Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
11 hrs ago
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
9 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
16 hrs ago
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
7 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Molly's Game (Blu-ray)
$5.00
3 hrs ago
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #41
MaCruz MaCruz is offline
Community Gaming Moderator
 
MaCruz's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
160
45
928
17
231
523
474
192
23
139
Default

Looks like I have to go back and manually add those Box-Sets to my collection since I added the movies individually. Oh well, I like this change much better because it's accurate.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #42
Silo5 Silo5 is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2008
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
Should be active any day now.
Ok. thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:24 PM   #43
madlost1 madlost1 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
madlost1's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA
9
1258
341
42
Default

I actually have a question thats related but not. Is there any particular reason that when you add a title to your wish list it will add it to your collection count. I don't see a need for another addition to your count just from adding a title you don't own to your wish list.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #44
iceman iceman is offline
Developer
 
iceman's Avatar
 
May 2003
13
5
68
13
1
6
5
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlost1 View Post
I actually have a question thats related but not. Is there any particular reason that when you add a title to your wish list it will add it to your collection count. I don't see a need for another addition to your count just from adding a title you don't own to your wish list.
The default "Wishlist" is not included in the collection count. However, if you make a custom (wish)list it will be counted.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #45
iceman iceman is offline
Developer
 
iceman's Avatar
 
May 2003
13
5
68
13
1
6
5
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
A new field in the database has been introduced under the "Disc info" section: "Unique movies" (with a tool-tip).

I have set as many bundles as possible to the proper count and all other titles to default to 1, so a lot of BDs need to be identified and updated manually, so please help out

(Since this is very new it is not yet reflected in your collection count, but it will be soon).
This has now been implemented (sorry about the delay guys), so collection counts should now be accurate. If your collection count isn't calculated properly, then "unique movies" isn't set properly on one or several titles.

If you update the "unique movies" count for a title, you will need to edit your collection once to re-calculate your total collection count.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #46
Blu Titan Blu Titan is offline
Super Moderator
 
Blu Titan's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai
42
34
2745
2
92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
This has now been implemented (sorry about the delay guys), so collection counts should now be accurate. If your collection count isn't calculated properly, then "unique movies" isn't set properly on one or several titles.

If you update the "unique movies" count for a title, you will need to edit your collection once to re-calculate your total collection count.
Great addition as the movie collection is a very popular feature .
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #47
pentatonic pentatonic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pentatonic's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada
570
1
6
158
Default

Wow cool, was wondering why all of a sudden I had like 30 more in my collection this morning. Great feature guys, thanks for all the hard work and let's hope that users update the db if they see some series or box set not adding up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:31 PM   #48
Deadset Deadset is offline
Man in the Box
 
Deadset's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
28
1
1618
175
1
14
34
Default

now it makes me look even more like an addict!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:51 PM   #49
Liselotte Liselotte is offline
Power Member
 
Liselotte's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Baltimore, MD
1068
31
Default messed up collection count?

on the collection page, the # of titles you have is different than the one on the right side panel.

mine says 298, but on the right side, it says 337 o.O
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #50
Silo5 Silo5 is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2008
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
This has now been implemented (sorry about the delay guys), so collection counts should now be accurate. If your collection count isn't calculated properly, then "unique movies" isn't set properly on one or several titles.

If you update the "unique movies" count for a title, you will need to edit your collection once to re-calculate your total collection count.
I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm not finding where "Disc info: unique movies" is located. Can you tell me how to get to it?

***DISREGARD*** I found it.

Last edited by Silo5; 10-13-2010 at 05:34 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #51
iceman iceman is offline
Developer
 
iceman's Avatar
 
May 2003
13
5
68
13
1
6
5
2
2
Default

It's still displaying the number of unique SKUs, this will be patched shortly
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #52
Marcus Wright Marcus Wright is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Marcus Wright's Avatar
 
May 2010
Toronto, Canada
17
143
13
23
Default

I fought maybe i will find an answer here.

Today I woke up and saw that my collection is 99 instead of 80.
What is going on?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #53
Marcus Wright Marcus Wright is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Marcus Wright's Avatar
 
May 2010
Toronto, Canada
17
143
13
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Stormcrow View Post
They changed it so box sets now count as the full number movies inside the set instead of just one movie.
They dont count wishlists though, do they?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #54
LordCrumb LordCrumb is online now
Moderator
 
LordCrumb's Avatar
 
May 2009
New Zealand
4
322
2898
109
12
67
Default

I liked it the other way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 PM   #55
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiGusto View Post
I liked it the other way.
Same here and I really hope there is a way to have it both ways. I still count a box set as just 1 title because that's what it is just 1 title.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #56
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wright View Post
I fought maybe i will find an answer here.

Today I woke up and saw that my collection is 99 instead of 80.
What is going on?
They changed it so box sets now count as the full number movies inside the set instead of just one movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wright View Post
They dont count wishlists though, do they?
I have no idea on that but I wouldn't think so, those really shouldn't count towards your collection total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiGusto View Post
I liked it the other way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Same here and I really hope there is a way to have it both ways. I still count a box set as just 1 title because that's what it is just 1 title.
Can't please everyone and I'm sure they took that into consideration before making this major and welcome(to me, at least) change to the site

Last edited by Deciazulado; 10-14-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: weird typo
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #57
LordCrumb LordCrumb is online now
Moderator
 
LordCrumb's Avatar
 
May 2009
New Zealand
4
322
2898
109
12
67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Stormcrow View Post
Can't please everyone and I'm sure they took that into consideration before making this major and welcome(to me, at least) change to the site.
Nope, you sure as heck can't. Luckily people can voice their own opinions freely on the interweb

Last edited by Deciazulado; 10-14-2010 at 12:18 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #58
Marcus Wright Marcus Wright is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Marcus Wright's Avatar
 
May 2010
Toronto, Canada
17
143
13
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiGusto View Post
I liked it the other way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Same here and I really hope there is a way to have it both ways. I still count a box set as just 1 title because that's what it is just 1 title.
+1.
Box sets are 1 title for me as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #59
RedIsNotBlue RedIsNotBlue is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
May 2007
502
10
200
Default

I disagree. One movie should be counted as just that...one movie. And if I have a single Blu-ray that contains two films then I think it should be considered as two instead of one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #60
Marcus Wright Marcus Wright is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Marcus Wright's Avatar
 
May 2010
Toronto, Canada
17
143
13
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
I disagree. One movie should be counted as just that...one movie. And if I have a single Blu-ray that contains two films then I think it should be considered as two instead of one.
Well, for me trilogies like LOTR or Matrixes are basically one movie, thus, they should be counted as one title.
Your logic is logical too though.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Tags
collection, collection count, collection price worth, list, movie, print, printable

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:45 PM.