Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
$44.99

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$29.99

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (Switch)
$14.99

Blacksad: Under The Skin (Switch)
$19.99

Risk of Rain 2 (Switch)
$22.09
12 hrs ago
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch)
$29.97

Mortal Kombat 11 (Switch)
$24.99

Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure (Switch)
$9.90

A Hat In Time (Switch)
$29.99

Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)
$24.49

Sparklite (Switch)
$14.99

Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 01-15-2020, 10:39 PM   #9121
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Balls View Post
I bought my daughter NBA2K20 for Christmas, and she can't even run the game without external storage. If you have the physical game do you just update on the memory card? I must be getting old. I'm not understanding new tech!
There's not that many games doing that. Usually the sports games, WWE games, and also Wolfenstein. Some multipack games too. For future reference it'll always say on the cover if it requires a download or larger memory card.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:11 AM   #9122
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Now I have a yellow lite for traveling and a joh con system for home use
Old 01-24-2020, 01:56 PM   #9123
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

How many people play their Switch on the public transit?
Old 01-25-2020, 01:09 AM   #9124
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
Mine only leaves the house if I go to a relatives house for a night, which is rare. Next week will be the second time. I always want to bring it to work for my hour lunch break but I worry about leaving it in the car or my locker, which doesn't have a lock.. lol.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:52 PM   #9125
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
my locker, which doesn't have a lock.. lol.
You need to fix that ASAP
Old 01-25-2020, 06:12 PM   #9126
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
I can't remember the last time I was on public transit. Long before the Switch came out.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:06 AM   #9127

Nov 2014

Quote:
Do airplanes count? Switch Lite has officially replaced my 3DS for air travel.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:00 PM   #9128
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
Do airplanes count? Switch Lite has officially replaced my 3DS for air travel.
Does the TSA require you turn it on, like they do with laptops?
Old 01-26-2020, 03:05 PM   #9129
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Does the TSA require you turn it on, like they do with laptops?
I havenít had to turn on a laptop in probably a decade or more. Just to put it in itís own bin if I get stuck going through normal security. Same with the Switch and other smaller electronics. Youíd only have to turn it on possibly if you got pulled aside for extra searching. Or maybe at some tiny and not busy airport worn bored TSA agents.

I have TSA precheck with global entry and with that you donít have to take any of your electronics, including laptops out of your bag, nor take your shows off.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:28 PM   #9130
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Sure hope we get a Direct one of these days. I just dusted off my pro controller because I've barely played my Switch since Christmas.
Thanks given by:
Steelmaker (02-01-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 05:54 PM   #9131
Power Member

Jul 2010

My wife recently persuaded me to buy a used Wii U for Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. Knowing my luck I now expect a Switch port at the next Direct.
Thanks given by:
ghornett (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #9132
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtu128 View Post
My wife recently persuaded me to buy a used Wii U for Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. Knowing my luck I now expect a Switch port at the next Direct.
I salute your sacrifice for the rest of us good sir.
Thanks given by:
dmaul1114 (01-29-2020), ghornett (01-29-2020), Heapashifter (01-29-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 11:59 AM   #9133
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Sure hope we get a Direct one of these days. I just dusted off my pro controller because I've barely played my Switch since Christmas.
Same. Iím actually kind of bummed about my Switch these days. Animal Crossing looks to be the next major release but that game is not appealing to me whatsoever. Plus we got no January Direct, so we still have no clue what else to look forward to this year. Unless Nintendo drops a Direct soon, itís looking like a pretty barren year for Switch games.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #9134
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Same. Iím actually kind of bummed about my Switch these days. Animal Crossing looks to be the next major release but that game is not appealing to me whatsoever. Plus we got no January Direct, so we still have no clue what else to look forward to this year. Unless Nintendo drops a Direct soon, itís looking like a pretty barren year for Switch games.
I feel like this has happened a few times since the Switch launched. Nintendo keeps going through these big gaps without any games coming out. It makes me glad that I bought a PS4 during Black Friday because I've invested well over 100+ hours into it this month alone. PS4 has tons and tons of games that I'm adding to my backlog. With the Switch all I want to do right now is play Three Houses again. No fun new games coming up for it.

I'm not into Animal Crossing either. I played some of New Leaf on the 3DS years ago and couldn't get into it.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:58 PM   #9135
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Way too soon to call it a barren year. The same was said last year and then the back half was stacked with strong releases. I do wish they would do better with evening it out. With all first and second party teams focusing on Switch now instead of two different systems they should easily be pumping out consistent content.

I thought for sure there would be a Direct last week. Now its completely up in the air; could happen any time. Wonder if they were trying to avoid the PS5 reveal news being too close to not over shadow them. But then again Nintendo usually doesn’t think that way.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:09 PM   #9136
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Way too soon to call it a barren year. The same was said last year and then the back half was stacked with strong releases. I do wish they would do better with evening it out. With all first and second party teams focusing on Switch now instead of two different systems they should easily be pumping out consistent content.

I thought for sure there would be a Direct last week. Now its completely up in the air; could happen any time. Wonder if they were trying to avoid the PS5 reveal news being too close to not over shadow them. But then again Nintendo usually doesnít think that way.
Plus, and I know I sound like a broken record with this, but I'm tired of all these glorified upres'd 3DS level games that Nintendo keeps passing off as full priced AAA console games. When are we going to start seeing some games from Nintendo developers with real scope and ambition? I'm sure BOTW 2 will be great. But beyond that, we haven't been showed anything that I would consider a true current gen AAA game coming out.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:40 PM   #9137

Nov 2014

I suppose itís way too early to expect Metroid since they started over, perhaps Metroid and BotW 2 will end up as launch titles for the next Switch. In the meantime, Iíd enjoy Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine.

Or why not a remake of The Adventures of Link? Make the graphics look like the art from the instructions, tone down the difficulty, make the objectives less obtuse (but keep a hardcore mode for nostalgia). That sounds like fun.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:53 PM   #9138

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
I suppose itís way too early to expect Metroid since they started over, perhaps Metroid and BotW 2 will end up as launch titles for the next Switch. In the meantime, Iíd enjoy Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine.

Or why not a remake of The Adventures of Link? Make the graphics look like the art from the instructions, tone down the difficulty, make the objectives less obtuse (but keep a hardcore mode for nostalgia). That sounds like fun.
I always had a love/hate relationship with AoL. Zelda was one of my favorite games as a kid (and it still is) and as a kid I thought a sequel would be like how many NES sequels were, more of the same but slightly different (MegaMan, Mario Bros, etc). So I was taken aback by how different it was and really didn't like how difficult it was. But regardless of that, there was a lot of charm to that game which still draws me in.

So if they made a AoL with QoL improvements, I'd buy that in a heart beat.

It'll be awhile for Metroid. They might be able to toss out a new logo or maybe a title for Prime 4 come E3 (regardless of the fact they won't be AT E3). Although I could see them dropping a port of the Prime Trilogy to help deal with the wait between now and MP4's release.

While there may not be any MAJOR AAA titles down the line, that have been announced at this time anyway, there are enough indy/mid-tier games to keep it more than afloat; Axiom Verge 2, Sports Story (Golf Story 2), Bravely Default 2, Hollow Knight 2, No More Heroes 3.

And a lot of Monster Hunter fans have been speculating that Development Team B (responsible for MHX/XX/GU) have been cooking up a new Monster Hunter game for the Switch while Team A worked on MHWorld. So that'd be something.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (02-07-2020)
Old 02-03-2020, 01:11 AM   #9139

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
I take the train to work, so... almost every day. Some days I feel quite lazy and I just end up listening to music, but since the release of Brain Training, I have been trying to complete all of the training activities and the brain age test before alighting. It's been a fun little routine.

If any other activities remain (which is usually just Sudoku, and I do the IR activities at home), I'll do them on the way home, but I'm usually too tired and find myself dozing off, so I usually don't play much else (usually Picross).

I also traveled interstate on three separate occasions in 2018, and I had taken my dock as well for some TV gaming. I can't say I got much done, but it was nice to kick back with a bit of cable TV and Switch time after a long day.

On the way back home after one of the three interstate trips, our plane back home got cancelled and we were booked into another hotel for the night, which was much, much nicer than where I normally stayed, but the TVs were wall-mounted, and it was virtually impossible to connect the dock to the TV.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:15 PM   #9140
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Rumor has it that we'll be receiving 2 Directs this month. One regular Direct and one for Animal Crossing.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switchô