Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
18 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
4 hrs ago
Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49
 
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
 
Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
10 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2015, 03:33 AM   #21
whatever_gong82 whatever_gong82 is offline
Member
 
whatever_gong82's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
1
761
174
USA

I'm trying to add Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory Blu-ray (2010-US) with my Blu-ray dot com app, but it won't add automatically like it does with the others.

I have the UPC on the back of the Blu-ray, but how can I add it to my collection???

Please note, I have done what was suggested in adding the movie, but it has not worked for me at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:18 PM   #22
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA 🦅
5
-
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
I'm trying to add Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory Blu-ray (2010-US) with my Blu-ray dot com app, but it won't add automatically like it does with the others.

I have the UPC on the back of the Blu-ray, but how can I add it to my collection???

Please note, I have done what was suggested in adding the movie, but it has not worked for me at all.
What is the UPC of that version of Willy Wonka? Perhaps it's missing from the database.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
whatever_gong82 (06-10-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 03:15 AM   #23
whatever_gong82 whatever_gong82 is offline
Member
 
whatever_gong82's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
1
761
174
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
What is the UPC of that version of Willy Wonka? Perhaps it's missing from the database.
Here it is:

883929466795

ISBN 0-7806-6456-6

ASIN: B003ZHR6PW

Very odd that I can't add it at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:47 AM   #24
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA 🦅
5
-
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
Here it is:

883929466795

ISBN 0-7806-6456-6

ASIN: B003ZHR6PW

Very odd that I can't add it at all.
That UPC doesn't appear to be in the database yet. The UPC of the version associated with Amazon's B003ZHR6PW is 883929321001 which is this release:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Willy...Blu-ray/14690/

That release also has the same ISBN that you listed.

Are there any stickers covering the UPC on the coverart? Sometimes retailers stick their own UPCs over the standard UPC.

Last edited by Evil; 06-09-2015 at 06:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
whatever_gong82 (06-10-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 06:46 AM   #25
whatever_gong82 whatever_gong82 is offline
Member
 
whatever_gong82's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
1
761
174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
That UPC doesn't appear to be in the database yet. The UPC of the version associated with Amazon's B003ZHR6PW is 883929321001 which is this release:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Willy...Blu-ray/14690/

That release also has the same ISBN that you listed.

Are there any stickers covering the UPC on the coverart? Sometimes retailers stick their own UPCs over the standard UPC.
No stickers covering up the UPC on the back of the Blu-ray disc.

By the way, this also has a Digital Copy for either VUDU or Flixster.

One other thing that I forgot to mention: I bought this for $7.88 Saturday at Wal-Mart.

I've just found out something that may be important: the UPC/SKU for my receipt for Willy Wonka is different than what the back of my Blu-ray is. Here is the UPC/SKU from the receipt:

088392946679
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:53 AM   #26
whatever_gong82 whatever_gong82 is offline
Member
 
whatever_gong82's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
1
761
174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
That UPC doesn't appear to be in the database yet. The UPC of the version associated with Amazon's B003ZHR6PW is 883929321001 which is this release:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Willy...Blu-ray/14690/

That release also has the same ISBN that you listed.

Are there any stickers covering the UPC on the coverart? Sometimes retailers stick their own UPCs over the standard UPC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
No stickers covering up the UPC on the back of the Blu-ray disc.

By the way, this also has a Digital Copy for either VUDU or Flixster.

One other thing that I forgot to mention: I bought this for $7.88 Saturday at Wal-Mart.

I've just found out something that may be important: the UPC/SKU for my receipt for Willy Wonka is different than what the back of my Blu-ray is. Here is the UPC/SKU from the receipt:

088392946679
By the way, the cover to my Blu-ray looks exactly like this one, including the side:

http://www.amazon.com/Willy-Wonka-Ch...COLATE+FACTORY
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:50 AM   #27
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA 🦅
5
-
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
No stickers covering up the UPC on the back of the Blu-ray disc.

By the way, this also has a Digital Copy for either VUDU or Flixster.

One other thing that I forgot to mention: I bought this for $7.88 Saturday at Wal-Mart.

I've just found out something that may be important: the UPC/SKU for my receipt for Willy Wonka is different than what the back of my Blu-ray is. Here is the UPC/SKU from the receipt:

088392946679
Ahh, Walmart. I've come across a couple titles in their $7.88 bins recently that looked like the standard releases but had different UPCs and came with digital copies (such as Election).

If you don't mind, please submit the info from your version so it can be added to the database:
https://www.blu-ray.com/products/?c=...parentid=21979

Once approved, it should be recognized by the app.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
whatever_gong82 (06-10-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #28
whatever_gong82 whatever_gong82 is offline
Member
 
whatever_gong82's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
1
761
174
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Ahh, Walmart. I've come across a couple titles in their $7.88 bins recently that looked like the standard releases but had different UPCs and came with digital copies (such as Election).

If you don't mind, please submit the info from your version so it can be added to the database:
https://www.blu-ray.com/products/?c=...parentid=21979

Once approved, it should be recognized by the app.

I did what you advised me to do a few hours ago before I had to get some sleep. I got a message that it should be approved by a mod/administrator soon.

Thanks for the suggestions and tips!!

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Evil (06-09-2015)
Old 06-10-2015, 05:41 AM   #29
whatever_gong82 whatever_gong82 is offline
Member
 
whatever_gong82's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
1
761
174
USA

I just uploaded Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory Blu-ray and it is now on my list of Blu-ray movies that I own.

Thanks again for the help Evil!!

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Evil (06-10-2015)
Old 07-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #30
Daniel Peree Daniel Peree is offline
Member
 
May 2015
Germany
20
Default

Could Wicked-Vision Media be added to the list of distributors? Thanks!

This comes from the Label:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hatch...lu-ray/135703/

and

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dr-Te...lu-ray/134898/
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:24 PM   #31
Daniel Peree Daniel Peree is offline
Member
 
May 2015
Germany
20
Default

Nobody here?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:39 PM   #32
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
3
680
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Peree View Post
Could Wicked-Vision Media be added to the list of distributors? Thanks!

This comes from the Label:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hatch...lu-ray/135703/

and

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dr-Te...lu-ray/134898/
Post in the Site improvements thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:00 AM   #33
aronm aronm is offline
Member
 
Oct 2010
Poland
2
2
122
29
Poland

Hi
Can You administrators add to the database the polish distributor : Galapagos ?
I can't add upcoming polish edition 2d 2 blu-rays of the VII Episode of Star Wars. http://www.galapagos.com.pl/film-7416.html

Thank You
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:54 AM   #34
ridezilla ridezilla is offline
Member
 
ridezilla's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Irving, TX
276
3467
1056
579
260
37
1
15
Send a message via AIM to ridezilla
Default

How do i get someone to add some Studios to the list of Studios to choose from when im Adding movies to the database ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:36 AM   #35
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA 🦅
5
-
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridezilla View Post
How do i get someone to add some Studios to the list of Studios to choose from when im Adding movies to the database ?
I usually just ask to have them added in the Site Improvements thread:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...45767&page=248
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:14 AM   #36
ridezilla ridezilla is offline
Member
 
ridezilla's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Irving, TX
276
3467
1056
579
260
37
1
15
Send a message via AIM to ridezilla
Default

Thanks for the info
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:29 AM   #37
BigNickUK BigNickUK is online now
Moderator
 
BigNickUK's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Leek, Staffordshire
158
3184
64
34
3
Default

Hey please can you add zoom.co.uk to retailers list please as they are releasing more exclusives in the UK
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:03 PM   #38
zbinks zbinks is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
zbinks's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Illinois
22
2778
438
3
1
Default

We had a discussion pop up in the Kino Lorber Studio Classics thread last night, and I think we need some clarification, since there were conflicting examples mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellhound View Post
Is there a difference between the Kino Lorber and Scorpion version of Monster Club? I can't even find a listing for the Kino Lorber version on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
It should actually be listed under Kino since they are the distributor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
I don't think that's accurate. Kino is Scorpion's distributor, but Scorpion is an independent label, not a Kino sublabel. The site hasn't applied that standard to MGM (Fox), Criterion (Sony), Arrow US (MVD) or any number of other independent labels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
They've applied that standard to other studios for example, WB releasing Paramount releases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
But on the other hand, they did apply it to Winter Sleep, which is actually from Adopt Films, and distributed by Kino. This site's database has it listed as being a Kino Lorber release. The same is true for three other Adopt Films releases: Barbara, Omar, and Victoria.

It gets a bit confusing when Scorpion is involved. There are some releases that are actual Scorpion releases distributed by Kino. There are others that are recommended, and put together, by Walt Olsen for Kino, and released -- not just distributed -- under the Kino Lorber label.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
There are also those that Scorpion distributes through third-party sites such as ScreenArchives and Code Red's BigCartel site; e.g. Doctor Death, Hollywood Boulevard, Haunting of Morella (Blu-ray), Go Tell the Spartans (Blu-ray), etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterLime View Post
Monster Club is a Scorpion Releasing title, Kino Lorber distributes all Scorpion titles except for some limited edition titles which are sold on the Screen Archives website. We also distribute Raro, Carlotta, and a few others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
No argument that Monster Club is a Scorpion releasing title but this site's rules has been to list the titles, on this site, under/based on the distributor of the title and not necessarily based on the studio/label as I've understood it. However, there seems to be examples where this site has gone both ways.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:46 PM   #39
InGen InGen is offline
Senior Member
 
InGen's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
Illinois
890
1642
Default

Could the distributor Media Movies & More be added?
I can't find much on them, but they're the distributor on a Bruce Lee double feature I have and am trying to add.

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0217808/
http://www.manta.com/ic/mt6wqk2/ca/m...s-and-more-ltd

The DVD:
https://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Lee-Chi.../dp/B00005UQ6Y

Edit: Just saw the site improvements thread suggestion above and will post there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #40
joltman joltman is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2010
127
1701
547
1
Default

Please add G&P Records (http://www.gandprecords.com) they have released a DVD and a Blu-ray
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 AM.