Best DigiBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.46

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.83

Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone (Blu-ray)
$8.85

Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$18.33

Police Story / Police Story 2 (Blu-ray)
$25.17

The Outer Limits: Season One (Blu-ray)
$41.99

The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Verotika (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Ten Commandments (Blu-ray)
$14.99

3 Silent Classics by Josef von Sternberg (Blu-ray)
$49.98

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases

Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #41

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Huh?
The 5 WB Diamond Lux's were all $16.99 at BB, and $17.49 on Amazon. Deal of the Century right there!
I rounded up. Still a bit high for catalog titles. I would like to see them around $10 - $12 in the long run, that would be a fair price. And then new releases (non tv shows) around $19 - $22. I think that would be good and still allow for them to make profit. You gotta remember I'm poor so yeah haha.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:44 PM   #42
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
I rounded up. Still a bit high for catalog titles. I would like to see them around $10 - $12 in the long run, that would be a fair price. And then new releases (non tv shows) around $19 - $22. I think that would be good and still allow for them to make profit. You gotta remember I'm poor so yeah haha.
I understand what you're saying, but you'd be hard pressed to see steelbook catalogs appear in that range, on a consistant basis. Look at the recent Sony Pop art, they were $14.99ea, and while I like them...they aren't even in the same league as any of the Neo Cases, IMO.
Eh, I guess it's all on where you stand.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:46 PM   #43

Dec 2009

Those Pop Art were ok. I wasn't blown away by them honestly. While they were nice they weren't anything I had to go and buy you know. Plus they may drop later on. They will probably want to get rid of them because they have so much stock. They should have been gloss as well, the matted finish on them pretty much doomed them.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:49 PM   #44
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Those Pop Art were ok. I wasn't blown away by them honestly. While they were nice they weren't anything I had to go and buy you know. Plus they may drop later on. They will probably want to get rid of them because they have so much stock. They should have been gloss as well, the matted finish on them pretty much doomed them.
Sold quite well at both my stores!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #45

Nov 2009
Maryland

I preordered this. It looks great. My only blah about it is the UV copy. I wanted a high res photo of what you get and found it over at IGN.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...-rays-detailed
Old 01-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #46

Nov 2008

I like the look of this release, wonder if the disc will be region free?
Old 01-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #47

Dec 2011

I got the Warner Diamond Luxe batman and have to admit, I prefer it over some poorly printed steelbooks in my collection. The glass / glossy sheen really brings the artwork to life.

I can only imagine this Interstellar pack looking spectacular. I definitely want 1 sent to the UK !
Old 01-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #48

Jan 2015

That does look pretty sexy, I must admit.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:16 PM   #49
Expert Member

Nov 2014
Chicago, IL

I hate shopping at Walmart. I ran into problems trying to get their Hercules exclusive steelbook. I went there early morning and they did not put it out on the floor nor did any employee feel like checking in the back to get me one. That being said, I will give them one more shot in attempt to get Instellar there because it's too damn cool looking to pass up. It blows the steelbook out of the water.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #50
Power Member

Mar 2012
South Italy

Can we order this in Europe?

It's simply Perfect.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #51
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionist View Post

It's simply Perfect.
Unfortunately I don't think WM ships internationally. If so, then you would have 3 options:

1) Most expensive: Have a member buy and ship to you
2) Possibly slightly less expensive: ebay
3) Cheapest: Hope that it receives an international release later on
Old 01-25-2015, 10:15 PM   #52

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionist View Post

It's simply Perfect.
There's a possibility the UK might get this as AmazonUK is listing a limited edition digibook. No other details ATM, but stay tuned as there's a chance it could be a neo pack/diamond luxe edition.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:33 AM   #53
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010

Just preordered. Hoping its G2 size afterall
Old 01-26-2015, 01:53 AM   #54

Dec 2014
The Shire
Wal-Mart

You can definitely tell Warner Bros is making a push to the Neo Case market. It seems they are trying to make a statement, like, "Hey, collect Neo Cases over steelbooks due them being a superior alternative".

I will say Neo Cases are nice, but it is really all about supply and demand, and, right now, the market dictates that steelbooks are as hot as a habanero pepper while the Neo market is like a bell pepper. I do think studios are getting greedy in their recognition of the steelbook collecting market being hot by releasing the same titles over and over in different steelbook formats. I, also, think the mass generating of steelbook production is diluting the collecting community and the market. Again, until Neo cases get more popular, I agree that a price range of $15-$20 is acceptable. I do like that Neo Cases don't get damaged as easy as steelbooks. I'm tired of going to many stores and the steelbooks are always trashed and dented or, my worst nightmare, I find a perfect steelbook only to open it and find under the J-card there is a dent, scratches, or paint chips. Also, due to studios getting lazy with steelbook artwork, which many of them don't even have inside artwork anymore, Neo Cases are becoming more appealing to me. The Warner Bros Neo Cases I own have beautiful images on every flap of the case and feel very sturdy and not cheap. For the first time, I think I'm going to skip the Interstellar steelbook at Target, which has incorrect proportioned figures and a bland cover, and get the Interstellar Neo Case that has taken full advantage of the space setting to create an awesome front cover.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #55
Expert Member

Nov 2014
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by q-BUZZ-p View Post
You can definitely tell Warner Bros is making a push to the Neo Case market. It seems they are trying to make a statement, like, "Hey, collect Neo Cases over steelbooks due them being a superior alternative".

I will say Neo Cases are nice, but it is really all about supply and demand, and, right now, the market dictates that steelbooks are as hot as a habanero pepper while the Neo market is like a bell pepper. I do think studios are getting greedy in their recognition of the steelbook collecting market being hot by releasing the same titles over and over in different steelbook formats. I, also, think the mass generating of steelbook production is diluting the collecting community and the market. Again, until Neo cases get more popular, I agree that a price range of $15-$20 is acceptable. I do like that Neo Cases don't get damaged as easy as steelbooks. I'm tired of going to many stores and the steelbooks are always trashed and dented or, my worst nightmare, I find a perfect steelbook only to open it and find under the J-card there is a dent, scratches, or paint chips. Also, due to studios getting lazy with steelbook artwork, which many of them don't even have inside artwork anymore, Neo Cases are becoming more appealing to me. The Warner Bros Neo Cases I own have beautiful images on every flap of the case and feel very sturdy and not cheap. For the first time, I think I'm going to skip the Interstellar steelbook at Target, which has incorrect proportioned figures and a bland cover, and get the Interstellar Neo Case that has taken full advantage of the space setting to create an awesome front cover.
I agree. The fact that it can be frustratingly difficult to find an unblemished steelbook is one of the big reasons I prefer digibooks. Outside of checking to see if the corners aren't damaged digibooks tend to not be damaged. Interstellar (of maybe Gravity diamond luxe) will be my first Neo Case so I'm interested to see how they compare w/ steelbooks.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #56
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards_Fan_15 View Post
I agree. The fact that it can be frustratingly difficult to find an unblemished steelbook is one of the big reasons I prefer digibooks. Outside of checking to see if the corners aren't damaged digibooks tend to not be damaged. Interstellar (of maybe Gravity diamond luxe) will be my first Neo Case so I'm interested to see how they compare w/ steelbooks.
I think you'll be very happy with them! Neo Cases trump steelbooks in every way! Art is better, much clearer and you get more of it. They are much more durable than a steelbook. Heavier than a steelbook, for those that like that kind of thing.
The only thing steelbook has over Neo Case is being around longer. Not much Neo Case can do about that, but each solid release places this type of packaging more on the map.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #57
Expert Member

Nov 2014
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I think you'll be very happy with them! Neo Cases trump steelbooks in every way! Art is better, much clearer and you get more of it. They are much more durable than a steelbook. Heavier than a steelbook, for those that like that kind of thing.
The only thing steelbook has over Neo Case is being around longer. Not much Neo Case can do about that, but each solid release places this type of packaging more on the map.
I like that they are heavier. Sometimes steelbooks feel too flimsy and not too durable so that's good to hear.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:09 AM   #58
Expert Member

May 2008
vancouver, bc
-
-
-
-
-

The thing I'm most excited about this is this is Paramount's entry into the Neo Cases game. Hopefully we get more titles, both new and whatever catalog they have in the future with these cases.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:22 PM   #59
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jceperley View Post
The thing I'm most excited about this is this is Paramount's entry into the Neo Cases game. Hopefully we get more titles, both new and whatever catalog they have in the future with these cases.
It's their first one and also I'm assuming its G2 sized.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:30 PM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
It's their first one and also I'm assuming its G2 sized.
I thought it was the 3rd time? Didnt they do one for the Halle Berry new TV series and an Audrey Hepburn movie exclusive to Target?

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases