Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
10 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
19 hrs ago
Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
3 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
 
Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$17.91
18 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.46
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 02:32 AM   #1
RustinCohle RustinCohle is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RustinCohle's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
413
1145
140
-5
Default Amazon Packaging Has Gone Downhill

My last several blu-ray purchases through Amazon have all come in padded envelopes instead of boxes and it's really starting to annoy me. They used to send EVERYTHING in a box even if it was just one individual movie. It would be shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard (so it didn't slide around) and then put inside a box.

Now they just throw it in a padded envelope and USPS/FedEx or whoever just throws them around like it's nothing. I'm awaiting my third replacement of Blade Runner 4k as the first two cases were damaged. Took me four replacements to get a Godfather that didn't have all the corners bent in.

I've noticed that even if you purchase multiple blu-rays, and they can fit them all in an envelope, they will. I just recently got three blu-rays shoved into one of those padded envelopes. Immediately had to send them all back due to damage.

Maybe it's being 'eco-friendly' or less wasteful or whatever, but it's inconvenient. Why do I even continue paying for prime when it takes me at least three replacements PER MOVIE until I get one that isn't damaged.

Amazon probably has my account flagged for too many replacements by this point..
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:35 AM   #2
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
23
151
48
15
-5
Default

I've been buying from Amazon for 7 years and have never once got a single movie in a box. I ordered 2 large 400 page books last weekend and they both came in one oversized envelope. Nothing gets sent in a box unless it HAS to. Even then they find a perfect fit box so that the item still receives shipping damage.

Amazon has never had good shipping in my experience, I didn't know this was something new.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mogwai_macabre (09-13-2017), neoz (09-14-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:35 AM   #3
PissedOffPeoN PissedOffPeoN is online now
Power Member
 
Nov 2013
O Fallon, Missouri
2
-6
Default

You can pay a little extra and get them gift wrapped and they will be in a box with bubble wrap with a bag over it saying who its from.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:38 AM   #4
J2005 J2005 is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2014
110
256
25
320
384
24
-5
Default

I know what you mean that's why I rarely order from amazon anymore unless it's a rare item at a good price from a 3rd party Best Buy & Target get most if not all my business cause at least they know how to package things properly.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
neoz (09-14-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:38 AM   #5
shinobipopcorn shinobipopcorn is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
shinobipopcorn's Avatar
 
Jan 2017
Cow Country
10
12
337
283
242
194
30
6
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinCohle View Post
My last several blu-ray purchases through Amazon have all come in padded envelopes instead of boxes and it's really starting to annoy me. They used to send EVERYTHING in a box even if it was just one individual movie. It would be shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard (so it didn't slide around) and then put inside a box.
Did you order from amazon Japan? Because that is the only time I've ever gotten anything from them packaged this way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:41 AM   #6
bigjim25 bigjim25 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
WV
16
3011
1892
10
843
15
4
490
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobipopcorn View Post
Did you order from amazon Japan? Because that is the only time I've ever gotten anything from them packaged this way.
I've got them packaged like that before also from AMAZON.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:42 AM   #7
darkness2918 darkness2918 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
darkness2918's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
1
29
805
138
141
0
Default

I order a lot of movies from Amazon & while they do ship in padded envelopes I've never had a damaged movie. Some of the slips may come with with not perfect corners but I don't consider that damage really.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:42 AM   #8
Scarface32 Scarface32 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Scarface32's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
New York
6
1092
326
4
3
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2005 View Post
I know what you mean that's why I rarely order from amazon anymore unless it's a rare item at a good price from a 3rd party Best Buy & Target get most if not all my business cause at least they know how to package things properly.
You got to be kidding me. Best Buy has worse packaging for movies than Amazon. My slipcovers always have a crushed edge due to the crap packaging. It's always too tight.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:45 AM   #9
J2005 J2005 is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2014
110
256
25
320
384
24
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
You got to be kidding me. Best Buy has worse packaging for movies than Amazon. My slipcovers always have a crushed edge due to the crap packaging. It's always too tight.
everything I've ordered from either store has come in a box with zero damage so I dunno but that's just been my experience.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:48 AM   #10
wormraper wormraper is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona
369
4430
2
479
-7
Default

Amazon has sold stuff to me in the padded envelop for over 15 years. Nothing new
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:58 AM   #11
Brian81 Brian81 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Brian81's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
4
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinCohle View Post
Why do I even continue paying for prime when it takes me at least three replacements PER MOVIE until I get one that isn't damaged.

You're not alone. I had PRIME for about 4-5 years, but cancelled about a year after they started pulling this. Why pay EXTRA for poor service? I might as well order from Best Buy or Walmart.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:58 AM   #12
ChaosHD ChaosHD is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ChaosHD's Avatar
 
Jul 2016
Northern CA, USA
-
-
-8
Default

From 1999 to january 2016, everything i ordered from Amazon was shipped in a box. Then throughout 2016 i noticed that more and more packages were coming in a padded envelope. And now this year, everything has come in a padded envelope, not one box. Even when i ordered five discs at once, they arrived in two separate padded envelopes instead of a box even though they were shipped the same day. Pathetic.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018), John.Gotti (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:59 AM   #13
Brian81 Brian81 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Brian81's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
4
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I've been buying from Amazon for 7 years and have never once got a single movie in a box. I ordered 2 large 400 page books last weekend and they both came in one oversized envelope. Nothing gets sent in a box unless it HAS to. Even then they find a perfect fit box so that the item still receives shipping damage.

Amazon has never had good shipping in my experience, I didn't know this was something new.
How the OP described is how it used to be.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:03 AM   #14
RustinCohle RustinCohle is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RustinCohle's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
413
1145
140
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I've been buying from Amazon for 7 years and have never once got a single movie in a box. I ordered 2 large 400 page books last weekend and they both came in one oversized envelope. Nothing gets sent in a box unless it HAS to. Even then they find a perfect fit box so that the item still receives shipping damage.

Amazon has never had good shipping in my experience, I didn't know this was something new.
I've been buying blu-rays from Amazon for just as long and only recently stared getting them in envelopes. It was always boxes no matter if it was one movie or five.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:04 AM   #15
JMDiaz718 JMDiaz718 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
JMDiaz718's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
DC Metro Area
1
-5
Send a message via AIM to JMDiaz718 Send a message via Yahoo to JMDiaz718
Default

The worst, is when they ship big coffee table books, in boxes with NO padding! I've had to return several books, because of dents or ripped dust jackets, several times.

Yes, when I first joined, they shrink wrap books, movies and CDs, to a piece of cardboard. The cardboard was the size of the box, so everything stayed in place, in the center to avoid damage. Since they stopped, I've received item after item, damaged.

And don't get me started on Amazon's courier service! Sucks, sucks, sucks. They tossed two of my packages into the bushes. They mark items delivered, but they haven't. Twice, they sent texts saying item was going to be delayed, AFTER I had already grabbed them from my porch!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018), John.Gotti (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 03:04 AM   #16
RustinCohle RustinCohle is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RustinCohle's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
413
1145
140
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobipopcorn View Post
Did you order from amazon Japan? Because that is the only time I've ever gotten anything from them packaged this way.
No. I've only ever ordered movies sold and shipped by Amazon with free two day prime shipping. It was only recently they started coming in envelopes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:04 AM   #17
wvuwhat wvuwhat is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
wvuwhat's Avatar
 
May 2013
Ashburn, VA
29
571
124
-5
Default

Target, Best Buy and Amazon has pretty bad packaging nowadays. I've contacted all 3 and they have no problem replacing them. Most recently I had a Parks and Rec Funko from Amazon that was shipped in a box that came damaged. I was refunded and sent a new one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:05 AM   #18
Arawn Arawn is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Arawn's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
-4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2005 View Post
everything I've ordered from either store has come in a box with zero damage so I dunno but that's just been my experience.
The last thing I got from BB came in a plastic bag/envelope thing but it had a decent amount of bubble wrap on the inside.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:06 AM   #19
RustinCohle RustinCohle is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RustinCohle's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
413
1145
140
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosHD View Post
From 1999 to january 2016, everything i ordered from Amazon was shipped in a box. Then throughout 2016 i noticed that more and more packages were coming in a padded envelope. And now this year, everything has come in a padded envelope, not one box. Even when i ordered five discs at once, they arrived in two separate padded envelopes instead of a box even though they were shipped the same day. Pathetic.
I'm glad I'm not alone here in noticing this has been happening more and more frequently as of recently. It's extremely frustrating.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018)
Old 09-13-2017, 03:06 AM   #20
jarrod_inf jarrod_inf is online now
Special Member
 
jarrod_inf's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
129
1617
12
1
-6
Default

I feel like every thread mentions this topic constantly. My tolerance for receiving dinged or damaged cases is rather high so their methods don't bother me at all. I understand others are bothered and it's their prerogative to cease shopping with them.

One advantage to the padded envelopes is that they fit in my mail box so there are no packages just chilling against my door in plain view.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:24 AM.