Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
1 hr ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
14 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
15 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Orphen: Complete Collection SD (Blu-ray)
$10.99
 
The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Motherless Brooklyn (Blu-ray)
$14.99
14 hrs ago
Why Don't You Just Die! (Blu-ray)
$21.99
6 hrs ago
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
Madman2112 Madman2112 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Madman2112's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
In the good 'ol USA
18
-5
Default ShopKick

Could someone explain how this works? I have accumulated some points that I want to use at a particular store but I'm not sure how to go about getting the certificate. Say if I had 500 points what amount would be about to get on as a certificate?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
G:Box G:Box is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
G:Box's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
5
334
-6
Default

500 kicks = $2 reward zone points.........
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
Bluballs31 Bluballs31 is offline
Special Member
 
May 2008
2
-5
Default

you click rewards at the bottom

pick your reward

hit redeem

take your phone to cashier and they will enter in the code
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
michaeljoo michaeljoo is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Nov 2009
-
25
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluballs31 View Post
you click rewards at the bottom

pick your reward

hit redeem

take your phone to cashier and they will enter in the code
What Bluballs31 said, but to find your certificate after you redeem it, you have to click the first tab (the one on the left probably with your name on it).

Once there, under the "My Stuff tab" you should see an icon representing the store that you got the certificate for. For example, if you redeemed points for a BB cert, you should see a BB icon there.

Click the icon and a screen with a code should appear. The cashier has to type in that code at the register. Unfortunately, there is no bar code the the cashier has to manually type it in, and it's like 30 digits long.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #5
Madman2112 Madman2112 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Madman2112's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
In the good 'ol USA
18
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGBox View Post
500 kicks = $2 reward zone points
Wow! That's disappointing.

Thanks everyone!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #6
runnersdialzero runnersdialzero is offline
Power Member
 
runnersdialzero's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Little Rock, AR
3
849
-6
Default

I often stop by Best Buy on my way home from work. Go to the front entrance and get my walk in points.

Google shopkick barcodes and the first site has a updated list of barcodes you can scan. You can get to 1250 in no time. Just make sure to scan other stores. Do this for about 4 days. 1250 points is a $5 reward.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
deltasun deltasun is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
deltasun's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level
80
2783
36
1
1
1054
-7
Default

Depending on where you live, you can clean up on walk-in / scan-in points. I usually average a $10 BBY cert every 7-8 days, simply because I have participating stores nearby.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
tbizzle tbizzle is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tbizzle's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Folsom, CA
61
524
50
-8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
Depending on where you live, you can clean up on walk-in / scan-in points. I usually average a $10 BBY cert every 7-8 days, simply because I have participating stores nearby.
Nice! I have one close, maybe I should start doing this as well
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
MvRojo MvRojo is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
108
3277
3
2
14
-8
Default

How do you get the walk-in to work? I've only tried once, but I followed the directions, but it didn't work.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #10
michaeljoo michaeljoo is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Nov 2009
-
25
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
Depending on where you live, you can clean up on walk-in / scan-in points. I usually average a $10 BBY cert every 7-8 days, simply because I have participating stores nearby.
I would love this program and be cleaning up on points (sort of, where I live the walk in opportunities are not quite that abundant) if only the walk-in points would work for me.

Unfortunately, I don't have an iPhone or other smart phone and am using an iPad2 and it seems that the walk-in points don't seem to work with the iPad2, even though it has a mic (and I think the walk-ins are recognized via a high frequency emitter that is detected when you are in range).

Well, whatever the reason, my walk-in points never work, whether I'm on a 3G signal or the store's wifi network.

I am left trying to accumulate points by tapping on those 1-2 pt bubbles in my nearby stores list, collecting 5-10 pt bonus items in my bonus board, and by scanning.

It's excruciating and I think it takes me like a month to get the 500 pts for a $2 cert if there are enough things for me to scan at BB.

Has anybody gotten the walk-in points to work with an iPad2?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #11
michaeljoo michaeljoo is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Nov 2009
-
25
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvRojo View Post
How do you get the walk-in to work? I've only tried once, but I followed the directions, but it didn't work.
I think you are supposed to stop at the entrance to the store that offers walk-in points. The icon with the man walking in the door should be green, indicating you are in range for the walk in.

Then I think you just launch the app, tap the bubble that has the walk in points, and I think the points will be added to your account.

At least that's how I think it's supposed to work. It's never worked for me on my iPad2.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #12
deltasun deltasun is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
deltasun's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level
80
2783
36
1
1
1054
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljoo View Post
I would love this program and be cleaning up on points (sort of, where I live the walk in opportunities are not quite that abundant) if only the walk-in points would work for me.

Unfortunately, I don't have an iPhone or other smart phone and am using an iPad2 and it seems that the walk-in points don't seem to work with the iPad2, even though it has a mic (and I think the walk-ins are recognized via a high frequency emitter that is detected when you are in range).

Well, whatever the reason, my walk-in points never work, whether I'm on a 3G signal or the store's wifi network.

I am left trying to accumulate points by tapping on those 1-2 pt bubbles in my nearby stores list, collecting 5-10 pt bonus items in my bonus board, and by scanning.

It's excruciating and I think it takes me like a month to get the 500 pts for a $2 cert if there are enough things for me to scan at BB.

Has anybody gotten the walk-in points to work with an iPad2?
Sorry, not sure how it would work on an iPad 2. There are other scanning opportunities like Target, Macy's, sometime Sports Authority, and now Michael's...if you have these nearby, of course. Then, if you have Simon Malls, you can get the monthly 200-kick scan for "purchasing" gift cards. Macy's also has this 200-kick scan once a month for their D&G perfumes.

I live across a BBY, Macy's and Michael's. My commute goes through another mall with another BBY, Sports Authority, and Crate n Barrel. Just lucky in where I'm located. When I went to NoCal, there was even more opportunities since their Targets, Toys r Us, etc. had walk-in as well. I was stopping in on the way home from work for that week. Plus, they had 180-kick walk-in's at Target one day. I think I eventually cashed out $30 of certs that week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljoo View Post
I think you are supposed to stop at the entrance to the store that offers walk-in points. The icon with the man walking in the door should be green, indicating you are in range for the walk in.

Then I think you just launch the app, tap the bubble that has the walk in points, and I think the points will be added to your account.

At least that's how I think it's supposed to work. It's never worked for me on my iPad2.
I usually have the app open already as I walk into the store (but make sure it doesn't sleep on you). You may have to pause a few seconds by the door until you see the green indicator (upper left for Droids) light up. Just hold it till it becomes a bubble. I think for the apple devices, you then pop the bubble. For Droids, it just pops by itself.

For me, by the time I get to the movies section, the walk-in points have already been added.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:16 AM   #13
deltasun deltasun is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
deltasun's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level
80
2783
36
1
1
1054
-7
Default

If Shopkick gets 45K "likes" on Facebook, they will have 3-pt check-in's. They're at 44,713 last I looked.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:18 AM   #14
Bodyslide Bodyslide is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bodyslide's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Woodstock Georgia
76
789
76
24
-5
Default

We also scan products at any store, not just the one they have listed...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:20 AM   #15
deltasun deltasun is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
deltasun's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level
80
2783
36
1
1
1054
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyslide View Post
We also scan products at any store, not just the one they have listed...
But make sure you're in a store that is designated for scanning said products. If not, you will get banned.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #16
deltasun deltasun is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
deltasun's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level
80
2783
36
1
1
1054
-7
Default

Old Navy just joined SK. Get 150 walk-in kicks at Old Navy from 10/10-10/13.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #17
philflores81 philflores81 is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2009
286
1115
2
-8
Default

hey guys i have a question regarding shop kick rewards. i have 10000 kicks i was thinking on using it on a best buy gift card worth $25. Can I get 2 $25 or just 1.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #18
deltasun deltasun is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
deltasun's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level
80
2783
36
1
1
1054
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philflores81 View Post
hey guys i have a question regarding shop kick rewards. i have 10000 kicks i was thinking on using it on a best buy gift card worth $25. Can I get 2 $25 or just 1.
$20 = 5000 kicks. So, you can redeem two $20 gift certs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #19
MvRojo MvRojo is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
108
3277
3
2
14
-8
Default

So has anyone gotten the Walk-In to work with an ipod touch? I've only tried a few times, but I still haven't had a success yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #20
deltasun deltasun is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
deltasun's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level
80
2783
36
1
1
1054
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvRojo View Post
So has anyone gotten the Walk-In to work with an ipod touch? I've only tried a few times, but I still haven't had a success yet.
Does it have a mic? It needs a mic to pick up the tone.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:38 AM.