Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Sony - Colección 20 Películas (Blu-ray)
€51.99

Velvet - Serie completa (Blu-ray)
€44.99

Beethoven: Missa Solemnis op.123 (Blu-ray)
€22.99
9 hrs ago
Mask (Blu-ray)
€9.95

Last Christmas (Blu-ray)
€14.95

The Naked City (Blu-ray)
€13.91

Portrait of a Lady on Fire (Blu-ray)
€15.99

Cast Away (Blu-ray)
€9.95

Parásitos (Blu-ray)
€15.99

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (Blu-ray)
€9.95

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
€30.99
15 hrs ago
Boyhood (Blu-ray)
€9.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Spanish

Old 05-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion138 View Post
Okay, I canceled my order for the three sets and ordered all five, which came to about €61. That should come to about $79. But my bank account shows two separate pre-authorization charges, adding up to about $97. Which seems a bit excessive, considering the current exchange rate. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Never known Amazon to do pre-authorization charges

Oh and received a dispatch email this morning for the first 4 releases with an estimated delivery date of May 31st

Last edited by Indiana Jones; 05-28-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

So just to be clear, you're not being charged $97 for your order? May I ask what you were charged for your order of all five sets?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #23
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

I let them bill me in Euros, total for all 5 delivered was €65.37

Last edited by Indiana Jones; 05-29-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

I've taken up the matter with their Customer Service. Waiting now for the lesser of the two charges to disappear from my statement, with a second smaller charge to be forthcoming when Memoirs ships.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

I have to give it to Amazon.es, they said the package would be here today before 6:30pm and it certainly was

Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #26

Mar 2008
USA

Hi there, I ordered the complete collection on Blu-ray of Sherlock Holmes and can't wait to receive it.

Has anyone else received their order in the us yet?

Armand
Old 06-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Received a dispatch email yesterday for 'Memoirs' so should have the complete set early next week
Old 06-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand77 View Post
Hi there, I ordered the complete collection on Blu-ray of Sherlock Holmes and can't wait to receive it.

Has anyone else received their order in the us yet?

Armand
I've had the first four sets for several days now. Memoirs is on its way.

Unfortunately, the PQ ia a bit "all over the place." Some episodes look pretty good, while others are waxy with DNR. Unfortunately, The Blue Carbuncle, which I watch every Christmas without fail, is one of the latter.

Still, the overall upgrade from the remastered DVD's is undeniable. There's more information in the frame, the colors are better, and there's a good upgrade in terms of image detail...particularly on the episodes where they didn't filter the grain into oblivion.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #29

Mar 2008
USA

Hi All,
I received the first 4 yesterday with the 5th on route. The show looks amazing. Much better than the old us dvd release.

Great deal too which is awesome. I am sure when it comes out here it will be about 200.00 for the blu set and about 150.00 in us for the uk version.

Thanks for your help.

Couldn't wait to start watching them.

Armand
Old 06-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
South Midlands town of Denton
Question

Is this worth it 2 me 4 a blind buy, I've never seen this version or Jeremy Bretts'? Also, where is the best deal 4 both of these sets, I'm interested? Is the Amazon Spanish site the only way 2 get the ITV version & how is their site, I've never ordered from Amazon/Spain?

Thank U & lookin' 4 any of your expert advise!
Old 06-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #31

May 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Pause View Post
Is this worth it 2 me 4 a blind buy, I've never seen this version or Jeremy Bretts'? Also, where is the best deal 4 both of these sets, I'm interested? Is the Amazon Spanish site the only way 2 get the ITV version & how is their site, I've never ordered from Amazon/Spain?
This ITV series is the most faithful adaptation of the Sherlock Holmes stories, so if you like them, then you are likely to enjoy these episodes. The first series (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes) is by far the best, so you could just buy that and see what you think.

It is very easy to order from any European Amazon site - you just use the same login name and password as the American one.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by James78 View Post
This ITV series is the most faithful adaptation of the Sherlock Holmes stories, so if you like them, then you are likely to enjoy these episodes. The first series (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes) is by far the best, so you could just buy that and see what you think.

It is very easy to order from any European Amazon site - you just use the same login name and password as the American one.
Thanks
Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Just finished 'The Sign of Four' and its a mixed bag indeed, overall it looks very good but most faces have a waxy look yet their clothes and scenery have good fine detail, I have to wonder if it's not just heavy makeup or if it is DNR it's been applied carefully and not just slopped over the entire image.

The more annoying issue are the several scenes that were originally shot during the day and later had a filter applied to make them look like they were shot at night, these scenes on the BD are presented unfiltered which I can only assume is an oversight on the remastering teams part but it's by no means a deal breaker just a disappointment.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
Just finished 'The Sign of Four' and its a mixed bag indeed, overall it looks very good but most faces have a waxy look yet their clothes and scenery have good fine detail, I have to wonder if it's not just heavy makeup or if it is DNR it's been applied carefully and not just slopped over the entire image.

The more annoying issue are the several scenes that were originally shot during the day and later had a filter applied to make them look like they were shot at night, these scenes on the BD are presented unfiltered which I can only assume is an oversight on the remastering teams part but it's by no means a deal breaker just a disappointment.
I noticed this, as well. It's especially jarring in the climactic chase scene of the Aurora, when it jumps from high noon to pitch black in a single cut. Unfortunate, really. But then, Sign of Four is one of the more troubling transfers, overall. It's quite waxy (if not quite to the unfortunate blurry extent of Blue Carbuncle), and the brightness has been cranked way too high...which makes the unfiltered day-for-night scenes stand out even more.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #35
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Watched 'The Hound of the Baskervilles' and 'The Last Vampyre' last night, both were improvements over 'The Sign of Four' with the faces not looking as waxy and great fine detail to be seen, very pleased with these BDs.

Oh and just had 'Memoirs' arrive today so I believe that is the full set now
Old 06-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Man, I hope my copy of Memoirs arrives soon. Can't wait to complete the collection. For the third time. haha
Old 06-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by James78 View Post

I tried to order from this site(Blu-ray.com buy now) & it would not go through. Am I doing something wrong & is there a English translation for this site Amazon.es? Is this the only place to get The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes bd/ I'll b if I can not get these).
Old 06-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #38
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Pause View Post
I tried to order from this site(Blu-ray.com buy now) & it would not go through. Am I doing something wrong & is there a English translation for this site Amazon.es? Is this the only place to get The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes bd/ I'll b if I can not get these).
Just go directly to Amazon.es using a browser like Google Chrome which will auto translate but the site is pretty easy to navigate as its laid out exactly the same as Amazon.com, you even use the same log in details.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #39
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
Just go directly to Amazon.es using a browser like Google Chrome which will auto translate but the site is pretty easy to navigate as its laid out exactly the same as Amazon.com, you even use the same log in details.
Thanks a lot Indiana Jones for your kind help!

I tried again after I wrote for help last night & I tried navigating like you said in your reply today. It was laid out just like Amazon.com! So I guess I figured it out before I needed help, last night.

However I learned something new from you by using Google Chrome for translation, much appreciated!!!

It came out to Eur 17.27($23.00) is that high? The shipping is what cost the most(how long do you think it will take to ship from Spain to US)! If I like this series, would the cost factor be worth it for me to get the other 4 series, is it any cheaper, that you know, anywhere else(it seems Amazon.es will be the cheapest )?

Also in the bd itself will I have to go to the English audio every time, does the bd menu help you out w/this(is the default Spanish)? Thanks again
Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Ugh...they cropped Memoirs to 1.78! WHY?!?!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Spanish