended up re-ordering it and it shipped the same day while the earlier order is still emailing me daily about a delay:

Right now I'm getting the same issue with Once Upon a time in hollywood, It 2 and Hustlers - all due tomorrow, but they've been in "Processed" (order picked/ready to ship) status since last Wednesday (they typically ship on a Friday)

Another odd issue is that Target doesn't seem to have a price adjustment process in place for preorders? Some titles I ordered early on at a high price (ie: $36.99) but dropped prior to release-day ($24.99) don't seem to adjust on the order total. Because the item total ($36.99 + $36.99 + 0 (B2G1) = $24.66 each) comes to less than the day-1 price ($24.99) they don't want to honor the price drops.

Anyone else seeing weird issues with the target preorders?

I placed numerous orders a couple months/few months ago on their B2G1 sale for movies. To get the best prices, I obviously grouped like-priced items together in separate orders.

My account is locked and my shipping address is banned from Target.com because they said in a letter to me that they suspect my account of "re-selling" items. I'm not a re-seller. I live in a rural part of the country with no movie theater within an hour of me. I buy movies when I want to watch stuff. I explained this to them and they wouldn't budge.

Long story short, the same stuff happened to me before they locked my account. Hopefully for you, it's different.

PS - They so "graciously" informed me that I was "welcome to still shop in all Target stores."
Old 12-10-2019, 05:47 AM   #5
Power Member

Nov 2009
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePreacher View Post
I placed numerous orders a couple months/few months ago on their B2G1 sale for movies. To get the best prices, I obviously grouped like-priced items together in separate orders.

My account is locked and my shipping address is banned from Target.com because they said in a letter to me that they suspect my account of "re-selling" items. I'm not a re-seller. I live in a rural part of the country with no movie theater within an hour of me. I buy movies when I want to watch stuff. I explained this to them and they wouldn't budge.

Long story short, the same stuff happened to me before they locked my account. Hopefully for you, it's different.

PS - They so "graciously" informed me that I was "welcome to still shop in all Target stores."
That's really nice of them to let you still shop in the stores!

That's a bummer for sure, especially if they're all different titles. I could even see ordering a few of the same title (something like Avengers Endgame) as xmas gifts. Assuming it's not happening multiple times or with high numbers, it shouldn't matter too much. I have about 10 open orders at the moment (~30 titles, all different) so I'm surprised they haven't stopped my account for the same reason then.

Back in the Jet.com days (are they still a thing?) my account was banned twice - once for purchasing 10 packs of the Polaroid/Instax films (10 packs = 100 photos) because they considered me a reseller. I tried explaining that.. it's a common item that people buy multiples of since.. they're film for a camera. Jet's thing back then was "The more you order, the more you save", bringing your cost down with the more you bought. It was banned a 2nd time because my shipping address was my work address (where I would be able to receive the deliveries during the daytime); I'm assuming someone else from work was also shipping there.. not too unheard of with 2000+ employees.. but they saw that as multiple accounts. I didn't bother questioning them again and just stopped ordering from them.
Thanks given by:
ThePreacher (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 05:51 AM   #6

Jun 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIDERone View Post
That's really nice of them to let you still shop in the stores!

That's a bummer for sure, especially if they're all different titles. I could even see ordering a few of the same title (something like Avengers Endgame) as xmas gifts. Assuming it's not happening multiple times or with high numbers, it shouldn't matter too much. I have about 10 open orders at the moment (~30 titles, all different) so I'm surprised they haven't stopped my account for the same reason then.

Back in the Jet.com days (are they still a thing?) my account was banned twice - once for purchasing 10 packs of the Polaroid/Instax films (10 packs = 100 photos) because they considered me a reseller. I tried explaining that.. it's a common item that people buy multiples of since.. they're film for a camera. Jet's thing back then was "The more you order, the more you save", bringing your cost down with the more you bought. It was banned a 2nd time because my shipping address was my work address (where I would be able to receive the deliveries during the daytime); I'm assuming someone else from work was also shipping there.. not too unheard of with 2000+ employees.. but they saw that as multiple accounts. I didn't bother questioning them again and just stopped ordering from them.
Ha, yeah. I didn't order a single duplicate title. My mindset is what you said - oh well, I just won't do business with them.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:14 AM   #7
Special Member

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePreacher View Post

Sorry to hear that. That would really piss me off. We bought a ton of movies and tv and more than a few books from their last few B2G1 sales. Probably 500-800 dollars worth. Plus another half dozen on BF. Only a handful of outstanding preorders haven't shipped yet. I accidentally placed a couple duplicate orders even, forgetting that I already included the preorder during their last B2G1 sale. But I realized my mistake pretty fast and canceled and reordered with a different item. Guess I'll skip their next B2G1 sale, lest we get banned too. Knock on wood.

If you value buying online from them at all, I'd file with the BBB. They might lift the ban to resolve it. At least I can't see anything else they could do, if they don't want an unresolved case hanging over them. Though, considering their size, they can probably afford a few thousand (maybe a few tens of thousands) of unresolved cases. It's the smaller, less established businesses that take BBB complaints more seriously.

You could always file discrimination charges against them. Last I checked no business can legally refuse to serve anyone based on an uncorroborated suspicion of a perfectly legal activity. But someone up on current laws might have to correct me on that, as it's been over 20 years since I studied Business Law in college, and the internet was hardly a thing back then.
Thanks given by:
ThePreacher (12-11-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #8
Special Member

Aug 2017

Still no problems perse, as both Rambo and Trick shipped when they were supposed to. However, tracking showed UPS handed off the package to our PO on Monday. After it still hadn't showed up a day after it was due (Wednesday) we called our PO on Thursday to see what was up. The manager said they get the UPS shippers on pallets and that our package was never scanned on their end, indicating it wasn't on the pallet. I was the third person this week to call them about a missing target order. He said I could call UPS, but that they'd just give me the runaround, and that I should just go ahead and report the package as lost to Target and ask for an expedited reship. They agreed to the reship without any hassle, but it wasn't expedited. Though not being a gift, we didn't need it before Christmas, so I didn't push, but they seemed willing to do something more, if I had. Regardless, now I'm wondering if target has a serious problem in their shipping dept, or if UPS or our local USPS needs to be alerted to possible employee theft.

Anybody else have a similar problem with their target order?

Last edited by JurassicBD; 12-20-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #9
Power Member

Jan 2019

They cancelled by Downton Abbey LE and Freaks pre-orders without even telling me. Then BBY steps up with their 3:2 and luckily had both in stock so I was able to replicate the deal. I am worried about the rest of my preorders though.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #10
Special Member

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
They cancelled by Downton Abbey LE and Freaks pre-orders without even telling me. Then BBY steps up with their 3:2 and luckily had both in stock so I was able to replicate the deal. I am worried about the rest of my preorders though.
Did you call to try to get the orders reinstated? If they were still available for shipping or available in a nearby store, there's no reason they couldn't. We received Freaks from target. Picked up DA from BB yesterday as well, but not the LE. Really hoping BB comes through, as we ordered a LOT during yesterdays promo in fear that if we order much more from target (should they even have another B2G1) they'll erroneously label us a reseller too and we'll get banned.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping