Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Blacksad: Under The Skin (Switch)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$29.99
9 hrs ago
Just Dance 2020 (Switch)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (Switch)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
A Hat In Time (Switch)
$29.99
12 hrs ago
Mortal Kombat 11 (Switch)
$24.99
7 hrs ago
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch)
$29.97

Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$33.88

God Eater 3 (Switch)
$29.99

Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
$50.90

Super Bomberman R (Switch)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 06-05-2019, 01:13 AM   #241
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
A tease from shinobi602 on ResetEra indicates that none other than Banjo from the Microsoft-owned Banjo-Kazooie franchise is joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster through DLC. As shinobi602 teased, "Been a while since we saw Banjo in anything. Hope we’re in for a smashing good time." It's lacking any sort of subtlety, but it's the leaker's track record that makes this remark stand out.
This wouldn’t be too much of a stretch considering how amicable the relationship with MS and Nintendo seems to be lately.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:18 PM   #242
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Old news at this point, but:

Surprised they didn't use the DQV protagonist as one of the alternate skins for the DQ Hero, since he usually seems emphasized in crossover stuff and they're basing the upcoming animated movie on that game. But anyway, both new characters are looking fun!
Old 10-12-2019, 10:37 PM   #243
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

Old 11-01-2019, 12:25 AM   #244
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Ultimate is now the highest selling game in the franchise.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 15.71 million

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U 14.91 million

Super Smash Bros. Brawl 13.27 million

Super Smash Bros. Melee 7.41 million

Super Smash Bros. 5.55 million
Thanks given by:
TecmoZack (11-11-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 04:02 PM   #245
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2012
NJ

Old 01-17-2020, 02:48 AM   #246

Sep 2017
Minnesota, USA

The final fighter of the Fighter's Pass was revealed this morning to be...

Byleth, from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Both male and female forms are playable, and they use a variety of Relics from the game to switch things up from just a sword.

The stage is Garreg Mach Monastery, which floats around to different locations of the monastery from the game similar to the DQXII stage. Various characters from Three Houses populate the background similar to Terry's stage.

A new batch of Mii Fighter costumes was revealed, most importantly Cuphead as a Mii Gunner, who also comes with a music track from the game.

Finally, some new information was revealed about the second Fighter's Pass. This will have six fighters instead of five, and come with the Ancient Soldier's Gear from Breath of the Wild as a Mii Swordfighter costume for the exclusive bonus. No word on pricing yet, but it goes on sale January 28th, along with Byleth and the new Mii Fighter costumes.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:44 AM   #247

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

I was expecting the new fighter to be yet another bloody evolved starter Pokmon. This doesn't surprise me either as they seem to always pick the blandest of the bland from their IP with the most diverse casts.

Why couldn't it have been a character with just a tiny semblance of personality? Claude would have been a far better option, and with his distinctive appearance and yellow attire, would stand out from the rest of the Smash (and Fire Emblem) cast.

Hell, when I first started seeing articles about the reveal pop up, I thought that the new fighter was going to be Sothis, which is at least something different from the usual selection of avatars/sword fighters. Tiki would have been a good option too considering that she recurs throughout the franchise.

But nope, more generic avatars.

Also, the DLC fighters and Mii costumes will collectively cost more than the base game. What a rip-off. I would have preferring putting that money towards a new installment with the additional fighters instead (perhaps with a new single player mode and a revised classic mode).
Old 01-17-2020, 04:26 AM   #248
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

I ended up trading my copy of this in yesterday for $30 cash from Gamestop. I hadn't played it since February of last year I believe when I finished unlocking all the characters.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:31 AM   #249

Sep 2017
Minnesota, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyG View Post
Why couldn't it have been a character with just a tiny semblance of personality? Claude would have been a far better option, and with his distinctive appearance and yellow attire, would stand out from the rest of the Smash (and Fire Emblem) cast.
Part of me still wishes that Byleth would have been a Pokemon Trainer-esque character with him/her standing in the background and the fighter switching between Dimitri, Edelgard, and Claude. That's what I thought they were going for in the reveal trailer when the Relics came out.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #250
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyG View Post
Also, the DLC fighters and Mii costumes will collectively cost more than the base game. What a rip-off. I would have preferring putting that money towards a new installment with the additional fighters instead (perhaps with a new single player mode and a revised classic mode).
And youre surprised? They did the same thing with Smash for Wii U and Smash for 3DS. So this is the third* game they are doing that with.

*Sakurai said he counts the Wii U and 3DS games as two separate games. Making Smash Ultimate the 6th (not 5th) game in the series.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:39 AM   #251
Power Member

Apr 2016

Blyeth seems to be an over-powered monster in team smash quickplay. I played against three Blyeths in one match, all had 3 million+ global smash points. And that was after a few rounds of other Blyeths.

Highly recommend online smash quickplay, to this day. It's perfect if you just want to play something for a few minutes. But I also recommend getting a LAN adapter for the switch if you're going to play online smash.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:33 PM   #252

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
And youre surprised? They did the same thing with Smash for Wii U and Smash for 3DS. So this is the third* game they are doing that with.
I'm not surprised. I'm just fed up with all of the "safe" options that they keep handpicking from Nintendo IP, particularly those with such otherwise diverse and colourful casts. Likewise, if they add a Gen 8 Pokmon to the second fighter pass (it's almost a given at this point) I would expect it to be one of the evolved starters (as usual ) as opposed to the dozens of other characters introduced.

I have resisted buying any of the DLC so far (I hadn't bought any of the 3DS/Wii U DLC either, except maybe the first Mii costume pack, as I cannot remember whether that was included with the Mewtwo DLC), but I would be tempted if they introduced Appletun and/or a DOOM monster (I hate that people keep requesting "DOOM guy" who is just a generic space marine with less personality/backstory than Samus [who looks much cooler and more distinct anyway]), but the addition of the Cyberdemon (as it appeared in the original DOOM, as opposed to the hideous 2016 design), the Cacodemon, Pinky, Revenant, or Spider Mastermind, would be great to include in the cast. We already have far too many human characters in the roster as it is, and the first Fighter Pass has been underwhelming to say the least (with Banjo being the only addition to knock one's socks off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
*Sakurai said he counts the Wii U and 3DS games as two separate games. Making Smash Ultimate the 6th (not 5th) game in the series.
Was that in reference to me somehow?

I too consider Smash 3DS/Wii U to be two separate games, hence why I think it's disingenuous to call them "Smash 4". Yes, they are complementary experiences and share many of the same mechanics/content (for the purposes of establishing uniformity between the two games), but I wouldn't consider them to be a single game in the same way that PS All Stars was, for example, where the Vita version was more or less a straight port, whereas Smash 3DS/Wii U both have unique content that makes both games worth owning.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch