Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
13 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
15 hrs ago
Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
15 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Knives Out (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Uncut Gems (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Titans: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 01-07-2020, 11:33 PM   #141
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

I was at my nearest Target today and was in for a surprise. They used to have two full rows (meaning four sides) of movies, plus the front island thing and the random end caps. One of the rows is completely gone. They used to have a section dedicated to numerous 4K titles too and they're all gone. The only 4K is on the short side of one of the islands with the newer releases.

The end is near.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:34 PM   #142
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
I was at my nearest Target today and was in for a surprise. They used to have two full rows (meaning four sides) of movies, plus the front island thing and the random end caps. One of the rows is completely gone. They used to have a section dedicated to numerous 4K titles too and they're all gone. The only 4K is on the short side of one of the islands with the newer releases.

The end is near.
I guess stores work differently in every region but this drastic media reduction happened over a year ago in Target stores over here.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #143
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post

The end is near.
This recently happened here too! Last week I went to Target to do my usual blu-ray browsing, went to an aisle where blu-rays usually are and saw nothing but books.

Very small selection now. Yikes.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:21 PM   #144
Special Member

Aug 2017

Our nearest BB just eliminated itself! Seriously. It was in a very busy shopping center, right next to a Super Target, and not far from one of the largest indoor malls in the Southeast. But, literally overnight, it just shuddered and pulled down all signage, last Nov. At first I thought the chain must be hurting more than they let on, if a store in that busy a locale can't make a go of it. They'd just remodeled most of the store, including Magnolia. Which Magnolia was the only thing it had going for it. Our next nearest BB always has better stock and selection of just about everything. Anyway, I just found out yesterday from a former employee that the property owner jacked up their lease suddenly and that was the cause of it closing. Still hard to believe they just shut down like that.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:48 PM   #145
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicBD View Post
Our nearest BB just eliminated itself! Seriously. It was in a very busy shopping center, right next to a Super Target, and not far from one of the largest indoor malls in the Southeast. But, literally overnight, it just shuddered and pulled down all signage, last Nov. At first I thought the chain must be hurting more than they let on, if a store in that busy a locale can't make a go of it. They'd just remodeled most of the store, including Magnolia. Which Magnolia was the only thing it had going for it. Our next nearest BB always has better stock and selection of just about everything. Anyway, I just found out yesterday from a former employee that the property owner jacked up their lease suddenly and that was the cause of it closing. Still hard to believe they just shut down like that.
Something similar happened near me in the past month. Granted, this particular location had never gotten much foot traffic, but it was in the middle of a very busy strip mall with other major chains and had primo demographics. Without any warning, they just closed up shop right before Christmas.

The chain seems to be paring back locations.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping