Best DigiBook Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.46
 
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.83
 
Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone (Blu-ray)
$8.85
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$18.33
 
Police Story / Police Story 2 (Blu-ray)
$25.17
 
The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
The Ten Commandments (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Verotika (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The Outer Limits: Season One (Blu-ray)
$41.99
 
Helloween: United Alive (Blu-ray)
$23.72
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 03:22 AM   #41
Scooter1836 Scooter1836 is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2010
2
2342
240
285
137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
Where's the best place to order digibooks online?

I ordered a few from amazon.. but I don't know if I should go ahead and buy all the ones that I want anyway, before they go oop or wait for discounts

Here's the list of what I already ordered:
Unforgiven $12.08
The Big Lebowski $10.27 (Double dip)
Blade Runner $13.89

Added to the cart/waiting for a price drop
A Clockwork Orange $18.96 (double dip)
Full Metal Jacket $18.82 (double dip)
300 $22.38 (double dip)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest $18.96
Empire of the Sun $22.48
The Bridge on the River Kwai $24.02
King Kong $18.96
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane $18.96
Citizen Kane $26.04
The Shawshank Redemption $17.85
The Green Mile $18.79
Se7en $22.38 (double dip)
Falling Down $18.96

OOP/looking for used on ebay
Battle Royale The Complete Collection (double dip)
Dr. Strangelove
For the most part I get mine from Amazon, but there are store exclusives and local sales. The price tracker on this site is a good way to monitor the prices and get an alert. You can also see the Amazon pricing history.

Also Battle Royale is not a Digibook. Book style packaging where the pages are actually disc sleeves are not a true digibook. Although the packaging of most of those is usually very good and worth owning

The one thing we have all seen is there is usually one printing of Digibooks. The big question that one has to ask is how big was the production run and how long will they last. Some have lasted several years and some a period months (especially store exclusives)

Good luck in your newly acquired addiction, mine is in full gear LOL

https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...7&categoryid=7

I have all the US ones except for the UFC ones (not a UFC fan). But I limit myself to the US releases (I do have some self control LOL). But actually I have gotten lucky in that all the digibooks have been something my wife (and/or immediate family) or I like.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:14 AM   #42
JTanck JTanck is offline
Special Member
 
JTanck's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
Costa Mesa, CA
623
23
14
Default

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane is well worth 18.96, although I may be bias because it is one of my all time favorite films, and the DigiBook is filled with so many great pics and interesting tid bits about the leading ladies and their feud! Joan Crawford and Bette Davis are absolutely incredible I'm this movie! It was the first DigiBook I bought to replace the DVD I had. Now they need to make a Mildred Pierce DigiBook and I will be even happier! Now I'm just blabbing on and on lol!

"Oh really, did she like it?" - Bette Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
Where's the best place to order digibooks online?

I ordered a few from amazon.. but I don't know if I should go ahead and buy all the ones that I want anyway, before they go oop or wait for discounts

Here's the list of what I already ordered:
Unforgiven $12.08
The Big Lebowski $10.27 (Double dip)
Blade Runner $13.89

Added to the cart/waiting for a price drop
A Clockwork Orange $18.96 (double dip)
Full Metal Jacket $18.82 (double dip)
300 $22.38 (double dip)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest $18.96
Empire of the Sun $22.48
The Bridge on the River Kwai $24.02
King Kong $18.96
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane $18.96
Citizen Kane $26.04
The Shawshank Redemption $17.85
The Green Mile $18.79
Se7en $22.38 (double dip)
Falling Down $18.96

OOP/looking for used on ebay
Battle Royale The Complete Collection (double dip)
Dr. Strangelove
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #43
Talal86 Talal86 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
72
217
3
71
Default

^ well, it is on my cart at the moment! I've never seen it, but I heard it's really good

here's what I'm going to order:
The Hustler
The Usual Suspects
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Bridge on the River Kwai
King Kong
Citizen Kane
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
The Big Lebowski
Unforgiven

and I already ordered 'Blade Runner' a few days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1836 View Post
But actually I have gotten lucky in that all the digibooks have been something my wife (and/or immediate family) or I like.
looking at the the US releases, I think most of them are really good movies, so not surprised that you and your family like them
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JTanck (06-22-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #44
wjasoncul wjasoncul is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
wjasoncul's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA
496
5119
108
1035
4
194
Default

Pice Drop on some digibooks at Amazon JP - Probably will have JP text but they look nice and are pretty cheap...

https://www.blu-ray.com/deals/#1

Change packaging to DigiBook and country to Japan if the link doesn't work

Last edited by wjasoncul; 06-24-2014 at 05:47 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bruisermoore (06-24-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 11:24 PM   #45
Bruisermoore Bruisermoore is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Bruisermoore's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.
70
418
9
319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
Pice Drop on some digibooks at Amazon JP - Probably will have JP text but they look nice and are pretty cheap...

https://www.blu-ray.com/deals/#1

Change packaging to DigiBook and country to Japan if the link doesn't work
Thanks for this buddy, picked up Alien and Predator for $37 shipped.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
wjasoncul (06-25-2014)
Old 06-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #46
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
3
680
61
Default

I'd like to add a section for foreign Digibooks that have English text. I know there are some French ones that do. Feel free to post any that you know for sure have English text in them. Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #47
Scooter1836 Scooter1836 is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2010
2
2342
240
285
137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I'd like to add a section for foreign Digibooks that have English text. I know there are some French ones that do. Feel free to post any that you know for sure have English text in them. Thanks!
Since you have limited posting space on the front page

Instead of a new section you may just want to put the text language by each release


Such As
In fact you would only have to put the text if it differs from the country of origin (or all depends on how you choose to do it). But if you are going to track differences in text you may as well tack all language differences, not just English.

But that is a great idea
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #48
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
3
680
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1836 View Post
Since you have limited posting space on the front page

Instead of a new section you may just want to put the text language by each release


Such As
In fact you would only have to put the text if it differs from the country of origin (or all depends on how you choose to do it). But if you are going to track differences in text you may as well tack all language differences, not just English.

But that is a great idea
\

Yeah, either way works. Just something to help people easily find all the foreign country (i.e. English not the primary language) Digibooks that are English-friendly. It's usually assumed that the Digibooks will be in the language of the native country, and so it prevents some people here from buying them. I'm also fine with listing any other language that the text is in, that's not the native langauge, thanks for that suggestion

Last edited by MifuneFan; 06-25-2014 at 06:54 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:28 AM   #49
masob98 masob98 is offline
Power Member
 
masob98's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
15
9
384
9
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
Where's the best place to order digibooks online?

I ordered a few from amazon.. but I don't know if I should go ahead and buy all the ones that I want anyway, before they go oop or wait for discounts

Here's the list of what I already ordered:
Unforgiven $12.08
The Big Lebowski $10.27 (Double dip)
Blade Runner $13.89

Added to the cart/waiting for a price drop
A Clockwork Orange $18.96 (double dip)
Full Metal Jacket $18.82 (double dip)
300 $22.38 (double dip)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest $18.96
Empire of the Sun $22.48
The Bridge on the River Kwai $24.02
King Kong $18.96
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane $18.96
Citizen Kane $26.04
The Shawshank Redemption $17.85
The Green Mile $18.79
Se7en $22.38 (double dip)
Falling Down $18.96

OOP/looking for used on ebay
Battle Royale The Complete Collection (double dip)
Dr. Strangelove
If you could hold out, you can catch alot of good deals on digibooks during black friday and all through the christmas season.

Last christmas season I picked up:
Clockwork Orange $9.99
The outlaw Josey wales $9.99
Full Metal Jackets $9.99
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #50
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
3
680
61
Default

Dark Angel (1989) will be getting 4 variant Digibooks in Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_Dam View Post
https://www.facebook.com/NSMRecords/...43075842401290

Digibook limited edition with
- a booklet of 20 pages or plus featuring exclusive liner notes by Jérémie Damoiseau
(with infos you probably never heard of)
- Exclusive Matthias Hues interview (in German I suspect)
- Interviews with Craig Baxley, Dolph Lundgren and Brian Benben (the one produced by Shout Factory I guess)
- Theatrical trailer
- Lobby cards
- Stills gallery
- Poster gallery
- Filmographies

Covers A & B limited to 1,000




Covers C&D limited to 500


  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #51
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-
93
Default

Germany and France: Digibook capitals of the world!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:54 AM   #52
masob98 masob98 is offline
Power Member
 
masob98's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
15
9
384
9
11
Default

It sure has been quiet for digibooks here in the US. Bummer. Im a digibook addict.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:05 AM   #53
Scooter1836 Scooter1836 is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2010
2
2342
240
285
137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masob98 View Post
It sure has been quiet for digibooks here in the US. Bummer. Im a digibook addict.
Well there are three releases in August and three in September at least
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:10 AM   #54
masob98 masob98 is offline
Power Member
 
masob98's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
15
9
384
9
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1836 View Post
Well there are three releases in August and three in September at least
Maybe I should skim through this thread more. The only release I knew about was ghostbusters.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:15 AM   #55
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
3
680
61
Default

Funny you mention that, A week ago, I was planning to create a section in the op to list the Latest additions (like the last 5 or so). I just kind of procrastinated on that
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:19 AM   #56
The Rider The Rider is offline
Senior Member
 
The Rider's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Germany and France: Digibook capitals of the world!
Sadly the situation is more complex.

Austria and Germany becomes many mediabooks in very very low edition sizes (im not a fan of this) from B-movies.

But no digibooks for bigger movies like Gladiator, King Kong, the Mummy, the Mummy Retirns, Alien, Aliens, Terminator, etc.

The major labels have no love for digibookfans (especially Fox and Universal). :-(
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:20 AM   #57
Scooter1836 Scooter1836 is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2010
2
2342
240
285
137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1836 View Post
Well there are three releases in August and three in September at least
Elvis: That's the Way It Is - 8/12/2014
Viva Las Vegas - 8/12/2014
Divergent - 8/19/2014
Ghost Busters 1&2 - 9/16/2014
Attack on Titan: Limted Edition Part 2 - 9/23/2014
Once Upon a Time in America - 9/30/2014

Now the "Attack on Titan: Limted Edition Part 2" is not 100%, the limited edition and collector's edition for part 1 were Digibooks. The press release for the limited and collector's editions are stated as "Artbook TBD". My guess is like part 1 they will be digibooks, but that is not 100% confirmed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:31 AM   #58
Scooter1836 Scooter1836 is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2010
2
2342
240
285
137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
Sadly the situation is more complex.

Austria and Germany becomes many mediabooks in very very low edition sizes (im not a fan of this) from B-movies.

But no digibooks for bigger movies like Gladiator, King Kong, the Mummy, the Mummy Retirns, Alien, Aliens, Terminator, etc.

The major labels have no love for digibookfans (especially Fox and Universal). :-(
Yeah unfortunately I think the packaging is niche market limited to psychotics... err collectors like us, yeah that's it collectors like us.

But seriously. Most people love or hate Digibooks, not many people are in the middle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #59
Optimus Optimus is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Optimus's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
Australia
191
588
2
4
Default

Hey guys apart from Amazon where else do you get your digibooks?

Is there an equivalent site like Zavvi that have a decent selection of digibooks to buy?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #60
pab1219 pab1219 is online now
Special Member
 
pab1219's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
197
2083
9
Default

Costco has EASY RIDER for $9.99 for anyone needing to add this to their collection.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 PM.