Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
16 hrs ago
Dodsworth (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 hr ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
 
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49
5 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
 
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
22 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #41
Bruce Morrison Bruce Morrison is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
26
1703
742
Default

Can anyone recommend a Norwegian on-line store that has an English version of the website and will ship to the UK?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #42
demoni demoni is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
demoni's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker24 View Post
If I have an American PS3 do I have to worry about the region coding?

And if the BR is region-free how would I go about getting one shipped to America?
If the movie is region free you can play it in a US PS3... as long as the movie is 24fps (and not 25fps that some European releases have).

Shipping to the US is a bit more tricky. My guess is that it's much more likely that some Swedish online store will ship this to the US than a Norwegian one. And since this is a Norwegian/Swedish release you should Google for Swedish online stores.

I know that the Norwegian Platekompaniet and the Scandinavian CDON do NOT ship to the US...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #43
USiT USiT is offline
Power Member
 
USiT's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Sweden
1
9
Default

I dont think any Swedish Online store ship to US.
CDON = No
Discshop = No
Webhallen = No

They are the biggest online store over here and none of the ship it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #44
Tyger Tyger is offline
Power Member
 
Tyger's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Sacramento, CA
-
-
-
-
1
Default

Bengans ships to the US, I pre-ordered The Best Of The Cardigans from them early last year cause it didn't look like it would be getting a US release

I'm getting my hopes up about this Mulholland Drive release, I hope it's region free and lossless
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #45
iamjohnsname iamjohnsname is offline
Junior Member
 
Jan 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Bengans ships to the US...

And Australia, so I'll go through them.

Except that shipping is about 90% the price of the film.

Blu-ray = 17Euro
Shipping = 13Euro

So I would need to buy a few more items to justify this. Any other Swedish only releases on the horizon?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:30 AM   #46
Zen_Amako Zen_Amako is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zen_Amako's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA
70
584
3
12
Default

I'm going to be cautious and wait for some reviews. I picked up the Studio Canal HD DVD and that was a disappointment. Since I didn't get to watch the film in the theater, I'm not sure if it's the transfer or the source, since the film was originally a pilot for a TV series that was expanded into a feature. It probably didn't have the budget of a film planned for a theatrical release from the outset, so I'm not sure if it can look much better. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:37 AM   #47
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is online now
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
-
24
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Morrison View Post
Can anyone recommend a Norwegian on-line store that has an English version of the website and will ship to the UK?
Norway is not the only country that would get a BD release of Mulholland Drive.

In any event, you could order the same disc that will be sold in Norway from Finland. Keep an eye on this listing (it will be active shortly):

http://www.filmifriikki.fi/product.p...product=703041

For an English-friendly interface, click on the U.S. flag in the upper right corner. The street date is identical -- December 2 -- and the shipping to a number of locations outside of Finland is very reasonable. For the record, the vendor is very reliable; I've used it a number of times during the years.

Ciao,
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 11-09-2009 at 05:40 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #48
demoni demoni is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
demoni's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
1
Default

And these also ship outside Sweden:

http://www.discshop.se/shop/ds_produ...=bluray&&ref=#

But the alternative from pro-bassoonist sounds like the best deal for non Scandinavian customers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #49
Bruce Morrison Bruce Morrison is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
26
1703
742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Norway is not the only country that would get a BD release of Mulholland Drive.

In any event, you could order the same disc that will be sold in Norway from Finland. Keep an eye on this listing (it will be active shortly):

http://www.filmifriikki.fi/product.p...product=703041

For an English-friendly interface, click on the U.S. flag in the upper right corner. The street date is identical -- December 2 -- and the shipping to a number of locations outside of Finland is very reasonable. For the record, the vendor is very reliable; I've used it a number of times during the years.

Ciao,
Pro-B
Thanks, that's very helpful. I'll definitely keep watching that page!

Incidentally, I noticed that the film title shown on the artwork is 'Mulholland Drive' rather than 'Mulholland Dr.'. I've always understood that 'Mulholland Dr.' is the correct title - is that the case?

Last edited by Bruce Morrison; 11-09-2009 at 09:27 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #50
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is online now
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
-
24
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Morrison View Post
Thanks, that's very helpful. I'll definitely keep watching that page!

Incidentally, I noticed that the film title shown on the artwork is 'Mulholland Drive' rather than 'Mulholland Dr.'. I've always understood that 'Mulholland Dr.' is the correct title - is that the case?
You are very welcome, Bruce

As to the title of the film, I'd go with the official Cannes listing -- Mulholland Drive.

Pro-B
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #51
demoni demoni is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
demoni's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
You are very welcome, Bruce

As to the title of the film, I'd go with the official Cannes listing -- Mulholland Drive.

Pro-B
My guess is that the Dr. title is a result of some of the artwork for the movie displaying a roadsign for Mulholland Drive... as this is shortened to Mulholland Dr.

I'd go for Mulholland Drive as the official title of the movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #52
Bruce Morrison Bruce Morrison is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
26
1703
742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoni View Post
My guess is that the Dr. title is a result of some of the artwork for the movie displaying a roadsign for Mulholland Drive... as this is shortened to Mulholland Dr.

I'd go for Mulholland Drive as the official title of the movie.
The only "title" we see in the film is the signboard during the credits sequence, which shows "Mulholland Dr.". I believe I read somewhere that all films legally have to show the title in some manner at or near the beginning, even if no other credits are shown. So I've always assumed that this was supposed to be the correct title.

(Another example of an oblique way of satisfying the requirement to show a film's title occurs in John Sayles' film "Sunshine State", where the title is shown by zooming into a close-up of a car's licence plate!)

Also, FWIW, IMDB lists the film as "Mulholland Dr.".
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #53
USiT USiT is offline
Power Member
 
USiT's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Sweden
1
9
Sweden

Did just get a mail from Pan Vision. The nordic release of this movie will have the same extras as the DVD and will be region B.

1080p High Definition, 16:9 1:1,85
Subtitles: swedish, norwegian, danish and finnish

Last edited by USiT; 11-23-2009 at 01:07 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #54
HumanMedia HumanMedia is offline
Special Member
 
HumanMedia's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USiT View Post
Did just get a mail from Pan Vision. The nordic release of this movie will have the same extras as the DVD and will be region B.

1080p High Definition, 16:9 1:1,85
Subtitles: swedish, norwegian, danish and finnish
Same extras as which DVD?
The French one had quite a few more than the USA release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #55
USiT USiT is offline
Power Member
 
USiT's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Sweden
1
9
Sweden

I guess its the nordic release she was talking about so should be trailer, intervju, b-roll and David Lynch's 10 clues for Mulholland Drive.

But i hope that this is included also Making of and Cannes 2001 Press Conference
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #56
demoni demoni is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
demoni's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USiT View Post
Did just get a mail from Pan Vision. The nordic release of this movie will have the same extras as the DVD and will be region B.

1080p High Definition, 16:9 1:1,85
Subtitles: swedish, norwegian, danish and finnish
No confirmation on the DTS-HD sound though...? It still says DD5.1 on the Pan Vision site.

Platekompaniet's site says DTS-HD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #57
Steve46 Steve46 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Steve46's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Oshawa, ON
2
884
79
16
Default

If it is just Region B, that would rule it out for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #58
tilapiah6 tilapiah6 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
tilapiah6's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
South Dakota
40
284
36
Default

The movie title is definitely Mulholland Dr. It's supposed to be identical to the sign.

If this is region B, I will be extremely disappointed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #59
tilapiah6 tilapiah6 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
tilapiah6's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
South Dakota
40
284
36
Default Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjohnsname View Post
And Australia, so I'll go through them.

Except that shipping is about 90% the price of the film.

Blu-ray = 17Euro
Shipping = 13Euro

So I would need to buy a few more items to justify this. Any other Swedish only releases on the horizon?
If the PQ and AQ are good, then I say that price is worth it. Then again, I'm pretty crazy about David Lynch and Blu-ray being in the same sentence, so I'll bite at around 45 USD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #60
USiT USiT is offline
Power Member
 
USiT's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Sweden
1
9
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoni View Post
No confirmation on the DTS-HD sound though...? It still says DD5.1 on the Pan Vision site.

Platekompaniet's site says DTS-HD.
I did mail and asked them... will return with the answer
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
David Lynch's Inland Empire... I almost messed up! Wish Lists Lepton 11 06-28-2017 06:52 PM
So...Mulholland Drive... Movies Sussudio 142 07-31-2016 12:17 AM
Mulholland Drive (David Lynch) France pro-bassoonist 28 10-11-2010 07:12 AM
Mulholland Drive ( Nordic ) opinions Blu-ray Movies - International Sweeney Todd 1 02-06-2010 03:11 PM
Mulholland Drive Blu-Ray???? Wish Lists Yankees0222 2 07-30-2009 08:43 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 AM.