Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
13 hrs ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
19 hrs ago
Deepwater Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
1 hr ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 01-19-2020, 02:17 PM   #4621

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
They still have that...?
No, that was last time around. This time it was Garbage Pail Kids that got me started.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:19 PM   #4622
Power Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltatauhobbit View Post
Not sure GW wants to get stuck with a giant pile of Night of the Dribbler DVDs when he's already sitting on a pile Frankenhooker DVDs haha.
I think we should all add a copy of Franken hooker to our orders in solidarity to GW.
Thanks given by:
GoldenWheels (01-20-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 03:09 PM   #4623

Jan 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Skip the DVDs and just bring us the Blus.

+1 for Blus only from Bill. Guaranteed sales for discounted Code Red titles.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #4624

Sep 2015
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Skip the DVDs and just bring us the Blus.
Yeah. Once you go blu, there's nothing else to do.
Thanks given by:
Bradsdadg (01-19-2020), GoldenWheels (01-20-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 03:57 PM   #4625
Power Member

Jan 2012
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videovore View Post
Hey GoldenWheels, any chance for another deal with Code Red? Bill is sitting on a literal mountain of old stock per the Code Red discussion thread. Would be cool if something could be worked out! Cheers.
This would be great. I missed out on Fred Williamsonís Death Journey last time around, and now that I finally watched the other Fred Code Red releases from the last time you guys had them in stock, I need it!
Thanks given by:
Old 01-20-2020, 01:44 AM   #4626

Feb 2018

So many people were raving about Garbage Pail Kids, I had to look it up. Somehow that movie never crossed my radar in spite of being young when it was released. I had never heard of it until I read the posts here, and I'm considered the movie fanatic in my family and among my acquaintances. I could only find a couple clips on Youtube and nowhere to rent it cheaply for streaming. I guess it must be an acquired taste because the clips I saw didn't make me feel like making a blind buy at this apparently highly discounted price. I also don't know what the discussions regarding "Code Red" are, but I assume it's yet another movie I've never heard of nor seen. On IMDB I saw a Code Red movie from 2013 listed with no actors I've ever heard of. It doesn't mean it's bad... I like plenty of obscure foreign movies, but how so many titles escape me I don't know. I must still be living under a rock.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:49 AM   #4627

Sep 2015
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguda View Post
So many people were raving about Garbage Pail Kids, I had to look it up. Somehow that movie never crossed my radar in spite of being young when it was released. I had never heard of it until I read the posts here, and I'm considered the movie fanatic in my family and among my acquaintances. I could only find a couple clips on Youtube and nowhere to rent it cheaply for streaming. I guess it must be an acquired taste because the clips I saw didn't make me feel like making a blind buy at this apparently highly discounted price. I also don't know what the discussions regarding "Code Red" are, but I assume it's yet another movie I've never heard of nor seen. On IMDB I saw a Code Red movie from 2013 listed with no actors I've ever heard of. It doesn't mean it's bad... I like plenty of obscure foreign movies, but how so many titles escape me I don't know. I must still be living under a rock.
Lol. Code Red is a popular video label that releases primarily cult/exploitation films.

I used to collect the Garbage Pail Kids cards as a kid, and I remember when the movie came out, but it's not really my cup of tea, so I passed on it for now.
Thanks given by:
GoldenWheels (01-21-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 04:26 AM   #4628

Jul 2016
Lancaster,CA

Quote:
So many people were raving about Garbage Pail Kids, I had to look it up. Somehow that movie never crossed my radar in spite of being young when it was released. I had never heard of it until I read the posts here, and I'm considered the movie fanatic in my family and among my acquaintances. I could only find a couple clips on Youtube and nowhere to rent it cheaply for streaming. I guess it must be an acquired taste because the clips I saw didn't make me feel like making a blind buy at this apparently highly discounted price.
Oh I ordered it but dont get me wrong it is a bad film,lol Cheesy 80's gross humor film..but it also is a nostalgia kind of deal...if you ever listen to the podcast "How Did This get made" they do an episode on this film.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-20-2020, 04:55 AM   #4629
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
Parts Unknown - because I blabbed about Mars!
-
-

Quote:
I don't think anybody is "raving" about it, necessarily. It's not a "good" movie, but...

1. It's a childhood favorite for many of us, including me.

2. A lot of collected the Garbage Pail Kids cards, which also adds nostalgia.

3. It's an OOP Shout title that people are getting for a song, so they're grabbing it.

(I foolishly paid full price when I thought it was going OOP, because I'd never gotten around to buying it before and didn't want to miss out. IMO, Mill Creek or some other label will end up re-issuing it, but probably without the cool cover art or any extras.)
Thanks given by:
gobad2003 (01-21-2020), Stalker101 (01-20-2020), Surge92 (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 03:36 PM   #4630

Dec 2012
Rochester, NY

Quote:
So many people were raving about Garbage Pail Kids, I had to look it up. Somehow that movie never crossed my radar in spite of being young when it was released. I had never heard of it until I read the posts here, and I'm considered the movie fanatic in my family and among my acquaintances. I could only find a couple clips on Youtube and nowhere to rent it cheaply for streaming. I guess it must be an acquired taste because the clips I saw didn't make me feel like making a blind buy at this apparently highly discounted price.
I have a big pile of Garbage Pail Kids cards from when I was a kid but I still can't bring myself to buy the movie even for $8. If it's still there next time I place an HB order, I may toss it in... but I'll still sleep OK at night if I miss it.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #4631

Sep 2015
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouchoDis View Post
I have a big pile of Garbage Pail Kids cards from when I was a kid but I still can't bring myself to buy the movie even for $8. If it's still there next time I place an HB order, I may toss it in... but I'll still sleep OK at night if I miss it.
Those were precisely my thoughts. I didn't care for the movie in 1987 (I think the fact the Kids didn't look anything like the CPK they were supposedly parodying had a lot to do with that), and I'm not interested now. I might still have some of the cards left, though, somewhere in my old room at my parents' house or the garage.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-20-2020, 06:53 PM   #4632
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalker101 View Post
Oh I ordered it but dont get me wrong it is a bad film,lol Cheesy 80's gross humor film..but it also is a nostalgia kind of deal...if you ever listen to the podcast "How Did This get made" they do an episode on this film.
Somehow I had never seen this film growing up even though I was aware it existed. Finally got around to watching it this past weekend. Is it bad? Yeah, it is haha, but I wouldn't say it's unwatchable since it has a weird sense of charm to it that's inherent to the era it was made. The "fashion" show was a nice laugh. The extras might be of more interest, such as the John Carl Buechler (RIP) interview about the effects; the interviews with the little people who played the GPKs were good too.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:20 AM   #4633

May 2019

I just wanted to say, if anyone here hasn’t seen FRANKENHOOKER, you owe it to yourself to pick up a $3 copy over at HB. It’s from the director of BASKET CASE and manages to push good taste like that film while maintaining a genuine heart at its core.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-21-2020, 03:11 AM   #4634

Dec 2012
Rochester, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfondoRosso View Post
I just wanted to say, if anyone here hasnít seen FRANKENHOOKER, you owe it to yourself to pick up a $3 copy over at HB. Itís from the director of BASKET CASE and manages to push good taste like that film while maintaining a genuine heart at its core.
Just as a counterpoint - I really like Basket Case, I love Brain Damage, and I love James Lorinz's performance in Street Trash - but I thought Frankenhooker was pretty awful last time I watched in, back in the DVD era.

I did pick up the Arrow bluray of it at some point for fairly cheap and will give it another shot one of these days, but I remember being really disappointed since I expected to love it.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:21 AM   #4635

Sep 2015
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfondoRosso View Post
I just wanted to say, if anyone here hasnít seen FRANKENHOOKER, you owe it to yourself to pick up a $3 copy over at HB. Itís from the director of BASKET CASE and manages to push good taste like that film while maintaining a genuine heart at its core.
I remember seeing it on the shelf at my local Blockbuster back in the early '90s, but it never caught my attention. I've seen Basket Case and Brain Damage. Is it comparable to those two?
Old 01-21-2020, 06:47 PM   #4636

Dec 2012
Rochester, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge92 View Post
I remember seeing it on the shelf at my local Blockbuster back in the early '90s, but it never caught my attention. I've seen Basket Case and Brain Damage. Is it comparable to those two?
It's been several years since I watched it, but my recollection is that it's really quite silly, too silly as I recall. I consider Brain Damage to be pretty serious (as serious as a singing blob can be!) and Frankenhooker is more of a farce.

Last edited by GrouchoDis; 01-23-2020 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:10 PM   #4637

Sep 2015
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouchoDis View Post
It's been several years since I watched it, but my recollection is that it's really quite silly, too silly as I recall. I consider Brain Damage to be pretty serious (as serious as a single blob can be!) and Frankenhooker is more of a farce.
That's why I never bothered with it. It sounded like something Troma would put out. And yeah, Brain Damage is no joke.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #4638
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

Received my order today...

-ANOMALISA
-KAHLIL GIBRAN'S THE PROPHET
-THE DEADLY DUO *
-EYE IN THE SKY
-PAYBACK TIME TRIPLE FEATURE (Blind Fury, Silent Rage, White Line Fever)
-THE CORRUPTOR
-CONTAGION
-MY LIFE AS A ZUCCHINI
-THE BEGUILED
-CARLITO'S WAY (steelbook)
-COOGAN'S BLUFF
-THE HOLE *
-SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD
-THE GRIFTERS

* Slipcover
Thanks given by:
Old 01-21-2020, 08:25 PM   #4639

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge92 View Post
That's why I never bothered with it. It sounded like something Troma would put out. And yeah, Brain Damage is no joke.
Hey now, hey now...let's not say things we can't take back!!!!!

Maybe we can do some kind of award or something when I finally sell the last one.
Thanks given by:
Savage_Blu (01-22-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 08:47 PM   #4640
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
Hey now, hey now...let's not say things we can't take back!!!!!

Maybe we can do some kind of award or something when I finally sell the last one.
"Congratulations you purchased the last copy of Frankenhooker! Your prize? 10 more copies of Frankenhooker on DVD. No returns!"
Thanks given by:
Fdup Flix (01-22-2020), fnvmaster (01-24-2020), GoldenWheels (01-22-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals