Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
8 hrs ago
Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$21.49
17 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
 
Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49
23 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
 
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
 
Titans: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
13 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > IronPack


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #21
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
52
798
5
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brake View Post
Just preordered mine too, first time I've EVER preordered ANYTHING. - $110 AUD

I normally wait for things to be released as the price nearly always drops but I just can't miss out on this bad boy

Does HMV charge now or when it ships?

Also, if the price drops between now and shipping time do that honour it?

Cheers...
They only charge when the item is dispatched. And they have a pre order price promiss so that you always get the cheapest price if it goes down between now and dispatch

EDIT: It's a shame it's releasing so early in November gunna have to pass on it. If it was out early December I might have had a chance to get it. But I'm expecting it to be sold out by then

Last edited by Mavrick; 10-07-2011 at 06:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #22
Hellrazor Hellrazor is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2010
The Netherlands!
263
13
Default

I don't know which one to choose. This one looks sweet! English title, probably Dutch subs...but the price. The German version is almost half the price, but not sure if it will come in a wooden box, and with all the extras, and the German title...

Don't know what to do!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:13 AM   #23
Panserbjorne Panserbjorne is offline
Junior Member
 
Oct 2011
Default Audio from lion king trilogy (exclusive from hmv)

how do i know, the audios from the UK version of the lion king trilogy (exclusive from hmv). It has the english audio, and which more?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #24
brake brake is offline
Expert Member
 
brake's Avatar
 
May 2010
AU
8
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
They only charge when the item is dispatched. And they have a pre order price promiss so that you always get the cheapest price if it goes down between now and dispatch

EDIT: It's a shame it's releasing so early in November gunna have to pass on it. If it was out early December I might have had a chance to get it. But I'm expecting it to be sold out by then
Thanks for that, I hope the exchange rate doesn't drop between now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrazor View Post
I don't know which one to choose. This one looks sweet! English title, probably Dutch subs...but the price. The German version is almost half the price, but not sure if it will come in a wooden box, and with all the extras, and the German title...

Don't know what to do!
Well the way I see it it's worth paying extra for this one because it's a limited run of 3000, plus it's my favourite movie!

Oh, and I learnt the hard way with the DVD getting locked away in the vault, this time I'm going to stock up and buy a few different versions from around the globe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:45 AM   #25
AddemFlood AddemFlood is offline
Senior Member
 
AddemFlood's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
Southampton, England
10
262
13
Default

Urgh. I've preordered. Didn't really need this expense Disney.

Goes to ebay to sell something for the money....
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #26
Groge511 Groge511 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Groge511's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Scotland
175
32
523
330
33
2
7
United Kingdom Amazing!

Pre-ordered this earlier today. I missed the DVD's back in 2004 so I'm going all out with this collection!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #27
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
52
798
5
1
Default

Gah!

I just got back from seeing Lion King 3D and I'm speechless! It was so beautiful! Better than I had imagined, now I want ths set more than ever!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #28
brake brake is offline
Expert Member
 
brake's Avatar
 
May 2010
AU
8
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Gah!

I just got back from seeing Lion King 3D and I'm speechless! It was so beautiful! Better than I had imagined, now I want ths set more than ever!
Did you happen to notice the audio being "off"?

When I saw it in the cinema the audio wasn't right, it was like there was not enough bass and midrange was lacking a bit. Maybe I've just been spoiled by blu-ray or maybe the settings in the cinema were off.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #29
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
52
798
5
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brake View Post
Did you happen to notice the audio being "off"?

When I saw it in the cinema the audio wasn't right, it was like there was not enough bass and midrange was lacking a bit. Maybe I've just been spoiled by blu-ray or maybe the settings in the cinema were off.
Actually, that was the first thing I noticed, what with the great music being a huge part of The Lion King. It was quite flat in that it lacked a lot LFE!

I still got chills during the opening scene, and through out the film, but there was a serious lack of bass in the audio track.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #30
brake brake is offline
Expert Member
 
brake's Avatar
 
May 2010
AU
8
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Actually, that was the first thing I noticed, what with the great music being a huge part of The Lion King. It was quite flat in that it lacked a lot LFE!

I still got chills during the opening scene, and through out the film, but there was a serious lack of bass in the audio track.
Interesting... I thought it was just the settings in the cinema.

Thank god for the Blu-ray!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #31
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
3
236
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brake View Post
Did you happen to notice the audio being "off"?

When I saw it in the cinema the audio wasn't right, it was like there was not enough bass and midrange was lacking a bit. Maybe I've just been spoiled by blu-ray or maybe the settings in the cinema were off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Actually, that was the first thing I noticed, what with the great music being a huge part of The Lion King. It was quite flat in that it lacked a lot LFE!

I still got chills during the opening scene, and through out the film, but there was a serious lack of bass in the audio track.
snap
I thought it was just a bad audio set up in the screen/cinema but apparently not
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #32
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
52
798
5
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
snap
I thought it was just a bad audio set up in the screen/cinema but apparently not
Well I'm glad that it wasn't just me. The sound was very clear. It was great, just lacked LFE. Hopefully not an issue when it comes to the BD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #33
brake brake is offline
Expert Member
 
brake's Avatar
 
May 2010
AU
8
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
snap
I thought it was just a bad audio set up in the screen/cinema but apparently not


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Well I'm glad that it wasn't just me. The sound was very clear. It was great, just lacked LFE. Hopefully not an issue when it comes to the BD.
Nah the BD is amazing, I've already watched it (the French Version) and it's amazing AQ
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #34
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
3
236
20
Default

wonder why the lack of bass on the cinema release
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #35
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
52
798
5
1
Default

Glad to hear about the BD Audio
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #36
Groge511 Groge511 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Groge511's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Scotland
175
32
523
330
33
2
7
United Kingdom

Cannot wait to receive my copy.
Only 3000 and I'm 1 of them!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #37
shdl83 shdl83 is offline
Special Member
 
shdl83's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Sydney, Australia
223
4
20
Default

How much is this after VAT is taken away?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #38
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
3
236
20
Default

just knock off 20%
though am pretty sure even international buyers will have to pay VAT
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #39
aequalszero aequalszero is offline
Special Member
 
aequalszero's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
UK
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
snap
I thought it was just a bad audio set up in the screen/cinema but apparently not
How interesting - have there been any reports of poor bass repoduction on the blu-ray releases?

Probably my favourite part of this film is the title sequence and my favourite part of the sequence is that hard cut to the title card - which comes with a big bass kick!

I've watched it from the SE DVD with the DEHTM 5.1 track a number of times. Can't wait for the blu-ray!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #40
Lnds500 Lnds500 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Lnds500's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Athens, Greece
1
211
30
12
235
2
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdl83 View Post
How much is this after VAT is taken away?
What's your country's VAT? You won't get an accurate price if you just remove 20%.

for example
- if you pay $100 the pre-VAT (20%) price will be $83,33
- if you subtract 20% from the $100 though, it will be like you payed $20 VAT, which is wrong
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > IronPack


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15 PM.