Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
12 hrs ago
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
11 hrs ago
Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
22 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Uncut Gems (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
23 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Bombshell (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Titans: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 01-11-2020, 05:40 AM   #1
Special Member

Aug 2017
Default Deal page links not taking you to blu-ray.com

I previously inquired about how to set the drop-down box this to default to Blu-ray.com. Mifune pointed me in the right direction and it worked for a couple days. Now suddenly, even with Blu-ray.com set as the default under my user settings and appearing in the drop-box, links on the recent deals pages still go straight to amazon And, the previous thread from just a few days ago has mysteriously vanished. What gives?
Old 01-11-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicBD View Post
I previously inquired about how to set the drop-down box this to default to Blu-ray.com. Mifune pointed me in the right direction and it worked for a couple days. Now suddenly, even with Blu-ray.com set as the default under my user settings and appearing in the drop-box, links on the recent deals pages still go straight to amazon And, the previous thread from just a few days ago has mysteriously vanished. What gives?
Your previous post was moved into the done/solved issues thread.

I don't the issue you're having with the drop box box. It might be a setting in IE not remembering.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:38 PM   #3
Special Member

Aug 2017

Thanks. It seems to remember it. At least the drop-box now defaults to Blu-ray.com as soon as I log in and is locked - I get a message that I have to go to my settings page to make changes when I click on the box. But when I hit any BD thumbnail, it still takes me to amazon. More specifically it takes me to a seemingly blank Blu-ray.com address and then forwards to the amazon listing a second later.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:27 AM   #4
Developer

May 2003

Quote:
Thanks. It seems to remember it. At least the drop-box now defaults to Blu-ray.com as soon as I log in and is locked - I get a message that I have to go to my settings page to make changes when I click on the box. But when I hit any BD thumbnail, it still takes me to amazon. More specifically it takes me to a seemingly blank Blu-ray.com address and then forwards to the amazon listing a second later.
Is the drop-down in picture set to "Blu-ray.com"?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dropdown.jpg (57.9 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by iceman; 01-12-2020 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:15 PM   #5
Special Member

Aug 2017

Yep. Blu-ray.com shows in the drop box, but it takes me to amazon instead. About a week ago, I set my preferences to default to Blu-ray.com upon sign-in. It worked for a couple days and now it takes you to amazon. Curiously, I discovered yesterday that if I toggle the drop box to Blu-ray.com before signing in, it works correctly even after I sign in. But if I sign in first, it shows Blu-ray.com, but sends me to amazon. It only seems to do that for deals page thumbnails. Thumbnails on the main site page or in news announcements still go to Blu-ray.com's page.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:42 PM   #6
Special Member

Aug 2017

Also, it's not an IE specific bug. I just checked, and it's doing the same thing when using Google Chrome.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:33 PM   #7
Developer

May 2003

Quote:
Yep. Blu-ray.com shows in the drop box, but it takes me to amazon instead. About a week ago, I set my preferences to default to Blu-ray.com upon sign-in. It worked for a couple days and now it takes you to amazon. Curiously, I discovered yesterday that if I toggle the drop box to Blu-ray.com before signing in, it works correctly even after I sign in. But if I sign in first, it shows Blu-ray.com, but sends me to amazon. It only seems to do that for deals page thumbnails. Thumbnails on the main site page or in news announcements still go to Blu-ray.com's page.
You mean when you are on this page specifically?
https://www.blu-ray.com/deals/

It sounds like something might be weird with your browser's cookies
Old 01-12-2020, 10:50 PM   #8
Special Member

Aug 2017

Correct. That page specifically. It does the same thing with both IE and Google Chrome, which this was the very first time I've ever visited this site using Chrome. The problem didn't start until a couple days after I set it to default to Blu-ray.com upon signing in on the site preferences page, as previously advised in a thread that was removed due to appearing resolved. The whole reason I did that, was because I now clear all cookies every time I close IE, and can't seem to remember to manually switch it from amazon to blu-ray each and every time I log in, before hitting a thumbnail link or three. Checking the newest deals is very first thing I do when I come here, so that's the page I have set in my favorites for this site.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:29 PM   #9
Developer

May 2003

Quote:
Correct. That page specifically. It does the same thing with both IE and Google Chrome, which this was the very first time I've ever visited this site using Chrome. The problem didn't start until a couple days after I set it to default to Blu-ray.com upon signing in on the site preferences page, as previously advised in a thread that was removed due to appearing resolved. The whole reason I did that, was because I now clear all cookies every time I close IE, and can't seem to remember to manually switch it from amazon to blu-ray each and every time I log in, before hitting a thumbnail link or three. Checking the newest deals is very first thing I do when I come here, so that's the page I have set in my favorites for this site.
That's probably the problem, when you switch between "Amazon" and "Blu-ray.com" it's set by a cookie. When you clear your cookies it forgets your settings. Try to not clear cookies for a while and it should work
Old 01-20-2020, 02:54 PM   #10
Special Member

Aug 2017

Like I said, it worked for a couple days, and IE was clearing my cookies during those days that it worked too. I get that the toggle switch on the page itself is a cookie. But, when I set it to default to Blu-ray.com on my actual preferences page, signing out shouldn't effect that should it? It's pointless to have the default option if it does. Not to mention deleting cookies doesn't seem to affect other settings on that page.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:59 PM   #11
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Does IE have option to exclude a site when clearing cookies? Not sure if you'd want that anyway, but that would be helpful.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:20 PM   #12
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Does IE have option to exclude a site when clearing cookies? Not sure if you'd want that anyway, but that would be helpful.
I don't think you can exclude a specific site but there is a "Preserve Favorites website data” option that will keep the cookies for sites you have added to your favorites.
Thanks given by:
MifuneFan (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 09:36 PM   #13
Special Member

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
IE has a preserve favorite website data option that'll keep it from deleting those cookies, when you do a manual clean anyway, not sure about auto cleaning every time you close the browser. But, you still have to do a full clear here and there due to weird site bugs, which have become more and more prevalent with Windows 8.1, since the latest version of IE for Windows 8.1 is several years old. Had I known Microsoft would abandon their product so soon, I would have taken the free sidegrade to Windows 10. I didn't because the computer was brand new and according to Lenovo, switching would invalidate the warranty, as the computer was supposedly built around Windows 8.1. Now I'm having so many browsing bugs at target, best buy, ebay, even a few at amazon, that I had to set my browser to clean my history/cookies every time I close it, just to keep things working half smoothly.

I'm passively trying to get acclimated to Chrome, as supposedly it works better. But I don't trust Google at all, and again, it's not working correctly with it either. I haven't even bothered to figure out how to delete cookies on Chrome yet. So if it's doing it there, it must do so by default. Regardless, I think iceman must have misunderstood and thought I was just talking about switching it on the page itself, not in my user preferences, as that wouldn't make sense. Not to mention, it worked for a day or three.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:58 AM   #14
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
I'm passively trying to get acclimated to Chrome, as supposedly it works better. But I don't trust Google at all, and again, it's not working correctly with it either. I haven't even bothered to figure out how to delete cookies on Chrome yet. So if it's doing it there, it must do so by default.
In Chrome:
More tools --> Clear browsing data
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum