Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
18 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
7 hrs ago
Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
6 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
23 hrs ago
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.35

Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.38

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists

Old 08-10-2019, 01:51 AM   #121

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I prefer Stephen Lang in the role as he makes that film bearable, no small feat.
Couldnít believe Lang also played the sleezebag reporter in Manhunter. The two roles couldnít me more different.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:55 AM   #122
Banned

May 2016
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drooch View Post
Couldnít believe Lang also played the sleezebag reporter in Manhunter. The two roles couldnít me more different.
He also played the weasel-scum Ike in Tombstone, and a serial killer in The Hard Way. He's underappreciated, I think.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (08-10-2019)
Old 08-10-2019, 01:59 AM   #123
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

I don't care how they're gonna do it story-wise but I'm so glad that he's back for Avatar the second.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:09 AM   #124
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Biehn is so good in The Abuse. Stick a 'tache on him and it's like he's a different person from Reese or Hicks or whoever, he really should've played baddies more often. He was in the running for Quaritch in Avatar but Cameron turned him down because he didn't want him playing yet another military dude in a JC film. Would've biehn fun, but I prefer Stephen Lang in the role as he makes that film bearable, no small feat.
I had read that it was because he’d already cast Sigourney Weaver, and he felt that if he cast Beihn too, it would create too much of an association with Aliens, causing the audience to feel distracted from the new characters they’re playing.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (08-10-2019), MarekM (01-18-2020)
Old 08-10-2019, 11:38 PM   #125
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Tulsa, OK (formally S. Wales)

Makes me wonder if Disney has put a hold on this release....
Old 12-20-2019, 06:04 AM   #126
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Denmark

Yes, no updates worries me.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:12 PM   #127
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang Zei View Post
Disney owning Fox doesnít really change the situation one way or the other.
Obviously, it has. As there has been no mention of this movie getting a release since it was first announced it was coming for its 30th anniversary. Guess what? It's less than 2 weeks away from the end of the year and that ship has sailed. I would say that Disney owning Fox most certainly changed things.
Thanks given by:
FilmFreakosaurus (12-20-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 03:47 PM   #128
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
Obviously, it has. As there has been no mention of this movie getting a release since it was first announced it was coming for its 30th anniversary. Guess what? It's less than 2 weeks away from the end of the year and that ship has sailed. I would say that Disney owning Fox most certainly changed things.
It do matter if it was announced by some guy on Twitter. It was never officially announced or was announced by James Cameron that it was getting released this year.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:00 PM   #129
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

It may not have been from the horse's mouth, but it was still from a rather reliable source. Which means, we were supposed to get it this year. Whether that's James' doing again or Disney's is up in the air. However, the way Disney has been handling Fox 4K releases of late I would say Disney is the culprit.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:27 PM   #130
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
It may not have been from the horse's mouth, but it was still from a rather reliable source. Which means, we were supposed to get it this year. Whether that's James' doing again or Disney's is up in the air. However, the way Disney has been handling Fox 4K releases of late I would say Disney is the culprit.
James still wonít take the time to approve the transfer. Iím sure if he approved it then he would announce it and would have no problem throwing Disney under the bus about they are the ones holding up the release. He had no issue doing that to Fox a few years ago and turns out he was lying.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #131
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010

I could see Disney totally releasing The Abyss I think the problem again is James Cameron likely hasn't approved the work done on it. All Disney is doing is distributing Fox titles as they own them, it won't be released under the Disney brand it will still be released as a Fox title.

Disney would likely want to release it.

So yeah I'd say JC is holding the release up yet again, no surprise really.

There also is no Titanic 4K out yet, it's Titanic, Paramount would love to release it on UHD now.

So yeah, JC.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists